Thread: Natural Morning Sickness Cures

Jen Schuster Guest

Default Natural Morning Sickness Cures

Okay guys

So ive heard about the chocolate and the fizzy drinks, but would like to know if any of you have some natural and healthy morning sickness cures.

So far carrot, celery and ginger juice has been a hit for me!!!!!

Let me know what has worked for you :-)

Love Jen

****Do not read if you are suffering of a queasy stomach****

Keep a box of Salada's (or some other substitute) next to your bed, and before you even sit up nibble on one. That helped a bit with me. But I actually found that my MS was worse in the afternoon than first thing. And it also depended on what I ate...as certain foods triggered it. I became linda blair at the whiff of OJ LOL

Isn't it funny what we actually put up with lol...I remember there being a food rank...you ate depending on how bad it would taste coming back up ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :mrgreen:

I tried slippery elm, but DH bought the chewables which were rather FOUL and that made it worse. From what I hear the capsules are ok, but after my experience with the chewables I gave up.

Good luck girls!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Definately eating something before you get out of bed seemed to help me: my DH would bring me a drinking yogurt straight from the fridge: I could drink this back in one go (especially if it was freezing cold from the fridge) and not smell or taste a thing, and that seemed to enable me to get going in the morning.

The other thing I found that helped was lavendar oil. I know most people swear by ginger, but that seemed to make me worse. I noticed that if we had a lavender oil burner going in our bedroom, I slept better, and also felt a stack better on waking.

My other thing which helped, but is not great for your teeth, was chewy Minties!

Jen Schuster Guest

Thanks for the advice Cailin and Lucy

I used Slippery Elm repair the damage coeliacs did to my intestinal tract so I have a ready made supply in the cupboard (YAY)

Minties - YUM - I could get used to those :-)

But the thing about eating before you get out of bed is a great idea too.

I read somewhere in a natural health magazine that for alot of women M/S is actually caused by fluctuating blood sugar so alot of women will suffer early in the morning and early afternoon. Which is why the eat before you get out of bed and lots of small meals throughout the day seems to help.

I am hoping to be lucky :-)

Love Jen

froofy Guest

i agree about having something to eat b4 getting out of bed. fiance got into a routine since he woke b4 me, of waking me, giving me a cup of lipton's lemon and ginger tea and a piece of dry toast. it didnt cure it, but it helped enough to get up, get dressed, then head out the door to work. also just grazing helped to.

I can't remember if anything I ate helped at the time. It was more a case of eat anything that didn't make me more nauseous at the time, and once it hit my stomach I'd be fine for a while. Sometimes napping helped. So I basically was either eating or sleeping the whole month!

Now when I'm nauseous I eat a plain premium, and that usually helps.
    My thing now is, if I'm up past about 11pm, I get what I can only assume is heartburn (never having had it before), an icky feeling like my stomach contents are leaking back up my throat; this gets worse when I lay down, so then I can't sleep. Anyone got any ideas on what might help?

Spearmint essential oil is my saviour at the moment. I carry a bottle around with me everywhere. It's especially useful at work, where the smell of people's coffee or lunch gets too much...I just put a drop on a tissue or inhale it straight out of the bottle, and it gets me through some very dodgy close-call moments!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Sorry guys I just have to hijack your thread LOL!

I'm honestly not just saying this because I am selling them, but Preggie Pops actually do work, they worked for me and I am getting stacks of repeat orders for large quantities of them!

(Just going to copy a bit from the site here!) Preggie Pops work by a combination of:

* Specific flavors known to help stomach problems
    * Aromatherapy
    * Mode of delivery
    * Sugars to combat hypoglycemic queasy stomach
    * And, they are safe because they are all natural

So if anyone can't find anything that helps or is desperate to get some relief, check out the Preggie Pops page: www.bellybelly.biz/preggiepops.html. Seriously guys, nothing worked for me when I was pregnant with Marisa, but I was astounded when these little lollipops actually worked - instantly at that! . Makes early pregnancy that much more pleasant.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

And they taste reaaaaaaaaaaaaally good, I can vouch for that. I tell you when ms hits for me I will be harrassing kel to place my order They are also good for labour too aren't they?

*hugs*
    Cailin

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

LOL Cailin - yep they give you an energy boost for labour and help with dry mouth. One mum told me she found them fabulous just after she gave birth when she was so knackered and was trying to stay awake to feed her new baby!

Have to watch Marisa though, she loves them and will do anything to get her hands on a pack! #-o
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.