Thread: What's wrong with fluffies?

Default What's wrong with fluffies?

Well I'm back to nappies after a long time (13 years). Last time i used fluffies as a cover coz I hated those plastic pilchers. Everyone seems to love the wool covers and from what I've read seem to work the same way as fluffies.

So is it just a fashion thing or natural vs man made material or something else.

Thanks, just re educating myself

PS Love MCN

Hi there teachmum, we've used fluffies here too when DD was smaller, but I haven't lately.
    I think it is because they are synthetic, as you suggested - they don't breathe as well as natural fabrics. (Though they're definitely better than PVC pilchers )
    Wool is a totally different story - its a brilliant material that is self-cleaning, breathable and naturally water repellant.
    HTH a little.

fluffies worked fine for us but i much prefer covers you can "open" to avoid the dragging of poo down bubs legs if you should find a leaky nappy inside

I use fluffies ones ! I like them, mainly coz I don't know much else... am yet to get into wool covers. Just bought a bbh wool cover and am trying it out tonight!

Teach, wool is great, i have a fluffy style cover that i was given, but has velcro at the front and it works wel too... the wool is great as you just need to air it our during the day and its right for the next day, and yeah its better cos its natural.
    Also i find that they dont need washing as much

HTH
    Last edited by ~Raven~; November 19th, 2008 at 07:01 AM.