Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #3

tiggy Guest

Hi Nic,
    Glad to hear that Nixon is doing well, shame about the reflux. It's so frustrating, isn't it? Glad that you are feeling better too, thank goodness the gastro passed me by this time.

Noah and Ivy are getting better with each day. Noah is sleeping mostly through the night again (YAY) Ivy is still out of sorts. We went to the paed today and it was useless. I told her about everything that was going on, how when they were sick I couldn't get onto her or into see her or anything. She just wasn't interested. I talked about Ivy's vomiting and the blood and the different medications etc that we've tried and that now they think it's lactose intolerence and how it's just getting worse and worse and do you know what she suggested? Taking her OFF the losec!?!?!?!?! GRRRRRR. SO after much discussion with David (DH) I have decided to go with Bel's suggestion of paed (thanks Bel) and we have an appointment with him on the 30th. Boy I hope he listens.

On the upside, Noah has two teeth, he can roll all around the room, can sit for ten minutes on his own and is really proud of himself!
    Ivy rolled from her back to her tummy for the first time yesterday and can sit for five minutes on her own...oh and she lifts her arms for me when I come to pick her up, it's so cute.
    We atarted going to a baby group for babies who are delayed in their milestones. It was great and Ivy and Noah loved it.

Hope everyone is good. Bec, where are you?? I miss you girl!

tiff- congratulations on Ivy rolling!! thats great!! And Noah is pretty clever to sit up for so long!
    how did u get onto that play group? i guess a lot of them would be prems? it sounds good, like ur not the odd ones out when all the other babies are doing stuff that your's are not.
    I cant beleive that paed not even listening to you, as nice as my guy is he doesn't really spend much time with Nixon. last time i felt very rushed out and this time i was still telling him things when he was opening the door for me to leave.... hey it cost $95 for that short visit (will prib get $50 or so back from medicare) they could atleast give us the time of day to discuss these issues.
    i hope this other one is better for Ivy & Noah and listens to you.

Tiff - hope this new pead is alot more helpful! Congrats on ur clever twins with the sitting and rolling

Hi Nic - how's little Nixon going?

tiggy Guest

Thanks Nic and Rae. Yeah, It IS cause for celebration!

Hi there-
    Nic - What a fantastic weight gain for Nixon! LOL about his little butt - bub butts are always so cute anyway .
    The pead also suggested I start Kyla on solids early (4months corrected) due to her poo issues. I tried...but alas Kyla chose to start them when she was good and ready!! Hope upping the Losec helps!
    Tiff- YAY on Ivy and Noak rolling and sitting!! It's so exciting! The pead sounds like a real pain - I hope that the new one will be helpful and listen to you and hopefully help little Ivy. I'm glad to hear that they both enjoyed the play group.
    There is one near me in Ringwood that I was thinking about going to...maybe I should give it a try. Although Kyla is supposed to be behind in her gross motor skills, there are other baby's her age in MG who are at the exact same place as she is with motor skills. They are, however, all eating finger food now and chunky food - whereas today I gave kyla pureed pumpkin which had a tiny pumpkin stringy in it and she gagged and made herself throw up. I think I need to see someone about her over active gagging.

Carrie, sorry for butting in. But, when I was at Tresillian there was a little boy in there that would gag severley on any food his mother fed him with a spoon. She would have to break the food up into tiny little pieces and feed it to him with her fingers. Even then she wasn't guarenteed a gag free meal. He would gag so hard that he would throw up alot of the time. This happened with any food, even soft stuff like bananas.

There was no solution for her there though, sorry to say. The mum ended up leaving after a few days because they weren't doing anything for her that she wasn't doing at home.

Goodluck sweety, and I hopw you find a solution to Kyla's gagging or she grows out of it really soon.

Hey Trish,
    Thanks - I hope she does too! She is okay with food as long as there are NO lumps or it's not too tangy - very fussy!

Beebee Guest

I just wanted to pop in & say "Hi" to everyone as this is my first post. Carrie, has Kyla tried Cruskits at all? My bub (ex 28 weeker) has done exactly the same thing - she used to gag on anything but absolute puree, often making herself ill. Sooo frustrating. I tried the Tommee Tippee mesh feeding purse with mixed results, but good old Cruskits really helped! I think it's because they crumble down to nothing so it's easy for them to swallow, but still exercising the chewing muscles. It took a few weeks of practice & now she is transitioning to combination finger food/puree & totally bypassing lumps & mashed foods. She is 11 months corrected now (14 months real time). Just a thought in case it might help you.

