Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #2

kirsty Guest

Default Premmie Mums #2

Hi guys, you've clocked up enough chatting in here to warrant another thread being opened, so here it is. Feel free to keep on chatting & the last thread can be found here

tiggy Guest

Thanks Kirsty!!!!
    Yay for us!
    How are you, hun?

Hi all,
    thanks for that Jess and Bel.
    Bel - I did have a look and I've sone a little internet research but I think I'll have a chat to my pead about my concerns also.

Kyla's still off her solids, Bel, she doesn't actually have any comfort foods that she likes!! I did give the custard a go...but she didn't want that either. I did notice that her second tooth is cutting atm so maybe that's the problem!!

Hey Tiff - how are your beautiful munchkins going!!!

YAY on our needing a new thread!!! hehehehe

belmarks Guest

Carrie, yeah, I know, when Coby was teething he goes off his food too, its hard, because they are so small, you want them to get enough food and when they don't eat you worry that they are going to go downhill or something. What about yoghurt or something similar - you know lots of soft stuff....

About the immunisations, I just spoken with my GP and he calmed my concerns...

Hey Tiff, how are you honey? How's the kids?

Coby's going well, he's off his food a little bit too ATM but not really anything to worry about, just teeth coming. We have his aunty kim and uncle chris here atm and they are keeping him very amused, its great, I get a break!

tiggy Guest

Hey girls,
    THanks for asking.
    I'm not having a great day today.
    Ivy and Noah are really unsettled and screaming down the house.
    They've pretty much made a full recovery from the gastro.
    Ivy's bottom is looking better but her reflux is awful. Last Friday, she did this huge hurl and it had blood through it. Scared the living daylights out of me.
    We're going to see the paed in the school holidays for the reflux for Ivy and because Noah has exzema and a wheeze (typical Tregenza child).
    We also have some assessment with the Early intervention centre up here coming up in the middle of July. I hate those things. They're going to tell us that they are developmentally behind and I am going to get the guilts and feel bad because they are struggling with their milestones. *SIGH* Like I said, not a good day, sorry for the whinge.

How are your little cherubs???

kirsty Guest

Tiff I am doing okay thanx for asking, sorry I'm not here much supporting you girls atm but I am reading & keeping up with you all.

Oh Tiff don't you dare think you are in any way to blame if your possums are a bit behind, you are doing a great job & I'm sure you know in your head that they will catch up all in good time.

belmarks Guest

hey Tiff, chin up honey, I know its hard, constantly worrying because your little ones are a bit behind, but like Kirsty said, they'll catch up. I had that same worry with Coby and still do, I still think he's behind what the other kids his age are doing, but you just have to remember that they were born way before they should've been and therefore they will be delayed for that amount of time.

They are doing well otherwise, eating, sleeping, interacting with you, so please don't question yourself.

Don't forget, if you need a break or want to get out of the house, please let me know....

Hey Tiff,
    Gosh that must have been a bit frightening with Ivy's reflux - I hope the pead will help!
    Ivy and Noah both look so good Tiff - they're both growing and getting bigger so don't feel bad. And didn't you say that Noah was rolling? Kyla still doesn't really roll so Noah MUST be doing ok!
    We'll see the pead and the research people in July so will find out if there are any issues re: delays then.

hey girls, Pat was weighed today and he hasn't put any weight on, so here come the comp feeds! I feel so bad about giving up though!

Hi Jess - Hope you're doing well. When you say comp feeds do you mean that they will be giving some formula feeds? You'll still be doing BF though wont you?
    When they were trying to put weight on Kyla they added calories to the breast milk - can they do this?

Hi Girls, how is everyone doing?

Kirsty...thanks for the new thread! Hope all is ok with you...your appointment must be coming up soon?

Carrie...how's Kyla going...any progress with the solids? Joshua initially went through a phase where he had little interest in his solids too - moreso vegies. He has always loved fruit and yoghurt though, so we just focused on those and gradually introduced more foods like vegies & Weet-Bix. He also loves nibbling on cheese, vegemite on toast, kiwi fruit, chunks of apple, banana. I know it makes it hard if Kyla doesn't have any favourites to start with though...hopefully she will pick up after the tooth pops through.

Tiff...how are Ivy & Noah doing? Please don't feel guilty about their milestones - you haven't done anything wrong...and they will get there! What makes you think they will say they are behind? I don't know if it's any consolation, but although Josh was behind with a lot of his milestones, once he hit the 9 month mark things really came together for him. He just needed that bit of extra time. Your bubs will probably get to a point where things will just click into place for them too. I think you said Noah is practically sitting already? Josh didn't do that until 9 months. And he is rolling as well...it sounds like he is doing good things. How is Ivy going with it all?

Bel...how is Coby going? Any new teeth yet? How are his feeds going?

Jess...don't feel bad - you are doing a great job and are doing what is right for Pat! He will be putting on weight in no time.

