Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My turn to play the pram game!

Default My turn to play the pram game!

I have no idea where to start but I do have a list of things I do or don't want!! Anyone want to help me decide?

Don't Want:
    * Three wheeler
    * BabyLove, we had two & hated them
    * Phil & Teds, just don't like them!

Want:
    * From newborn to toddler
    * It needs to travel on footpaths & grass easily as we'll be walking Zander to preschool once a week
    * Reversible handle if possible, but it's not essential
    * Size doesn't particularly matter as we have a station wagon, but it needs to be around 12kg or less

At the moment I'm leaning towards the Steelcraft Transaction or Downtown.

I like the Strider 4, but as a few people have mentioned it looks suited more to a small child than a toddler.
    Last edited by {sarah}; October 25th, 2007 at 09:13 AM.

Hi Sarah,

We didn't want a 3 wheeler either, but have ended up with a Quinny! Obviously haven't used it yet, but i have found it REAL easy to operate, bassinet clips in and out with one move, as well as the toddler seat attachment. It is a little pricey, but comes with everything included, all covers, a bag, blanket, everything! It's easy to maneuver and folds down with one easy move! Is also lightweight!

We got ours from Baby Buntings, should go have a bit of a play.. we were deciding out of the strider or the quinny.

hope this helps a little..

xxx

There is actually a new Quinny called a Buzz which has four wheels. I don't like the shape of them or the Buggaboo to be honest & the cost is a big factor for us.

I have a steelcraft, no idea what model, bought it when preg with Indah from Target as it was the past seasons colours (care factor) so was reduced from $299 to $109. I am using it now with Zyon, I only wanted a 4wheeler too, dont trust the 3 wheelers...

so keep an eye out for last seasons ones, they reduce them heaps!!!!!!!

Do you want a single or a double?

I need a double Sarah, with basically the same desires as you, and i can't find anything. Off to look this afternoon, lucky the baby isn't here yet!

Sarah, thought you might want to look at this thread

My Strider Story....... - BellyBelly Forums ~ Pregnancy, Birth & Baby

I had a similar list of requirements, but didn't worry about what sort of surface we would be walking on. It wheels very well on footpaths etc, and I've had no troubles on grass. It's four wheeler and doesn't have pump up tyres, so you wouldn't want to do too much cross country with it IYKWIM. Oh BTW, I have a Silver Cross Linear and I love it! It is kind of big, but manoeuvers very easily and nicely, and I don't think it's heavy. One of my big things was not wanting a three wheeler, so I was really happy to find this. I think it's much nicer to push than alot of three wheelers too. It's great for a newborn, but I haven't gotten further than six months yet LOL.

I was also looking at the Steelcraft prams, but now some of the girls on here have put me off them.

Oh, have you looked at the Valco four wheeler? I know someone with one, she loves it!

Sarah - I know we changed our minds about the Transaction too but I actually really loved it. It was DH who in the end decided the handle was a bit wobbly ( alot of them are actually because of the height changing mechanism) and we found that one of the wheels came off the ground even on the flat surface of the Baby Bunting store we were in. The lady tried to tell us all 4 wheelers do this on uneven surfaces, we said, well this is flat and its doing it. Anyway, its a great looking pram, the tyres are great, the material seems really hard wearing, and it fits all your requirements. I would take it for a decent walk on the footpaths outside the store where you go to check the wheels. HtH!

Good idea Tracey on last seasons.

We're looking at a single Yael, Zander will be just over three by the time bub arrives & even now he likes to walk 9 times out of 10. I'm also planning on getting a HAB (or similar) so if Zander needs a rest from walking bub can go in the carrier & Zander in the pram.

Yep Sez, I've checked that thread out, thanks though I haven't been too fussed on the look of the Valco prams that I've seen so far.

I'm difficult aren't I?! I know Cailin has a Mclaren that she loves, so I should ask which one it is too.

ETA: Thanks Tan I'll make sure I do that this time, we didn't test drive our last pram nearly enough.
    Last edited by {sarah}; October 25th, 2007 at 11:10 AM.

Sarah, I tend too have Zy in the HAB & Indah in the pram & then change later in the day, with Indah walking (she doesnt run off) then Zy in pram...
    But definately keep an eye out for the Specials, they arent advertised just standing in the stores with a reduced price on them... Kmart & Target I have seen this in both...

Enchanted Guest

I have got the Steelcraft Enigma, Sarah and that is pretty good.

If you want a Pram as such I wouldn't go the maclaren. Its basically a stroller but the best stroller you can get, it doesn't have a single handle bar and the underbasket is small but y'know what I LOVE it I really do. It comes with a foot warmer, it lays all the way back for newborns and has a head cushion. I don't think I could go back to using a pram, they just aren't practical. I just don't think I could go back to big and bulky. If cost wasn't an issue I would have loved something like the bugaboo but then I was told choice didn't rate them too highly so that turned me off anyway. Sorry I can't be much help.

Sarah,
    I have just bought a maclaren mx5 or something similar m5...its 3 wheeler but sensational and light. Bertini do a good 4 wheeler, not sure what the model is..will go and look. I like my Valco and bertini 3 wheelers but dont love them...I did love my old maclaren 3 wheeler. Yes some people have an obsession with shoes mine is prams!!
    Bec

The Transaction is now definitely crossed off the list after seeing it IRL yesterday. It looks as lovely as the photos I've seen but with one quite significant problem. Kinda hard to explain, but I'll try LOL!

It was set up in the shop lying down flat, so as you do, I lifted it up to see it upright. As I did there was no usual click click as it went through the stages going up, odd.... Then when I tried to keep it upright I couldn't figure out how to, preg brain kicking in maybe? I asked the lady to help me & found out that instead of having the usual metal bar that clicks into place the back is held upright by a strap???? You know the pram seatbelt straps with the three prongs, it's the same, one on either side of the pram. To me that just didn't seem right. What if one broke? How do you move the backrest in a smooth movement if bub falls asleep upright? Where is the back support?

So now we're looking at a different Steelcraft, it's either the Eclipse or Elite I can't remember what it was called exactly.

Sarah, I was in Toys R Us on the weekend & they had a few params (3 & 4 wheelers) which I am guessing were last seasons as there were boxes so not Display models... Anyways 1 was $380 reduced to $110, might be worth look at???

Cool thanks Tracey, I'll try to get out there in the next few days

Sarah, that was a big reason for me not getting the Transaction too. They apparently make them with that strap now to make the pram more lightwieght. To me though it just seems flimsy. The pram itself is gorgeous, although it is quite heavy and a pita to fold up. There is no way you could do it with a baby in your arms. Not that you often do that anyway.

You would have to be nearly under the pram and with both hands free to recline it. Again, not going to work if bub has fallen asleep after a feed and you want to recline it before putting bub back in it.

Enjoy your search hun. You are looking at a good time too, hold out and you will get the after xmas sales

I agree too that it seems flimsy so definitely not a goer. And yep, that's why I'm looking now Trish, so I can be prepared for the sales

or pre xmas sales... heee heee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast