Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you NEED for your second bub?

Hehehe anything you wanted the first time round but couldn't afford LOL.

Naw only joking, it works the other way round, you realise with your first how little you actually do "need". But on the other hand you've got a better idea of what things are really useful.

Things I lashed out on with DD2:
    a boori matilda cradle (much bigger than a basinette, kept her in it until she was big enough to go into a different room)
    a shaped denton's preggy pillow & a breastfeeding pillow (made do with a sad & saggy u-shaped pillow first time)
    a really good sling (had a cheap n nasty first time)
    a new monitor (cos the first one died after a couple of years constant use)
    an inflatable ducky bath (sits inside your regular bath, really handy for bathing little ones without filling the whole bath)
    playpen (didn't need it with DD1 but it was brilliant with DD2)

:yeahthat:

this time i did splash out a bit more. like last time i made do with only bare essentials in terms of maternity clothing etc. this time i decided to spoil myself a bit more as this will no doubt be our last baby and only now do i truly realise how precious that is and how, for me, to feel pretty makes a big difference to my confidence itms. also bought some nice maternity bras (hot milk). last time i bought basic, but not pretty ones. which were fine, but now i wanna feel pretty lol!

i also bought a few really pretty things for bubs. last time i was like uber practical, but this time, again i guess because i figure it's the last, i went to town a bit so that i have a stash to have my *mwah* moments when they are all grown up...

Quote Originally Posted by Marydean View Post
    a new monitor (cos the first one died after a couple of years constant use)
    We have the baby where we can't hear him and haven't actually wanted one of these yet - our toddler is very very good at telling us when "baby's sad. Baby needs a snuggle"

A chest of draws or somewhere to store their clothes

a second pair of arms, more hours in a day and more patience!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12