Things are fine here. Josh is a pro at sitting up now and is crawling everywhere - still commando style. We saw my Mum the other day and she said it's exactly the same way that I used to crawl! He is constantly getting up on his hands and knees and rocking though and it seems that he really wants to take off...I don't think it will be long. I'm not sure if I've already mentioned that he has two teeth now? On a slightly sad note for me, my maternity leave has run out and I have to go back to work this week. Friday is my first shift back. Only part time though, which isn't so bad. I'll miss him though!

kirsty Guest

Becc my appointment is on Monday afternoon so we'll get some idea as to what we can do in the future then.

tiggy Guest

Hey Bec!
    So good to hear from you! Glad to hear that our little Josh is doing so well. I love hearing about his and all the other babies' progress in this thread. It gives me hope.
    Sorry that you have to go back to work, what do you do?
    I'll have to go back soon ish too but I am hoping for night duty. It'll only be two nights a week, which I think I can handle.

Yep, Noah is definately doing all the right things. He sat on his own for 20 seconds the other night! Everyone was so excited. Noah just looked really surprised! I took some photos, I'll have to upload them!
    Little Ivy on the other hand just seems to want to lie on her back and look at the world.
    She flaps her arms and legs alot and is extremely cute. Having lots of reflux issues and scary ones at that. Sometimes blood in the vomit. Yesterday, she vomited alot and was refusing her feeds. We're off to the pead though so that will help. I'm pretty sure it's just irritation.

The ECHN is on her way out now, so have to go and clear the table of my mornings worth of clothes folding!!

When i get a chance to read about how you are all going i certainly will, for now please forgive me for no personals..

Just an update on Ronan - He is up to day 97 and is almost home.. We started demand feeding today and he breast feed for the 3 i was there for.. He is awaiting his Hernia operation before he can come home but he is doing fantastic.. They took out his nasal tube for feeding today so he is only allowed bottles or breast and his breast feeds REALLY well.. He now weighs 4123 grams (9 pound) and is 41 weeks this week.. He has been totally off oxygen for the past 2 weeks and hasn't really desated once, so he does not need to come home on any oxygen.. His hearing and eye tests have been performed and he passed them with flying colours..

I have to say whilst this 14 week wait is soooooo worth it but i think i need a holiday before he comes home (not that i can have one)

Hey Tiff

It sounds like Noah is going great! Clever boy sitting up on his own - you will definitely have to upload the pics. Ivy sounds like a little lady of leisure! I've said it before, but she has such a pretty little face. (I just had a look at their pics). The reflux must be terrible for her - and scary for you too. I hope the paed has some answers for you. So you're back to work soonish too, hey? I'm trying to gear myself up for tomorrow...it's been too long...I haven't been at work since the week Josh was born! I'm a police officer...I'll be doing 2 x 12 hour shifts per week...one day and one night.

Woohoo for Ronan too! What a little champion. It will be so lovely to have him home, hope it's soon!

Kirsty, I hope your appointment goes well on Monday. How are you feeling about it? I hope you get some answers and a workable plan for the future. Will be thinking of you...

hey ladies... i have just had a premmie (30w) she's 2 weeks old now. i've just posted my birth story, what a marthon that was... she's doing well, got a bit upset as she's only put on 38g in 3 days, but the nurse reassured me you dont have to worry until they have a week of small weight gains. She's taken to the breast when its offered to her, and she's on 25mls of ebm every 2 hours, but thats going up to 3 hourly this arvo... still in a isolette, but oly due to there being no kammed beds available, and she's not holding her own temp well enough to go into an open cot...

belmarks Guest

Hi Simone, welcome to our little gathering. Hope Anneliese makes a quick and strong start out of the NICU and is home with you soon. She already sounds like a little fighter.

If there's anything you need to know, please ask, Im sure that one of us will be able to help at least a little bit anyway.

Love to you and your family xxoo

Hi all,
    Bec- Sounds like Josh is doing fantastically!! Waaa at having to go back to work I hope your first day back was okay.
    Tiff- Yay Noah! What a smartie pants. I hope that the pead helped with Ivy today, poor little munchkin. Gosh, I don't know how you do it all Tiff... 7 kids and work also...I think you deserve the mother of the year award!
    Rac - It's so great to hear from you!! I'm so glad things are going to well for Ronan now and that the loooooong hospital stay is almost at an end. Wow at his weight! That's great.
    Simone- Welcome!! I had a read of your birth story - all a bit scarey for you! It's great to hear how well Anneliese is doing though.

We had Kyla's MCHN visit today - shes now up to 7.5kg, still in the 10th percentile for height and weight and 75th for head circ.
    The MCHN said that Kyla should be having 3 meals by now and lumpy food - so is referring us to a speechie. She's also a little developmentally delayed in terms of gross motor skills (rolling and commando crawling), but we're seeing the physio next week from the prem study.
    I'm not overly worried though as Kyla seems to love chatting and looking around more than the physical side and she's doing well with these things. I should get a better idea of how she's going when we see the prem people next week.
    Tried Kyla with some yoghurt today which she actually ate, which is good!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast