Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #6

aww Nic. I hope Nixon is feeling alot better by morning. I thought Ashton may have been coming down with something today with Lachlan being sick as he felt more warmer than usual, but he seems okay by this evening so must just be because of our warmer weather. He doesn't do warm weather too well just like mummy LOL

Love

tiggy Guest

Nic Thinking of you and Nixon, hope that it isn't bronchiolitis.

Naomi! YAY!!!!!! Good to hear that your little guy is home.

Carrie, thanks, yes, iIam very proud of them. They really have come so far in a year.

Kathryn, hope that Ashton and Lachie get better soon. Yay for his weight gain.

Well, we went to the opthalmologist on Friday. Ivy is shortsigted and will need glasses but he wants to wait a little bit and Noah is longsighted! Talk about two ends of the stick!
    Their birthday is fast approaching and I have been thinking about this time last year. What a whirlwind 12 months it has been.

I cant belive they are almost a year old... time does fly. It will be such a pain trying to get such a little girl to wear glasses!! Im so proud of your beautiful children, and wish them a very happy birthday I love the new ticker pic of them

tiggy Guest

AWWWW thanks Simone, what a sweetie!

Not a prob at all tiff, i've watched your 2 littlies come so far, and when i think back a year ago... they dont seem like the same 2 children. I smile everytime i see a pic of them

Well thankfully Nixon doesnt have Broncholitis or croup.
    I took him to my GP today (so much better then the other one we had on sat) she atleast listened to my concerns and gave him a very thorough check.
    He was asleep when we got there but then woke up and gave her a big smile (typical seeings he hadnt smiled all day!)

he is still off his food only taking in about half of what he usually does but wet/dirty nappies are for no conocern.
    His cough sounded just as bad if not worse thismorning thats why i decided to get back to the doc. to be on the safe side she booked us in for a check up tomorrow.
    so just been giving him panadol & got the vapourisor in his room other then that just wait it out until he recovers from it, he made me teary tonight when he was not crying but moaning and looking at me as if to say "Mum please help me" ohhh so sad, geez what will i be like as he gets older and gets sick or breaks a bone or something!

Poor Ivy having to have glasses, but oh she will look soooo cute with them!
    Are they getting another cake for their bday?!

got come concreting done around the side of the house today so Nixon left his hand print/name/date in it!

Nic I really hope Nixon gets better soon. There is nothing worse then having your little one sick and there is nothing you can do to really help them.
    We had a busy morning, took Kayla up to the school for 1 of her 2 Orienataion mornings. She got to meet her year 5 friend for next year. Next week she meets her Teacher and sits in the classroom for an hour with her classmate, while the parents sit in the hall for an information session. I can't believe how quickly the years have gone, I know I'm going to cry her first day of school. I think I'm more scared then what she is....lol.
    Willow is really good she is sitting up all by herself now. She can only sit by herself for about 5 mins at a time then falls down, but its a start.

Raven

Hi Raven - How exciting for Kayla...and exciting/scarey for you!!! Hope she has a great time next week. Yay to Willow for sitting too!

Nic- Glad to hear that Nixon hasn't got anything too serious, I hope he is feeling better soon though and back to his normal self.

Tiff- Ditto what Nic said about Ivy! How long will they wait for glasses? Gosh it'll be difficult keeping them on her!! Kyla loves pulling my glasses off!!

We are going well here - Went into the RCH for Kyla's last assessment as part of the VIBES prem study. They will send out a writted report, but the results were much what we expected - great with her fine motor skills and a bit behind with her gross motor skills.
    One great thing has happened in the last week though - with the great help from the physio - Kyla now stands (with me holding onto her - or again objects), she is also pulling up onto her knees when holding objects, which is a big step for her...YAY!

Carrie- Wow thats a great step for Kyla sanding! where did you come to do this VIBES study? I am going to a seminar this Friday at the Austin in Heidleberg called Preemie HUGS. its a 2 hr session and then we will be allocated into an 8 week program starting in Jan i think.
    Its mostly for research for them to assess, but good for parents and babies too, they give us info plus we fill out questionaires. I have filled out the first one and apparently through the course there is one and then one at the end.
    It doesnt cost anything and im looking forward to it, if i can help them in their research then Ive done my little bit, its all this sort of stuff that kept our babies alive and well after all. And maybe i'll meet some other nice mums and bubs at the same time.

Nixon is going ok, not any worse today thank god. a little bit happier in himself but still pretty miserable overall. I noticed his top tooth looks like cutting through also so this is not helping the cold! i am surprised how much snot can come from such a little nose my god!

Raven- oh how exciting orientation! but scarey all the same

Hi Nic - THe Vibes study contacted us after Kyla was in the RWH. I thought that same, that I wanted to help research into prems in anyway that I could. The initial stage was when Kyla was in hospital, a psychologist visited and helped with reading bubs signs of anxiety and stress (they were looking at the effect of intervention on prem brain growth), then at her due date they did an MRI and we got brain photos! Then over Kyla's 1st year they did a series of visits with a physio and psych, looking at her milestones and giving me activites to help. The last was an independent assessment at 1yr corrected. I also filled out heaps of surveys.
    The one your going to do sounds excellent. It's great to have some idea of where your child is at compared to other prems, as they don't always fit into "normal" milestones of full-termers. Plus the support from other prem parents will be fantastic.
    Poor Nixon - the teething would definately not help with the cold!! IKWYM with the snot!! Snot and blocked noses make feeding sooo hard! Kyla seems to be just getting better after haveing one cold straight after the other! Bring on summer I say!

