Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you NEED for your second bub?

Smile What do you NEED for your second bub?

Considering our second baby will be using all the baby stuff our DS did, cot, pram, changetable etc

What do you NEED for a second child besides their own new clothes,
    And keepsakes like photo albums/picture frames etc.

That you dont already have?

1. A Carseat (As DS will still be using his)

Lets get a list started...

Thinks i found helpful:

* Carrier or sling
    * Twin Pram
    * Port-a-cot
    * Play Pen - sometimes if you need to leave the room and don't trust your DS near bubs
    * More baby towels etc

Umm i can't remember..
    I bought DD2 some blankets of her own to keep, i am also buying her some toys of her own that she can keep even though DD1 has way too many as it is.

Carrier definitely. And a swing, just for those times I've got my hands full of toddler and don't have room for the baby!!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Swing
    Carrier
    Pram that both kids can be in

I have bought some clothes and toys

not a lot really most above I all ready had from DS1 but did buy ANOTHER carrier as a carrier aholic *cough cough* advised me how good this one was!! And I loved it

did buy ANOTHER carrier as a carrier aholic *cough cough* advised me how good this one was!! And I loved it

Hahaha - I am pregnanr with my third bub and just bought my third carrier LOL!

ive bought myself nothe carrier lol and i bought a new pram and it looks like we'll need a new cot coz DS wont be out of his anytime soon

more summer stuff coz im having a completely different seasons baby this time lol

Yeah you gotta watch out for those carrier-holics....

Oh - and I never had a double pram or anything, I carry one and push the other. Twin prams are so heavy and bulky. I have one I was given but I hate using it.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Quote Originally Posted by JwithJ View Post
    ive bought myself nothe carrier lol and i bought a new pram and it looks like we'll need a new cot coz DS wont be out of his anytime soon

more summer stuff coz im having a completely different seasons baby this time lol
    Could you borrow a cot for a short while, as my boys are 18 montsh 4 days apart and I have DS2 in bassinet still (just) DS1 bed arriving this week then DS2 will be in cot!!

I have winter and summer bubs and actully found I didnt need much in way of clothes up until now as DS1 didnt have tracky pants when 6 months old as it was summer so getting some things liek that niw for DS2 but most baby clothes suits/all in 1 etc are fine when you layer!

I upgraded DS to a new carseat and have kept the original one for the new bubba.
    Depending on age gap, new bed too. I will have to buy new clothes if this new bubba is a girl........

Definitely a swing or a bouncer or something that you can lay baby in when dealing with your older child. And a playpen for when you are feeding. Somehow toddlers know exactly when you are unable to do anything about the fact that they just stuck something in the dvd player or are opening and shutting the oven door

We are getting asked this a lot and without revealing the sex we don't know what we need! So jumping in for any ideas!
    Atm only a few things...

Another monitor as DD will keep the movement monitor for her breathing until she has grown out of her lung issues
    Some hooded towels

What we have and are doing...

We are keeping the same pram, and I have a "few" carriers (another carrier-a-holic here )
    Borrowing a Bassinet then when bubs is ready for the cot transferring DD to a bed, she is int he cot set up as a toddler bed atm.
    Hiring a cupsule, then when bubs is too big for that buying DD a Maxi Rider and bubs will get her Meridian.
    Got a swing already
    Plenty of wraps, maybe just a few new stretchy one's
    Bought a few new items of clothes
    Bought some new BPA free Bottles JIC but have the receipt in the box hoping to return them

If you have two in cots you would probably do with some more sheets, blankets etc

Oh yeah and I didn't need a new cot either - I got a cheap bassinette off Ebay for $50 before Eden was born, and she was in that for a few months - Kelti had already moved to a toddler bed before Eden was born though, about 15 months old she was. Kelti slept in the bassinette I borrowed from my SIL when she was born until DS was 22 months old and moved into a toddler bed. So I've only purchased toddler beds, not another cot

Besides what everyone else has said - car seat, double pram, more towels, carrier etc i bought an electronic breast pump. Mainly cause with ds i found it took forever for me to be able to express enough for a bottle if i had to leave him and i'm sure i'll have less time now and i'll probaly be going back to work earlier so it will be more efficient. Also if i have to express again with this one for comp feeds in the early days it will help too

Things we've got or are planning to get:

Second hand and new baby clothes as we're having a girl and 8 bags of boys stuff just won't do lol
    Couple of sets of new sheets.
    Another car seat as DS is still in his.
    Pram the will fit both of them. Note for anyone looking into this- I hated the idea of big chunky double pram but have found an amazing one called the Bootiq Duex stroller, very lightweight and folds up to size of single pram, plus comes with newborn foot muff, head support and storm cover and is really cheap!
    Couple of new blankets etc as some of DS ones were worn out or stained.
    2 extra baby gates second hand for $5 each as I know it will be harder to keep an eye on 2!

That's about it that we have 'needed' have bought some other stuff like a nursery manchester set worth $370 for $50 and some pretty girly teddy bears etc

We're planning on getting:
    Car seat- a booster seat for our son actually and the convertible car seat will be passed down.
    Cradle- older son is still in cot, not as a toddler bed so I'm hoping the larger size of a cradle will last us a little longer with baby#2 until the cot is free.
    Skateboard for pram- I'll mainly use carriers for the baby too but I think the skateboard will be handy for a long time anyway.
    Cleaner- I figure this will be an essential for a period of time while adjusting to having two!
    Bath seat- We didn't use one last time but I think it'll make life easier with two in the bath. Obviously wont need that for a bit though.

We have a rocker already which we barely used last time but I can see it being handy this time.

We got (for #3, since I needed to start from scratch for #2)

A bassinet + some sheets and blankets (which I got gifted)
    Some clothes - despite them being polar opposite seasons, I had quite a bit of neutral coloured wintery stuff in between all the pink summer stuff
    Nappies
    Car seat (which just happened to come with quite a few bassinet sized sheets and blankets)
    And out of season maternity gear for me

The whole lot added up to about $250. Second babies are cheap!

If I'd had two of the same gender in similar seasons I would have only needed cot and carseat.

newborn clothes as we gave alot away

carseat for DD1

big bed for DD1

double pram

night light...lost the last one somewhere along the way

newborn size socks...lost many of the pairs so had a lot of singletons floating around.

Just

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast