Thread: Faint BFP on FR, BNF Fortel Extra

Default Faint BFP on FR, BFN Fortel Extra

Ok ladies, need some opinions and past experiences with these two brands of test. I got a faint BFP with First Response this morning, but a BFN with Fortel Extra (using same pee). I have had faint lines on FR but not been pregnant before, but am praying for my BFP this month so trying to hold onto some hope! AF is due tomorrow. Anyone want to share their experience with these two tests? I know the Fortels are prone to false positives/evaps, but no line on this particular test (and I've used them enough to know how they react normally). I also know that the Fortel are 10mIu and FR are 25mIu sensitivity.
    Cheers ladies

Last edited by Twinkie; October 19th, 2007 at 08:09 AM.

All tests can have a different sensitivity so its hard to compair the two. Usuallya a line is a line as long as it came up within the time limit and it has colour to it and can be seen at arms length.
    I would try another test brand altogether though especially if you have had false + on first response and fortel extra is known for false+. I used Discover and got my BFP on 10 DPO as you can test 7days before a missed period. Good luck and I hope it is a BFP for you.

Thanks Cherie. I'm going to get a Confirm this morning, as they are usually pretty reliable and I've had no false hope on them. Am scared it's going to be another BFN, though, but such is life. Will try and hold my pee for as long as I can before testing again.I've been having heaps of lower abdomen pain these past few days, but I'm on clomid so it might just be that. My temps aren't anything to write home about either but I'll be retesting again properly with FMU tomorrow either way. Fingers crossed!! I've waited patiently for 2 years waiting for my BFP, so please let this be it!!!!

Hi Twinkie,

I just got my BFP with First Response Early Pregnancy Test at 17 DPO. I tested at 15DPO with Pregnow which is supposed to be 10miu (these are the internet cheapie tests) and got a BFN. The BFP I got at 17 DPO was quite dark really which makes me think if I'd tested at 15DPO with the FR that I would have got my BFP then. My AF was due at 15DPO so I managed to hold out until then to tests.

From what I've been reading the Fortel brand don't seem to be reliable. If you can get false +ves then I'm sure you could get false -ves with them too. They may have a problem at the factory with their dyes in the tests or something of that nature.

I've got my for you Twinkie. The waiting game is so hard but don't be disheartened if you get another BFN today. As long as AF doesn't show you're in with a shot!

Good luck

Twinkie, I used confirm brand with my pg last month.. got my bfp from 12dpo got a +ve blood test on 14dpo and also did a confirm and cyrstal clear test that same day which came up +ve and I used the same wee for a foretel test and it didn't even come up with a line.
    I have had some trouble with the foretel in the past but just used it cause it was left over in the cupboard.. was really shocked that it didn't even come up with a hint of a line and I was definately pg..

Wow, that's interesting to hear about the Fortel's not giving out BFPs when they should. I had heard that with the Fortel Ultra, but didn't realise that Fortel Extra was just as dodge (well, apart from the false positives that is). I tested this morning with Confirm and BFN. Temp is still high, though, so if AF stays away today (due today) then will retest in the morning. Am 13dpo today, surely if I was pregnant it would be showing on a HPT by now....??? Stay away AF!!

Twinkie - good luck with testing tomorrow.. Confirm is a good test but remember that it isn't the most sensitive test out there so might not be able to pick up any HCG yet.. Great news that the temp is still high..