thread: Cot Mattress

Jun 2008
    Tassie

my opinion is steer clear of the foam ones. I had one for Jaidan and it got damp some how and when I changed it next and flipped the mattress over it was mouldy!! Since then I have only brought the inner spring ones with the plastic on one side. I got Ashtons from Kmart for $99.

May 2008
    where the V8's roar

Sorry to hijack the thread but I was wondering for those who had innersprings how much could you feel the springs? and did it seem really hard?

We got ours 2nd hand from SIL although it had never been used, it doesn't seem to have any padding IYKWIM? and just have material and then the springs and seems really hard. We are considering either putting a blanket down or getting a new one. Any opinions?

bjbj Guest

Cot Mattress

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where to buy the Heavenly dreams airflow innerspring cot mattress in Melbourne?
    I noticed MrsC_Aussie that you said you bought one in the city?
    I've tried searching on the internet, but sadly no luck...

Jul 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

I boyght direct from the warehouse and my dad picked it up. if u google heaenly dreams brunswick and go to the hotfrog page it returns it will give u the company details - no website, just give them a ring!! good luck

May 2009
    Keilor VIC

Thumbs up

Thank-you so much for that information, I had seen the Heavenly Dreams mattress at the Baby Show last year, but could only find them for sale at Babies Galore in QLD and NSW, and they were listed as $170 for the Boori size. I have picked one up from the factory in Brunswick this afternoon for $120!!! I am so pleased, it is such a good idea for a mattress, to be able to pull the whole thing apart to wash it; the SIDS guidelines say you should get a new mattress for every new baby, but with this mattress, you don't have to. I am really pleased, and my little girl is sleeping on it right now!

Thanks again.

Mar 2009

As per my experience, one side of cot mattress should be water proof. because sometimes nappy can leak at night so if you have waterproof mattress there is nothing to worry.

May 2009
    Keilor VIC

Don't forget dustmites tho, a plastic side or mattress protector won't stop those little buggers =o)

Jun 2008

Bonniesmum , could you PM me the name of the factory you got the mattress from in Brunswick?

May 2009
    Keilor VIC

Hi Salsa,

Love to, but am a bit of a novice, and not sure how to PM. Can email you if you like?