Hi there Beebee, and welcome to premmie mums!! Phew - it's nice to meet someone with the same problem!
    I'm a bit scared to try something like crusket yet as she doesn't actually chew yet - just pokes her tongue in and out to get it down. Kyla is 9 months corrected. What age did you try the cruskets? Was she already chewing?

tiggy Guest

Hi Beebee, Welcome to Premmie Mums!

OMG, Carrie only 4 days to go until Kyla is one!!!!!! Where has that time gone? It only seems like the other day I was reading your announcement in the birth announcements!

Beebee Guest

Thank you for the welcome Premmie mums!

Carrie, I tried Chiara on Cruskits at 9 1/2 months (corrected) & she learned to bite and chew with them. Initially she only sucked on the corners until it turned to mush - but she swallowed it and continues to enjoy them. We were considering sending her to see a Speech Pathologist for swallowing assessment because we were so concerned. The MCN had said just give her lumpy foods & when she is hungry enough she will eat! The thought of our poor, skinny little baby hungry & not being able to swallow just didn't sit well with us. We saw the Paed shortly afterwards & she recommended a high calorie diet (gotta love that!)& purees until she is ready to move on. So that's where Chiara is at - lots of Cruskits, introducing finger foods & still on purees. Carrie, I believe Kyla will let you know when she is ready for anything extra. Maybe her tummy isn't up to digesting more advanced food yet? Hang in there.

Tiff, congratulations on the twins' milestones! It's ever sooo sweet, especially after their bumpy start.

Hey Tiff! I'm here, I'm here! I've been MIA for a little while due to having a sick little boy (gastro! ) and then being away for a few days up your way. (Well, sort of - we were in Newcastle). But, Josh is better now, thank goodness and I'm back on board. My little fella is doing great. He has been on a feeding frenzy (for the first time in his life) since his recovery from the gastro and is doing lots of great stuff - standing and walking along the lounges etc. He turns one next weekend!

It sounds like Ivy & Noah are certainly coming into their own. Teeth, sitting, rolling. WTG bubbas! I really hope the new paed works out for you too.

Nic...Josh didn't have a bottom for ages either! When we took him to the paed for his 6 week check up, the paed told him he needed to grow one! But, I am very proud to say that he has a very nice little bottom now!

A big hello to everyone else too. I will try to pop back in soon for more personals.

And welcome to BellyBelly & Premmie Mums, Beebee!

tiggy Guest

Happy First Birthday Kyla!!!!!

Hope you had a wonderful day!
    Happy birthing day Carrie hope your day was full of special memories.

tiggy Guest

Bec,
    Sorry to hear that little Josh has been sick (bloody gastro)!
    I can't believe that he is going to be one soon!!!!!!!!!
    You are very norty for not coming to visit ME! Hope you had a nice break!
    If you are ever in the neighbourhood again, would love to meet you!

Nic,
    We found out about the group when we went for the assessment. It's just through our local early intervention centre.
    It IS a great little group, it has some premmies and some babies with developmental delays. There are NO expectations and everyone cheers everyone's baby on - there is NO competition. I love it - went there today.

Ivy cut her first tooth yesterday and then didn't sleep for the WHOLE night. Noah is exhausted! Hehe, poor boy was kept up by her majesty (if she couldn't sleep then HE wasn't allowed to either ) She is asleep at the moment and he is grumbling on the mat.
    Not much else to report, hope everyone is doing well.

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY KYLA!!

Hope you are all having a lovely day, Carrie!

Tiff, I would love to meet you too! We are actually up in Newcastle a bit as my dad lives there. (And it is a good half-way point for meeting up with my mum too as she lives up Port Macquarie way). I actually lived there for a couple of years too before I moved to Sydney. I lived in Newcastle for a while & Nelson Bay for a while. So anyway, my point is yep, we will have to arrange to meet up one time when we are up there!

The group you are going to sounds great. I love the fact that everyone is encouraging and there is no competition. Yay for Ivy's first tooth! The no sleeping, not so good! Poor Noah! I can just imagine him doing this......at Ivy and her antics!

Well, had better run, I'm working tonight and have to cook some dinner before I go...

Hi to all!

Happy First Birthday Kyla!

Tiff - Poor little Ivy getting a tooth! Poor Noah being Mr Grumble Bum.. I have to say i am not looking forward to the teething time.. Has Noah got any teeth himself yet?

Bec - I hope everything is well with you and your beautiful family?

Well Ronan is still sleeping 8/10hrs at night so nothing has changed there but his weigh day is on Thursday (two weekly appts now instead of weekly) so im really hoping he's put on the grams, i always stress about his weight even though he's now formula fed..

I am starting a mother group on Thursday as well, it's a preemie mothers group for mums around the Knox council so i am really looking forward to that, only i am a little nervous..

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLA

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast