Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Simone's Baby girl is in hospital

Yay for Anneliese! Yay for good news.

Simone, I would encourage your DH to take his situation to the CA shows. How heartless is that of his boss to offer him to take time off while his new baby fights for her life in hospital & then sack him!
    Gee I hope all those who votes JH back in are thinking to themselve "what the hell have I done!"

But thats great news about little Anneliese. Hope she is home with you very soon.

Simone, that is fantastic Aneliese is getting better, I am so happy for you all. You definitley have a little fighter there.

OMG @ DH getting the sack, That is soooo wrong!! I agree with Fiona and contact the ACA shows and give them your story! @ JH IR laws.

He's only had about 3 days off lately, once when i was rushed to hospital just days after being discharge after my c/s with massive stomach pains (had infection *down there*) and th other couple of times when the kids were in hospital. Ill have a chat. When i told me, i had a go at him, which i apologised for, i was mainly venting at the fact that they did that. We could've lost our precious baby girl and they sack him. its not like he asked for pain leave either...

Simone I'm so pleased that your little girl is doing well, and that you could have her home tomorrow. That's great news!

On the other hand, I am fuming about what one steel have done to your husband! I would definitely be taking your story to the CA programs. The people who voted for our idiot prime minister need to understand what a sod he really is, and that these laws affect REAL people. I hope everything works out for you, I really do.

I am so glad that Anneliese is doing well Simone, I hope she just keeps getting better and can come home to you realy soon, I cant imagine how hard this must be for you at the moment not having her with you.

and a great big WTF @ DH Being Fired what a heartless pack of so and so's I think you should go on the ACA site and see if they will tell your story because that is horrible bloody heartless jerks and I will agree with what others have said about the PM I know I didnt vote for the man and was so disapointed when he got in for another term grrrrrrrr my mum worked for the union and boy oh boy did they fight hard to avoind this rubish happening, I really hope you get some kind of justice or that he gets a better job really soon

Dh said another guy got sent an sms and told not to come in the next day for asking for 1 week off to have his wisdom teeth out. Even though they are killing him, he's still been working, and even gave them 2 weeks notice!! BUt they sacked him by sms. Legally they dont have a leg to stand on, beign casuals, but morally, its bull*****

That is really terrible Simone, its crap that employers can now get away with stuff like that grrrrr it makes me so angry that this stuff is happening and its only going to continue as there is not alot we can do now its just so so sad what is this country coming to

Simone, I just had a quick look at the ACA website, and it looks really easy. You just go to 'tell your story' and fill in a little info, then they contact you. It's worth it to see how you go. Good luck!

I'd also contact your local member of parliament - I'm asuming Tulla would be a labour seta, but if not then the oppostion.
    The labour party are taking on most cases they find like your to try to make example of how unfair these laws are.

ACA/today tonight etc are also great options, and even ringing up Neil Mitchell on 3AW (I think weekdays after 8:30) or Derryn Hinch after 5pm

I told DH to go on ACA or TT, but he doesnt want to go on TV, said he doesnt want everyone to see how useless he is that he cant even keep a job to support his family... I told him it wasnt his fault, but he wont listen to me. And sometimes people might see him on TV and offer him a job! It has happened before... Ill chat to him, we sacrificed so much for them, and he gets sacked.

no well its deffinately not his fault, and you both deserve better it is a sad thing when they do this to people because as you just said now your dh feels like he cant keep a job to support his family when that is not the case at all I think I would try chatting to him a little more too Simone in the hope that he changes his mind, and what about the other guy did you know him well enough to approach him and see if he wants anyhting to do with it???
    Good luck anyway Simone I really hope you get some kind of justice out of this situation what a bunch of you know whats, I cant say what I am really thinking in here LOL
    Last edited by *Elle*; August 11th, 2006 at 08:14 AM.

Hey amy, you prolly feel the same way... email me if you want... [email protected]

Jodie259 Guest

Hi Simone..
    sorry to see this post so late, but I tend to stick to just a couple of posts on this site (too many to choose from - I could be online all day!)
    So sorry to hear about Anneliese, and I hope that she will be home soon. My little boy got bronchialitis around 7-8 weeks, and it was heartbreaking... but not as serious as yours. The frustrating thing was that I had taken DS to the GP on a friday worried about his coughing, and doc said "he's okay, come back if it gets worse". By Sunday we were in emergency and they admitted him immediately. We were there for 3 days as my boy was so strong. I co-slept with him in a tiny child cot - although they had made up a bed for me.

And that sucks about your husband. Unfortunatley I don't think the latest IR laws make any difference. Being a casual worker is always a risk, and within a 3 month trial (full time or casual) the employer has always had the ability to fire someone (I am an employer myself). It's horrible that his boss does not have more understanding with everything that is going on. I hope that he finds a job soon.

kirsty Guest

Hi there lovely ladies you've hit our thread page limit with this thread but if you'd like to keep chatting about Anneliese please feel free to do so in a new thread here

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678