Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Premmie Mums #3

hi,

we had a appoint with MCHN today.
    Weight 6020grams (up 720g in 3 weeks!)
    length 62cm (up 3cm in 3 weeks)
    HC: 40.7cm (up 2cm in 3 weeks)

happy with that. but Nixon has been a little grumpy the last few days, he is really attached to his dummy and wants to suck it all the time. also still persisting with bf but having some probs there to. I've just bought some infacol cause i think he might have some wind pains, but also not sure if his teeth are starting to hurt him? he just wants to suck all day long.
    Going to get his 4 month needles tomorrow so he wont be happy about that!

How many teeth does Noah now have Tiff?
    Simone- hope ur having fun in Perth! i bet your family are just adoring Anneliese!!
    So how are u feeling Bec?

Hi To Carrie,Divvy Trish & Trish!, Rae, Racs and everyone else.

tiggy Guest

Thanks Simone, yeah, they're growing up, only two and a half months until they are one!
    Nic, yay, good news about Nixon's measurements, I bet you are one proud Mummy!
    Noah has four teeth now! Two on the top and two on the bottom!!!! Just enough to bite me with.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Tiff - Great news on Miss Ivy sleeping and being happier.She is one gorgeous baby girl and has the loviest smile .Yay on the reduction in vomiting.

Glad Noah is on the mend too, such a happy fellow with twinkliest smile.2.5months is a long time till the turn one - they are still cherubic bubbas and will always be your babies.Hope he keep those teeth to himself.

Nixon - you are a champion - well done Nic on those gains.We had our 2month needles Thursday and they were fine later.

Hi Simone - hope Anneliese stays well - her weight is great.

Bec- hope you are feeling well when is your 1st scan.

hello to Carrie,Rac,Divvy,Rae,Beebee,Kirsty and Trish

tiggy Guest

Trish, love your ticker pic!!!!

Hey girls

First of all, thanks everyone for your congrats! Much appreciated!

How is everyone doing?

Tiff...how has Noah been doing since his episode? I hope he is doing much better now. And a big woohoo for Miss Ivy becoming more settled and happy on the new formula. What a relief! And sleeping through some nights? I'm so jealous! Love the new ticker pic.

Nic...how did Nixon go with his needles? How are you going with the BF?

Carrie...how is Kyla doing? All recovered from the gastro?

Trish...love your ticker pic of the boys too! My first scan is next week - 20 September.

Simone...how is Anneliese doing?

Josh is doing well. He had his 12 month needles last week. He went pretty well with them...he howled at the time (more because he was being held still than because he was getting jabbed!) but was fine again as soon as it was over. He got a bit of a rash on his tummy a couple of days later, but it seems to have cleared now. We've slowly started weaning him from formula to cow's milk and he seems to be liking it now - after turning his nose up at it the first time he tasted it!

Thanks to all who have asked after me too. I'm going well. Starting to get a few occasional waves of nausea, but nothing too serious. Hope it stays that way!

Hi to everyone else also. Will catch up again soon...

Hi there everyone -
    Tiff - great news that Ivy is doing a bit better and that her sleeping has improved...it's amazing what a good sleep can do!! I hope that Noah is feeling better soon.
    Nic - Hope you and Nixon went ok with the needles.
    Bec- Glad to hear that Josh went ok with his 12 month needles. We had Kyla's today - I hate immunisations!!!!
    She was actually very good - has been a bit sleepy today, but not too bad at all (hopefully it lasts overnight!)

Thanks everyone for asking after us! Kyla has been heaps better and is doing well. She's getting her top two teeth through atm and had her 12 month immunisations today so I hope it doesn't effect her too much.
    Otherwise - we have just been enjoying the beautiful weather over the last few days!

Hi everyone else - hope you're all good!

I'm glad to hear that Kyla is doing better, Carrie. I hope her teeth don't give her too much trouble as they come through. She'll love having the extra teeth to chew on everything! Makes eating a lot easier for them!

Bec- good to hear all is well with you. & glad Josh was ok for his needles
    Carrie- glad Kyla went ok with hers too, gosh must have been the week for immunisations! yes and hasn't the weather been marvelous!
    Racs- when do u have to take Ronan for his 6month ones?

Nixon went good with his needles. well he cried as most would but then he slept for 2hours straight afterwards!

Feeding is still a problem though, I just cant point it at one particular thing so i don't know whats happening.
    Firstly i thought it may be wind so gave him wind drops, cant say its made much difference
    Next thought it could be the nipple sheilds i use to help attachment, it seems to be sometimes he is ok with them then others will not have a bar of it. so thats causing some greif because i have a hard time feeding without them.
    Next thought maybe he is used to the bottle and getting it quicker. still might be but he is still getting a bottle before bed with the pentavite and Ferro in it.
    Then on Saturday (Would u beleive the annaversary of when Nixon was conceived!) i got my periods for the first time.
    so now i dont know if its because of this? My supply doesnt seem all to good at the moment so i am going to buy fenugreek & see if that helps.
    One thing its becoming more and more regular with these episodes so dont know how long i will persist for, i may even call the aba hotline but i dont know what else they could suggest that i havent tried.
    i really dont wanna give up but dont know how long i can persist with it either.

tiggy Guest

Oh Nic
    Hugs.
    It sounds as though you are doing everything you can.
    When AF came to visit me for the first time, Ivy wouldn't have a bar of me for two days!!! I was devastated.
    I hope you find a solution. It's so hard sometimes, isn't it?

Oh my goodness, sorry for just butting in here girls I haven't posted for aaages.

I just found out that i'm having a c-section tomorrow, (34+0) due to PE, swelling, and other health problems etc... I can't believe it!

Glad everyone seems to be doing OK in here!!! Sorry for the short post, I have to go and pack!!

Lots of love xx

Wow Gwen! All the very best to you! I will be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing your news. I hope your bub is doing well and is born strong and healthy. And I hope you recover well from the PE too. Good luck!

Nic, how are you doing? Any improvement with the BFing? As Tiff said, it sounds like you are doing everything that you can. Well done for hanging in there as long as you have!

Wishing you lots of luck WelshGirl. I hope all goes well for you and your little bub. Please lets us know how both you and bub go. I will be thinking of you.

All the best for tomorrow Welshgirl! I hope you & your baby are healthy and have a speedy recovery, will be thinking of you....Keep us updated when you get a chance to.
    YOUR GONNA HAVE A BUBBA TOMORROW!!

tiggy Guest

Wow Welshgirl!!
    GL with it all, hope you have a better time of it this time. Hugs to you.
    Can't wait to hear all about it.

Hi Bec!!!
    How are you feeling?

Hey Tiff!

I'm feeling good thanks. I'm starting to get some nausea on and off but nothing too severe, thankfully! I know there's plenty of time for it to get worse yet, but I'm hoping my luck will last...

How is everything with you?

Bec- thanks for asking, Nixon has been quiet ok feeding today, AF has finished so maybe it had something to do with it? Partially anyway, feeding has been good on and off for about 4 weeks.
    Anyway trying to stick it out till we go to syd and come back so another 2-3weeks.
    I started taking fenugreek yesterday too so hopefully that increases and makes a difference

Glad to hear you've had a good day, Nic. Hopefully the Fenugreek makes a difference to your supply. Good luck with making it through the next 2-3 weeks - I hope you can reach your goal.

kirsty Guest

Hiya lovely ladies, time to lock this thread now & you can keep on chatting over here

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678