Hi Girls

haven't been in for a little while. Just not really finding the time at the moment. I haven't got Ashton weighed since the last one I posted about, but he has just gone into 000 of Bonds Wondersuits only cause he needs the length. Everywhere else hangs off him LOL. Last night was the first night he slept for 6 hours so I only had to get up once.

Naomi - How is Macauley doing with being home ?

Raven - Kameron my oldest should have been doing his school orentations as well, but he is being kept back in kindy for up to another 6 mths due to speech therapy. Had one mum tell me the other day (her daughter is going to same school that Kameron will be) all about going shopping for her daughters uniform etc and I couldn't help being slightly envious thinking "that should be me" Oh well in 6mths it will be.

Love

moment by moment Guest

Hi Ladies how are you all going? we are great trying to get everything ready for christmas. We have our NICU GRAD party at Royal North Shore on Monday I cant wait to go. Hubby has to work but the 2kids and I will go down.
    I am also going to a function on Thursday for Pre Eclampsia in Sydney run by PEARLS I am going with a fellow suffer from the coast so it should be a very interesting experience. Pearls are a sydney group made up of doctors and sufferes (i think) they raise lots of money for research and I hope to help in some way. I really want as many people to know about PE and HELLPS.
    Have a few chrissy parties and birthday parties coming up too so its just so busy.

Miss Airlie is getting cheekier and cheekier. She is pulling herself up onto anything she can and we have had a few wipe outs. She loves to go to the video player and try and put her hand or anything in it into the hole now.

Miss Airlie is now 6.7kg dressed wahoooooooooooo she turns 11mths/8mths corrected on the 6th of Dec. I can not believe that she is almost one and so big now. To come from 861gms to 6700 it just so amazing. I am so proud of her!

Nics sounds very interesting I hope Nixon is getting better too.
    Naomi how is your baby boy doing?
    Carrie wow standing look out now she will want to do it all the time
    Astrolady yay for the long sleeps
    Raven81 ohh big school - i returned home for a few days when Mason started Kinder this year. Airlie was still in NICU at the time in Sydney. I choked back the tears and he was fine. The second and third day he did get a bit teary though but after that he was fine.
    Tiggy maybe one day we can meet up love to meet your munchkins

Hope your all ready for christmas ... cause i am not.
    Merry Christmas all. Last year was special for us spending it with my family in years but this year will be even more special with Miss Airlie and all that we have overcome.
    Be proud girls we have all done great!!!!!

Fiona xo

Hey ladies

sorry i havent been in here, things have been so busy...

Im just wondering if anybody knows when the RWH Xmas party is?? I have to take a scrapbooking page i made up and present it to them, but i wanted to wait until the xmas party...

Hi All,

Well Nixon is all but well again, just a bit of a stuffy nose still but atleast his cough has mostly gone, i woke up thismorning with an extremley sore throat so i hope i am not getting it now! (i thought mummys didnt get sick they only looked after all the sick kiddies and husbands LOL)

Simone & I went to the Vic xmas party for Austprem today. It was really good to meet up with everyone and see older kids that were extremley prem doing wonderfully.
    Fiona that function sounds like a really good cause, its great when they have this sort of stuff that we can get involved in and hopefully help them in the long run.
    The seminar went really well, there were about 15 of us and 10-12 of us are now starting this playgroup that lasts for 8 weeks, first one next Friday then break for christmas and coe back in the new year.

Hi All,
    Had a busy week last week. I did my RSA course on thursday and passed....yay.
    So it looks like I will be going back to work soon. I can't believe how quickly the year has gone and we still haven't got anything ready for xmas
    Willow is great. But she is a bad little girl, she now likes to slide along the floor and get to the DVD player. I think we have to get her a playpen now.

Kathryn, Kayla has a speech problem but the school said they can put her in a class that will help with that as all as being in her normal class and being around other kids she should pick things up quickly (Well we hope anyway)

Nic, LOL Mummys get sick too, thats why theres Daddy to look after Mummys. I'm really happy to hear that Nixon is feeling better.

Fiona, I'm glad to hear that Airlie is doing so well, 861gms to 6.7kgs. Way to go not so little one anymore...lol.

Anyway glad to hear that everyones bubs are happy and healthy.

Raven

tiggy Guest

No Nic,
    The Mummies still get sick...they just have to keep going to look after the sick babies AND the sick Daddies because, you know, they get sicker than everybody else!!!!

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Gosh you all sound so busy. We have been busy too. This week we had Ivy and Noah's first birthday and the big girls' ballet concert, paed appointments and all sorts of other things.
    Christmas is coming so fast, I feel as though my head is spinning trying to buy for 7 kids!

Raven - Yay for Willow that she is getting around!

Fiona, I would like to meet you and Airlie too. Yay for her weight gain and that she is climbing up on things too.

Nic and Simone, The meeting sounds interesting and the party and Grad things sound interesting too. Our hospital doesn't do anything like that which is kind of sad.

Kathryn, glad to hear that Ashton is growing beautifully.

Yep that right tiff, i have a broken wrist, but declan and dh are bothsick, so i still have to cook and clean and wash spewy towels... its never ending!!

Hi all - Gosh you can tell it's that time of the year, all of a sudden every one's lives seem to go on fast forward mode!!

Things are ok here, DH has gone oversea's for a bit over 2 weeks so it's just me and Kyla. The physio came today and was really happy with Kyla's progress, so that was good.

Hope everyone's well.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast