Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when did your babies car seat go in the car?

Default when did your babies car seat go in the car?

Just wondering how early people either had the car seat installed or put them in themselves I've heard 4 weeks before your due date. I have already had a "practice run" to the hospital and I would really like to be prepared but I don't want to be swearing at it cos it's in the way

We had ours fitted at around 35 weeks and it stayed in there until she was born.... It is something you need to get used to being in the way anyway and better to be prepared I guess!! Keep in mind that if you decide not to put it in and you go into hospital your DF can always put it in before he picks you up! Good luck!

WIth DS1 it was in about 6 weeks before he was due/born. DS2 arrived 3 1/2 weeks early and the seat wasn't put in until after he was born. But second time around we knew how to do it quickly and easily so it didn't matter that DH had to do it while I was in hossy.

We're pretty slack. DH will put it in the car after I've had bubs and before picking us up from the hospital...LOL

Enchanted Guest

We put ours in 4 weeks before Oscar was due. Was strange driving around with it for a while but it was great having it in and DH not having to worry about getting it in before taking us home from hossy.

Hmmm might put it in tomorrow, DF wants me to do it he reckons he wouldn't do it right(probably cos he doesn't read instructions )

First time around I think it was somewhere between 4 and 6 weeks before. Second time around we moved DD1 up to her new seat about 10 weeks prior. We wanted to give her time to get used to it and not relate the change in seat to the new baby too much. The babies seat was put in and out multiple times since then due to needing other people in the car.

When DH came to pick DD2 and I up from hospital he remembered he hadn't put the seat in yet LOL!! With the other 2 it was the day they came out of hospital.

smiles4u Guest

Ah, ... DP got it fitted into the car the morning of the arvo I was coming home from hospital with our new bubba ... yep, I was sweating it !! ... That was cutting it too fine for lil old organised me

... And to think we only purchased it when I was about 6mths pregnant

(Cost $25 to get it professionally fitted !! ... and they highly recommended to have it placed right in the 'middle' of the back seat incase of impact in an accident. Made sense !!)

Kel
    DH installed ours about an hour before we took DD home

Dear hubby put our baby seat in about 4 weeks before i was due and having bub number 5,we thought i might go into labour earlier,but it didn`t happen that way, I always like to be prepared.

We had ours put it at the seat fitting place a few weeks before she was due.
    The guy spent ages talking to us about the seat and making sure we understoood how to use it and all that. He was really helpful.

With DS (1st pregnancy) We had the car seat installed when I was around 6 months... lol. It came out a couple of times but went straight back in. With DD, DH installed it when he got home from hospital after me having DD.

It was installed by my father two days before DS was born (9 days after his EDD). My DH was afraid he wouldn't put it in correctly and my dad had installed the car seats for all 3 of my sisters kids so had a great deal of practice!

Pretty sure DP fitted it when I was in hospital.

i went into labour 2 weeks ealry so it was done after ds was born and i was in hospital

With DS is was put in about 2 weeks before he was due, when I started maternity leave. With DD it was the same, when I started maternity leave.

We put ours in a week before MJ was born and then took it out again (just so we knew that it ftted properly), i didnt see the point of driving around with it in the car... Although i was glad that we did fit it early as i needed to get an extention.
    I was in hosp 6 days (emerg c/s) so it was refitted before coming to pick us up.
    TBH it is the last thing that you really need to do, its not like you need it for the trip to the hopsital, so dont stress too much about it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast