Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #4

Sorry I haven't been around ladies but with no broadband is has been extremely hard to get on.
    Pat is now 4 months old and weighs 5.28 kg. He is getting so big. A lot more to write but very hard to write where I am atm. Kisses to all and Simone has my number if anyone wants to say Hi!

Jess great to see you!!!!! Did you get my sms the other week??

I hope everything at home is good and Woohooooo to Pat!!!!!!!!

Hey guys... My lil miss is 4 months old today!! She is almost 2 months corrected. she is sleeping in her cot now, and she's beginning to move around in the cot about now, i put her in one way, and she will turn around 90 degrees... she's still only just starting to get control of her head, do i know sitting and everything will be a while off... But another milestone - she's out of 0000's!! all bonds suits and everything are 000's now. She could prolly still fit in the 0000's, but its just more comfy for her in the 000's. She's growing up so quickly...

I know the feeling Simone... The transission to on less 0 is awesome, Alexa is 7 months now (5 1/2 corrected) & is in 000, and some 00, I can hardly believe that she was soo tiny not so long ago.....

where has the time & my tiny baby gone.....

Hi Everyone,
    been pretty quiet in here. How is everyone? Carrie havent seen you around for ages hope U & Kyla are well
    Beccy- is your bub still stayin put?
    I wonder how Welshgirl went dont think she posted since she was going in.

Nixon is good, seing MCHN tomorrow, he hasnt been weighed for 5 weeks so i think he has stacked it on.(im guessing he will be about 7kg now!) He is in between 000 & 00 now to!! Paed next week also. Nothing to concerning but Nixon doesn't seem very flexable? Most babies have their feet up around their ears and can flop their legs out froggy, Nixon is so tight his legs just dont go that far! so going to ask if there is any excersices we can do to help his flexability.

Hey do u rekon it would be a good idea (seeings this thread has been going for a while) we have our bubs stats on front page like the belly buddies/baby buddies group? sometimes i feel bad that i forget someone's who's been chatting in here & try and flip through the pages to jog my memory!

tiggy Guest

Nic,
    I think that sounds like a great idea and have to say I think that ticker pick of Nixon is too cute! OMG he is a gorgeous one!

Hey Mitch, Anneliese was 1680g at birth, she was a 30 weeker... (4 months old/2 corrected, and she's in 000's already!! she's such a heffer )

Nic, i like that idea-why they were born prem, when they were born, DOB etc etc... great suggestion!! And Nixon looks so diff in that ticker pic than the last one...

Tiggy, im still in love with your kids, they are so photogenic! They always look so happy

Hey to everyone else, lets get this chattering thing happeneing again!!!
    Last edited by simone; October 12th, 2006 at 10:39 AM.

Simone...Alexa had stopped growing about 30 weeks... I had a placental bleed which caused IUGR....

I read a phrase the other day that went.... "Prem babies are so special because we get to see them grow & develop on the outside".... This is so true!!!!!

That is a nice saying Mitch!
    I emailed Ambah to c if we can get the front page thing happening, It did say Astrolady was the administrator for this thread but she just had her baby boy thismorning! 4 weeks early so she might become a regular in here too. Ashton was the same size as Nixon, so hope they are doing well & he can be home soon.
    i agree with Simone Tiff Ivy & Noah are so photogenic!

tiggy Guest

AWWW, thanks guys!
    I can't believe the are going to be one soon.
    Where has the time gone?

Our big news here is that Noah can wave goodbye! Oh and he is up on all fours now too!

I know what you mean by where has the time gone-it doesnt seem that long ago Anneliese was born... I cant believe my kiddies are 3.5, 19 months and 4 months old... i want my babies to be babies again!!

Anneliese is just starting hold up her head, even if it is bobbing around abit. SHe's so gorgous, im hoping to get a new ticker pick up here soon, just like everyone else

oh good boy Noah, bye bye
    yes everyone tells you b4 u have kids or when they are newborn oh time just flys by so quick & u think nah it wont but it sure does.
    Nixon is 6months old soon yikes!

Hi ladies,
    Well Pat has hit the 5.68kg mark!!!! My aunt washed one of his 00000 suits yesterday and this size difference is huge, I want my baby back! He is still in 0000 clothes but fits into some 000. I went to buy an outfit for him in Big W on Wednesday and the 000 shirt went down to his knees!
    Pat has been grabbing his ears lately and shoving his hands in his mouth, he tasted some baby food yesterday and when I tried to stop screamed for some more, little piggy ended up eating half a jar! I have found that the Heinz Organic food is the best food.
    Catch you all soon
    Jess

If you ladies want to make your own baby food (baby jar have almost no nutrients in them) Get a soup pack from the greengrocer, (i also add sweet potato corn, peas, extra potato, sometimes rice or pasta as they get older-you can add anything else you want!!) add some stock , enough to cover all the veges and cook til soft, then blend it and put it in ice cube trays and freeze. If its too runny, add some rice cereal. I put all sorts of stuff in it, you can buy some little containers and take it with you were ever you go. When they get older, make the stock with ham bones, so it has some meat in it. Its really yummy, i used to go through twice as much!! I keep heinz for emergencies.

Jess - pat looks gorgeous in his pic, i love everyone updating these

Anneliese is 2 months today!! (Well, corrected :P)

Simone... love the baby food idea...

Alexa is having 3 feeds of food a day aswell as 5 bottles... what a wee piggy....

Alexa has been discharged from Paediatrics now yippee!!!!! and have a Plunket check up on tues next week so will be able to give her updated weight then..... Wonder if we ill be 6.5 or 7 kg LOL... Last weigh was 5.7kg....

had MCHN appoint today.
    Nixons stats
    weight: 7.2kg (up 1.2kg in 6weeks)
    Length: 66.5cm (up 4.5cm in 6 weeks)
    HC: 42.2cm (up 1.5cm in 6weeks)
    so he has really beefed up alot now, he is in about 10% for hc, 50% for length & between 10-50percentile for weight.

Mitch- Thats awesome you dont have to see the Paed anymore! We have Nixon's Paed appoint next week & I am kinda hoping we wont have to see him anymore. Also should be getting off the Pentavite & Ferro & maybe even try getting him off the Zantac for a while. My god wont know what to do with myself with no meds!

I am just about to try Nixon on Pear for the first time (fingers crossed lol!)

Nic, Nixon is sooo much bigger than the last time i saw him ( he was only 3 month old when i saw him lol)

Mitch Awesome that you dont have to see Paed anymore, another milestone.

I have never seen a paed (as in reguarly, like you ladies do) i was never told i should...

Nic (again) Just curious... why was NIxon discharged from hossy on pentavite? Anneliese still has her dose of iron every morning, but that was all she was ever on (until i put her on coloxyl) She was on pentavite in hossy thought.

the hosp/paed just gave me a bottle of pentavite & told me to continue giving 0.45ml once a day until he starts solids. Last time we visited the paed we discussed started solids next time we seen him ( next week) so although we have started solids i have still been giving it to him till we go next week.

oh & Nixon Loved the pear! he ate the lot mr fatty! he kept his mouth wide open with anticipation for the next spoon full each time hehe!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast