Thread: Strollers....Maclaren/Valco - others???

Question Strollers....Maclaren/Valco - others???

Looking for a stroller for Izzy - for day to day use rather than dragging the pram around ( plus I think Im gonna sell it ) and instead of putting her in the gross capsule in the shopping trolley.

Anyway, I love the Maclaren - but they are just so expensive, even on eBay and I was wondering if there are others that are cheaper that compare in weight and fucntion? Or Maclaren users- are they really worth the $200???

The valco looks similar but is about $100 - anyone use one?

I like the little cheapy umbrella styles but figure a layback would be more convenient if we are out and she naps?

Also - are they ok for walking??? I walk a fair bit from home to the supermarket and just general walks?

What do you think- what do you recommend all you gorgeous experienced mummys!!

Tan,
    I have a maclaren quest, I love it so light and easy to get in and out of places and reclines to 3 positons. It is although starting to look a little shabby ( I suppose it only has me to blame) as it gets flung in the boot but I cant remember how much it was over $200 but it has been used 3 times as much as the 3 wheeler. My SIL has a maclaren and it has gone throu 3 children and still looks fantastic. I am a big maclaren fan thou it was the clincer that got me going on IVF again they have a new 3 wheeler that I must have !!
    Bec
    Last edited by Visitor9; October 19th, 2007 at 03:02 PM.

My SIL has a Steelcraft something (sorry - will find out the model name!). She says its great for shopping and stuff because its really light, so easy to throw in the car. She says its not good for walking though. From the prams/strollers I've had a "drive" of and what girlfriends have said who have them, if you want one for decent length walks I wouldn't touch anything that doesn't have pneumatic tyres (which are obviously more expensive!!)

ETA - I would definitely get one that can lay back. A girlfriend's bubby is 12 months older than our Izzys, and she still sleeps a lot when we go for long walks together.

hey tan, whats wrong with your strider? dont you love it? i think i love it ! lol

I love my stroller for quick & easy use. It's a Steelcraft & it only cost us $80 on sale, also it's red & that's one thing I really love about it. It lays right back too which I love & many people I know comment how great that is. We use it when we do the grocery shopping, convinient to take in the car. Also if we go somewhere for a visit etc it's convinient too. But certainly NOT for walking, the steering is shocking. But I've got my exp Valco pram for that.

Sorry, just checked with DH & I tell a lie, it's a "Babylove".

I have a Maclaren Quest and it is the BEST stroller I have found. I have a pre-loved baby goods business and have test driven lots of different brand strollers for my DS and Maclaren are by far the best to steer, they are lightweight and really easy to collapse. We use ours all the time to walk to our local shops and it is great. It is not too good on rough surfaces (like gravel or grass), but great for pavements.

You could go into Babyco or Baby Bunting and try out both Maclaren and Valco (I haven't tried a Valco stroller personally) and see what you think. I bought my Maclaren off eBay for around $75 by being cheeky and asking the seller if she had a Buy it Now price as soon as she listed it. It may be worth a try?

Hi,

I have both!

I have the McLaren Techno XT for day to day getting around. It is perfect as here in HK we don't have a car and have to rely on public transport. It is very light, easy to steer and fold.

I also have a Valco Everest for taking bubba for a walk (and hopefully jogging in the near future). This one is more robust for exercising, steers fantasticly but thankfully I never have to fold it. It is difficult to do and is bulky.

I recommend both though for their different uses.

Mel

Ooooh I forgot to mention my stroller has a clip that holds it together when folded & a handle for easy carting around. Was great when I was on my own in Perth & had to carry that & bubs around.

Ooh thanks ladies - I tested the Maclaren at the expo and I LOVE it and I think mums gonna help me out!!! Its so light and easy to fold! I think Im going to have to get the Triumph or the Quest Sport! Not sure about the Valco - they just dont seem as easy to manouver or something.

Danni - I hate the Strider (except that she can face us) I have lots of issues with it - but mainly with all prams in general I think! There just isnt one pram that does everything I want it to! Im going to keep an eye on how much the Striders go for on Ebay and if I can get a decent price for it will sell it and get something for walking plus the Maclaren!

Maybe you can start a thread somewhere and tell me whats wrong with the strider??

I have a Beema 3 wheeler and love it for walking and everything!

I got a Maclaren Quest - whoo hoo! Its fantastic! Thanks for the advice ladies!

Danni - HERE is where I talk about why I dont like my Strider - in a nutshell! I might do a thread orreview about it. Al thinks I should put it away for number 2 I still think iI should sell it while its only 3 mths old. The basinettes only been used for 3 nights sleeps and still has the plastic on it I should have bought the P & T's - men - how often does he even use it!!! )
    Last edited by Beach Mama; October 23rd, 2007 at 07:21 AM.