Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #6

Kayla has a speech problem but the school said they can put her in a class that will help with that as all as being in her normal class and being around other kids she should pick things up quickly (Well we hope anyway)

My boy Jack suffers from a Speech problem called Apraxia of Childhood Speech. Iput him into a mainstream school and now he is in Yr 4. Being with the other children has helped him a lot and his teachers involve the children in as much as they can with the Sounds and how to pronounce them properly.

Kayla spent an hour with her teacher and classmates yesterday, after they came out her teacher came up to me and said her speech is 100% better then the first time she met Kayla. So she will be fine next year. She will still need to go into a special class to help her with that, but hopefully for not as long. Just hope that Willow does not have the same problems cos she was born 10 weeks early.

Raven

moment by moment Guest

Hi Girls,

Well the NICU party was great got to meet up with alot of our roomies and also see alot of the nurses which was so great. The nurses were so proud of the babies and they could believe that Airlie was crawling so well and at her size too.

I also went along to the PEARLS function and it was so excellent. I was told there that the research is going quite well and they think they may have found the protine that could cause Pre Ecmlampsia. This is so exciting cause then they can design a test to pick up that prtine and then act if need be. I may never have any more children just dont know yet but if Airlie does or anyones elses daughter then I hope this test is out there to stop this from taking mothers and babies lives.

Did you know that It is the most common reason for babies to need neonatal intensive care. Pre Eclampsia can affect as many as 10% of pregnancies, which makes it one of the most common pregnancy complications.Severely premature babies have a higher risk of disability.
    On a world scale, the problem is much larger, with some 800,000 to one million women affected each year. It is impossible to predict with certainty who will suffer from Pre Eclampsia. Every woman should be considered at risk in her first pregnancy, although the risk is greater for those with a strong family history of the condition. Younger mothers (teenagers) and older mothers (those over 35 years of age) may also be at increased risk in their first pregnancies. If Pre Eclampsia occurs in a first pregnancy, then it may on occasions recur in subsequent pregnancies, particularly if a woman is carrying a multiple pregnancy, or has one of several chronic medical disorders, such as hypertension, kidney disease, diabetes, or lupus and other similar autoantibody diseases.
    It was a really informative night and I cant wait for another one. They were also talking about holding women's helth talks and having PE as one of the topics which would be great as well.

Sorry to post so long but WOW I found it all so interesting and wanted to share

Merry Christmas

Fiona

Wow Fiona that is really interesting heres hoping they can come up with a test that can help Mum's and Bub's from all these health problems.
    Oh yeah.... I have some great news too. Willow is only days from crawling too, she is finally getting her knees up and is pushing herself along the floor.

Raven

Fiona - im so glad they may be able to do a test for PE, i know quite a few women who are affected by it...

Raven, thats so good that willow's almost crawling!! What day in May was she due??

Hi Simone,
    Willow was due "around" the 9 of May. So the Doctors say, but I really don't know as the hospital was still trying to book me into have an US when I went into labour with her. but with the way I worked out my dates I thought I was only 26 weeks. The only thing I'm really happy about is that Willow is happy and healthy now.

Raven

My bdays the 11th may

Premmies are always the strongest kids, they have to be. And most of them always sort themselves out The only prob with anneliese now is she's small (just 5kgs) she's grown out of her sleep apnoea thank goodness

Fiona- glad to hear the program went well, very interesting stats there, so does that mean the PE is hereditry?
    Wow Raven must be so cute watching willow peice all the motions together, wont be long at all!

I am happy to report as of today Nixon realised he likes to roll! He first rolled at 5.5m (4m corrected) but never did it again. Now at almost 8m (6.5m corrected) he has taken the next step! he seemed to love the fact he can get to more stuff now and stayed on his tummy for much longer then he ever has before.

Glad tyo hear Nix is having fun rolling, Pat just about threw himself out the caravan window tonight!
    He rolled over onto his tummy, grabbed the window sill and was pulling himself up to the window! Thank god we were there watching, I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Pat is 200 days old... wow what an athlete you have

Glad to hear all the bubs have made outstanding progress.

Sam & Joel are babbling and laughing and just getting to know each other.It is so cute to see them smile at each other.Sam is rolling sometimes and Joel not yet because of the harness for his hips.

Sam is about 7kg & 64cms at 4 months corrected and Joel 6.4kg - can't do his length either.

Well... Alexa has mastered the art of rolling & the little monkey is trying to get up on all fours.... wont be long till she is everywhere!!!!! Plus she can stand up on her own against things, but luckily she cant get up there on her own LOL!!!!!

Wow Trish, they are great sizes!! It sounds so cute that they are "getting to know each other," i remember watching my best friends babies do that (b/g twins) they are 2 now, and watching the bond between them is just beautiful... i get so clucky again LOL

mitch - WOW that Alexa is moving around on her own, Declan was a fulltermer, and was sitting at 9m, crawling at 1y and walking at 16m, so Alexa's is going great guns!!

Wow great to hear everyones bubs are doing so well. Willow is great, she is still not crawling but I'm sure it will be anyday now. The only problem I'm having with her is she STILL won't eat her vegies!!! I have tried everything, last night I even put a little bit of gravy her potatos and she still WILL NOT eat them. I never had this problem with the other 2. Any help would be great.

Raven

Girls,
    the Austprem ladies are trying to think of fundraising ideas for Austprem, so think about it and I'll bring it up at the next meeting. We are hoping to have a National Austprem day next year.

Just a quick note... I have just updated Alexas webpage if anyone is interested!!!!

Hope those bubbas are all thriving!!!!

Mitch, i love that first pic on your website at 7.5months! Is that the laundry basket she is sitting in? LOL i got a similar one of Nixon helping me get the washing!

They boys sound great Trish! How long does Joel need to wear the harness for?

Yup it is the washing basket.... I took one of her in it a few months before that then this time she was too big for it LOL

Hi all,
    It's great to hear all the progress everyone's bubs are making.
    RAVEN- How are you preparing the vegies at the moment? Pureed?
    JESS- Hmm, fundraising idea's - i'm not very good at that stuff. Who is the fundraising directed at?

Kyla's doing well, however we both just had another bout of BAD gastro. That's three for Kyla and two for me. Hopefully that will be the last of it, it's awful!!
    Kyla's now crawling on all fours and sitting herself up on her knees all the time now which is great.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast