Thread: false results with pregnow

Unhappy false results with pregnow

I was wondering if anyone had any false results with pregnow due to keeping it in the sample too long. I had a faint positive on 9 and 10dpo and it turns out I was keeping it in the sample about 5 - 10 seconds more then you were meant to. I was wondering if anyone knew if this would affect the result.

Thanks

I don't think keeping the stick in the sample for longer than recommended makes any difference.

Hi,

I don't think leaving the test in sample for too long would give you a false +ve (I think more likely a false -ve as too much urine could wash away the dye).

Personally I'm not a huge fan of Pregnow. I got a BFN using Pregnow at 15DPO and a STRONG BFP using First Response at 17DPO (Pregnow are supposed to be 10mlu and First Response 25mlu). I've also heard of others getting false +ves with Pregnow. I think Pregnow is probably not the most reliable......

Just to make it more confusing I thought I would test it this morning and do one according to the instructions and one according to how I had been doing it. The one according to the instructions came up with a faint line fairly much straight away. The other one has a much fainter line and I think both of them are false positives. Talk about doing my head in. As if this whole thing isn't hard enough.

Hi,

Why do you think they are false +ves? Sounds like it could well be a BFP to me! False +ves are pretty rare - more likely you are pg! Why not go out and grab another brand of pg test from the shops and try tomorrow morn with fmu......

Good luck

hi,

ive used the preg now tests for this pregnancy and my last i have never had a false reading.

for the first pregnancy testing with it it showed up after 6 days of being pregnant. i had also emailed the company and they told me to leave sample in for 10 second so i did that i was pregnant. i tested again after a few days and it was a dark line so try again in a few days i suggest

for the second pregnancy that is where im at now it also worked perfectly never have a received a false testing saying im preggers when i am not.

i hope this helps

Hi

Thanks for all the advice. I guess I think they are just false positives because I don't want to be upset again when/if my period comes which it is due tomorrow. I did another test today, 13 dpo, leaving it in the sample for just 5 seconds and got another faint positive. I used crystal clear at 11dpo and it was negative. So really I don't know what the result is now.

I would NEVER use Pregnow again. I had a false positive Pregnow Hpt last cycle at about 12dpo (from memory?) and it was a faint 2nd line but clearly there. I used the test correctly and dipped it in the urine for the correct amount of time and didnt' exceed the marked line etc etc and the line came up immediately. I was sure i was pregnant! Then got the BT done 3 days later and turns out I wasn't even pregnant very upsetting. I do believe they aren't very reliable.

HOWEVER, when i actually was pregnant in November, I got a BFP with a Pregnow test (3 actually) and BT confirmed i did have hcg in my system but i had early m/c so yeah, i am very confused about pregnow because i did get what were actually true BFPs the cycle prior.

Well it appears I owe the makers of pregnow an apology. I tested this morning with crystal clear and confirm and got a positive on both of them. I can now organise my twins first birthday party knowing that I will soon be having another one.

congratulations hopingsoon - hope your pregnancy goes well

Congratulations! Wishing you a H&H pg.

YAY!!!!!!! Wishing u and ur family a happy healthy 9 months! And a I look forward to seeing the birth announcement! heheh