Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternative to a portacot?!

I have the amby hammock, but I didn't use it that long, until Jovie was 6 months. So some babies stay in them longer, some done. I've also heard great things about the ones that are like hangers... I know some places hire them out so maybe see if you can trial one and see how comfy he is. I know for Jovie it took a few weeks to get used too, and other babies the same.

Thank you!! I like the look of the amby hammock. I'll try to find a rental place.

we had some foam but up at clark rubber, they do sell portacot matresses that tri fold but when we needed one they had sold out, makes it more comfortable

Just sticking my head in here to say Michelle - there are branches called Hire for Baby (just google ) that hire out hammocks and lots of other stuff too!

I love my portacot I bought it eight years ago and my three kids have used it. I would say that it is easy to fold up but it is a bit heavy to carry around, I manage but I could see someone smaller or less strong or with a bad back may find it difficult. Also I use a lambs wool to make the mattress more soft. We do a lot of camping and I use it to keep the baby safe.

I have just bought a kinderkot after my cousin came to Aus with her 7 month old baby using a Nomad baby tent. Can't buy them in Australia but can get the kinderkot, so I bought one - bubs is having his first sleep in it right now! I got one as we are heading to Qld for Christmas and need something light and portable as we'll be staying in 3 or 4 different places. Also, we have a 5 hr layover at the airport on the way back so I can take it as hand luggage and put it up for him to sleep in safely while we are there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12