Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #3

Default Premmie Mums #3

Feel free to keep on chatting & the last thread can be found HERE

Love

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Bec- hope it doesn't happen again for you 3rd time round .

I sent you a PM.

I wanted to ask you all about reflux ... Joel has it and while it isn't a lot it (but every feed) it bothers him with it - crying/squirming aorund a lot in his sleep or waking him and he is generally unsettled.Also has a sour milk breath.IYKWIM.The Paed is away till after 9th August

When were your babes diagnosed and who precribed meds ? what meds ?. We already raise mattress and try to keep him still after a feed.Sometimes he vomits 1hr or more after a feed.

Ronan is on Zantac for reflux and it works wonders for him otherwise he's very unsettled, cries or squirms alot after or even hrs after a feed so you can tell he's in a little pain, but he also has 1/2 thickner in his bottles with S-26 Gold and barely every vomits after a feed..

He's been on those mixtures since being home and we switched formula's and all he did was vomit even hrs later.. When he has breastmilk he doesn't seem to throw as much but again the Zantac is fantastic as he is never unsettled..

Let us know what happens..

Ella was diagnosed with reflux by pead - but early childhood nurse had pretty much told me so before i was able to see pead. I was told to use Karicare food thickner, then we were put on zantac. Try not to let them be flat on their back - even when changing nappy or at playtime. This worked a little but dd was still quite distressed by it. EC nurse suggested a local Osteopath that had worked wonders for other bubs. So we saw him. After about 3 sessions there was a HUGE difference and after 6-8 her reflux had completely gone! I'd never even heard of an osteopath helping reflux but i now would highly recommend them. It wasn't very expensive, very gentle (most of the time ella was asleep...just like a gentle massage) and didn't take very long.
    Good luck with what u try - hope it gets sorted for ur little one

thanks I will ask ECN tomorrow and ask Chiros' DH goes too - they have a new baby too. Is the Zantac in a suspension ? or the tablets you dissolve like for adults?

went and had Nixon weighed again today and boy has he put his foot down on growing!
    weight: 4860g up 610g in 2 weeks
    length: 59cm up 2.5cm in 2 weeks
    head: 38.5cm up 1cm in 2 weeks

we have now finished all newborn nappies and into infant and over the last few days wearing the last of his 0000 stuff. offically today i have put away all 0000 (besides one jumpsuit thats longer) and he's a 000 boy now! hehehe seems like such a milestone to me!
    He is going to be tall i think his length keeps going higher and higher on the graph, his arms i think are long too the smaller outfits with sleeves always look like 3/4 length

Trish- Nixon is on Zantec too its a liquid. i need to get him back to dr for check up & increase his dosage. But he def doesn't spew like he was and not in much pain most times he does spew. ive also just started taking him to a osteopath.

Racs- what sort of thickner do u use? where u get it from? wouldnt mind trying and c if it helps

Nic boy Nixon is really putting on the weight isn't he. Patrick weighs 3.480g now up 140g since last Monday!
    I think these two should get together and Nixon can show Pat how to stack the weight on!

hehe finally he is becoming a big boy! It did take him a while though, for some time he was only putting on small amounts! is Pat in 0000 now?

Trish...hope you can get Joel's reflux sorted out. I/we haven't had any experience with it to offer you any further advice, but it sounds like the girls have given you some great suggestions.

Nic...those are great results for Nixon. Sounds like you and he are both doing a great job! I think moving into the 000's is a milestone too. I remember packing away all of Josh's little 0000's. It was great that he was growing but made me a little sad at the same time. He's up to 0's now and has just changed nappy sizes too. I think he is going to be tall too. When we mark his length for his corrected age on the growth charts he is almost off the top of the graph altogether! People are constantly commenting on his height!

Nope still in 00000, he doesn't seem to be growing much! He's 55cm now so he has grown but he's still a little doll!

Nic - that is great on Nixon's weight gain - amazing.

I was wondering how long they take to grow out of 0000 - Joel was 2.164 born - and SIL was asking me today would he be in 00 by Christmas ?

I have compared some 000 clothes and Pumpkin Patch were sooo looong compared to other brands (10cms longer).

Trish, I've found that different brands vary a lot size-wise too. For example, with Josh I have always found Bonds stuff has been smaller than average and Pumpkin Patch has generally been bigger than average.

yep bonds sizes are a fair bit smaller i have found.
    pumkin patch Nixon still has 0000 pants, its just the jumpsuits with feet in them he grew out of.
    its so hard to say this early on for your boys if they will be in 00 or not by xmas. I am thinking Nixon will be coming into 00 around xmas time. He was 2.29 born in april

Jess- oh well Patrick would be getting good wear out of all the 00000 stuff!

Nic- He sure is getting good use out of the 00000 outfits. They fit him so well! Considering Nixon was smaller than Pat when born, he has really kicked on hasn't he!

WoW Nic that is AWESOME results for Nixon..

Ronan is going great! He saw his Paed on Thursday and he doesn't need to go back for 2 months! He couldn't believe how amazing Ronan is going weight gain, breathing, developing etc.. He said he was astonished at the results because when he read the hospitals referral he thought he was going to have a chronic lung baby who isn't thriving very well etc..

Ronan's head circ is now 38.5cms and he has put on 734 grams within 3.5 weeks of being home so he weighed 4960 grams as of last Thursday so i can't wait to get him weighed again.. His last weigh in last Thursday saw him put on 280 grams in 6 days.. OooOo btw he's been in 000's for the past 2 weeks! Thankgod he had dozens of clothes as he was only in 0000's for 2 weeks of being home..

WoW everyones bubbas were born so much bigger than Ronan (he was 1.1kgs).. hehehe

PS: Just wondering if anyone else used the "halo" ring for their babies heads? We used it for about 10 weeks with Ronan and he has a beautiful head shape for a premmie, lovely and round..

What a clever boy Ronan is and equally clever Mum !

what is halo ring ?

That is fab news about Ronan

yeah i havent heard of the halo ring? what is it?
    great weight gaining Ronan he would have past the 5kg by now whoo hoo! Thats awesome his breathing & Lungs are better then what Paed was expecting! We go back to the Paed in 2 weeks time.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast