Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #3

Hi guys, still around too, just not posting much because hardly any time to myself!
    Hope Anneliese and Noah and Ivy get better soon.
    All's well on our front.
    Hugs

Tiff- what a cute piccy on your ticker!

Hi Bel, maybe Coby is just getting to that age when he has learnt to do whatever means it takes to get what he wants! I remember what one of the nurses said to me when Nixon was in hospital, That we (us parents) will always remember everything our bub went through, all the needles etc, they (the bubs) will never remember any of it, thank god!
    I rekon it makes them stronger though. when DH took Nixon for his immunisation he said he hardly even cried, i said probably because he was already used to all the needles and is extra tough for it!

I wonder how little Anneleise is doing today??? Hopefully better than yesterday

Sending hugs to Anneleise and Simone and fam :hugs:

Hi all - I'm back from Port Douglas!!
    Gee - you guys have been chatting hard.
    Simone - hope Anneliese is doing okay and getting better.
    Tiff- Sorry to hear that Noah and Ivy have been in hospital. You are having such a tough time of late aren't you :hugs: and thinking of you

Hi everyone else - Nickers, Bec, Rae, Bel, Rac, Jess, Div.
    BTW- I hear you all with the age thing! When people ask Kyla's age I say - nearly one, but she's really only 9 months as she was prem. You get so tired of the explaination on the end...but I feel like I have to explain or they'll think there's something wrong with her.

Well our "holiday" was a bit of a wash out. Kyla got gastro, then I did, then DH and then MIL. Plus we were really worried about Kyla getting dehydrated because she was refusing her feeds. So were at the Dr twice while there.
    We really only got to relax for a few days - spent sitting in the sun outside the room (as Kyla was so exhausted that she needed to sleep all the time!). I was sick again last night too

We're having Kyla's Birthday and Baptism on 20th August - and have got the invitation's done (DH's aunt runs a printing business and has done them as a present). They're gorgeous!! Now have to start all of the organising!

belmarks Guest

Hey Tiff, I was reading further back about the kids going into hospital, are they ok now? I didnt get the whole story (just flicking through) I hope it wasn't anything too major - but in saying that, they were in hospital so it must have been bad.... Love the new ticker photo, that's soooo cute!

tiggy Guest

Ta Bel,

It's a long story but we landed ourselves in kids ward (PICU) on oxygen with Bronchiolitis, apnoeas etc, scary stuff, especially young Noah, who decided he was going to crash and burn on the third night. He desaturated so badly, they started setting up to intubate and then at the last minute came good and increased his sats up to 90%. I was petrified. After that though, he started to make a good recovery. Little miss Ivy just plodded along on her O2 for a week, slowly getting better each day. He's so melodramatic, my son. David told the nurses, when they where putting the tape on Noah's face to attach the nasal prongs and he was protesting bitterly, that he was actually telling them to be careful because his face was his ticket to fame and fortune!
    LOL, Do you think Noah Tregenza is a good name for an actor????

We were there for a week and then brought them home, where they have gone downhill again. They now have some nasty form of gastro. I was tossing up whether to take them to the hospital today but this afternoon, they have picked up a little, so I will just keep vigil overnight and see how we go.
    They're both asleep at the moment and I have had my first Idol fix for 2006.

HEy guys, Anneliese is doing great, she got way worse because she actaully had mild pneumonia too, but apparently thats meant to help rid them of bronchiolitis. BUt she's stop having apnoea episodes, and oxygen's been reduced to 1L. The full story is in the thread in prems... sorry, im so tired i just cant write it again. BTW A BIG THANKS TO JESS who called me every day just to encourage me, and post updates for everyone. And thanks for all the prayers and well wishes

Sorry no personals, im just too far behind...

ps we found out that wherever Anneliese has been (ICU, 3W, 5W) the nurses have been ducking in the see her at the end of their shifts, they're in love with her ...

Just sticking my head in to say that I hope all of the sick bubba's get better real soon.

Tiff, I didn't realise how sick Noah was, poor little man. Just like a male hey, a girl gets the same and she soilders on but males just have to go that one extra step hey Gastro seems to be doing the rounds something shocking atm, I hope your gorgeous bubs get better soon.

Simone, great to hear that Anneliese is looking up. Poor littl ething has had such a rough start already. She's a tough one isn't she

{{{Hugs}}} to all.

tiggy Guest

Thanks Trish. Yeah, we kept a low profile but they weren't good.
    I agree whol;e heartedly re the male thing too!

NP Tiff, so sorry to hear that they were so sick. It's so scary when babies are sick, it can all go pear shaped so damn fast.

Simone- Oh so happy to hear Anneleise is seeing the better side of her sickness now. I bet the nurses are in lover with her, it would make them happy to see her getting so much better so quickly too.
    Tiff- Ivy & Noah like to scare their mummy don't they.. were you therte when Noah desaturated and they were going to interbate?? That would have been the worst moment for you. Now they have gastro..... geez poor little bubs don't know whats going onto them, you won't know them when they are back to their usual happy selvs!

Tiff - Kyla, DH and I also had gastro all within about 24hrs of each other. Not nice.
    Hope they are okay. What signs were they having that indicated broncholitis if you dont mind me asking?

Simone - Glad to hear that Anneliese is now not having the apnoea's. Hopefully she is now on the mend.

SHe's doing ok, rang before and they said she's doing great, but warned me that things can change... dont i know that - sat night, she was doing great, so i left just to come home, have dinner get changed and go back, and i walked in the door and within the half hour that i had left she had had 5 apnoea episodes and was going to ICU to be put on CPAP. its scary how fast things can change...

Poor little mite - hope that things are now on the up for her Simone and that you have no more scares.
    She's getting big Simone - and so cute!! Her cheeks look soooo kissable!

So good to hear that Anneliese is doing a bit better - will keep her in my thoughts. She looks adorable in that new pic.
    Tiff - Ivy and Noah are absolutely gorgeous in their new pic too. Glad Noah is picking up as well. U poor thing - must have been so scary with him.
    Carrie - sorry that u guys were so crook on ur holiday too
    Nic - hope u've had a fab birthday
    And a big hello to Divvy, Trish and Bel...and anyone else i've forgotten

Ella's doing great - she turns 1 in a couple of weeks....my poor bubby is growing up so quickly!!!! She finally got her 2nd tooth this week...all the other kids around us at her age have about 8! She's also very close to walking. Gonna start TTC #2 this month - very scary as there's always that worry in the back of DH's and my head that we could have a close call with the next baby too - but i guess we won't know unil we cross that bridge. Fingers crossed we'll have a smooth sailing preg, birth and after
    Well have a great afternoon everyone!!!

tiggy Guest

Hi Carrie,
    It started with a runny nose and a cough, just generally run down, a low grade temp...it was just after gastro.Their breathing got faster and they had heaps of mucous, blocking them up.It goes from clear and runny to thick and green (sorry if tmi)
    The cough sounded really raspy and within a couple of days they had a wheeze, went off their feeds and became lethargic.

Sorry to hear that you have all been sick with gastro.I am starting to hate this winter.
    We went to the hospital today for a check up and they have both lost weight. Noah,
    700g and Ivy, a kilo but they are in much better spirits this afternoon and I am too.

hey rae, dont stress about the teeth, Declan only has 4, and he's nearly 17 months old!!

Thanks for that Tiff. I don't blame you for hating winter! Just think - next winter they'll be so much bigger and hopefully this will all be just a far off memory. It must be a really stressful time for you but I'm so glad that you are all feeling a little better.

Kyla has also been really funny with her feeds after the gastro - when she was sick she would push the bottle away and scream. Now she's continued pushing the bottle away - then is waking up during the night wanting to be fed.
    Any suggestions anyone?

Rae - Wow at Ella nearly walking!! Kyla also just has 2 teeth - and is not yet crawling, so I think that nearly walking is fantastic!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast