Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe Baby Tips & Discussion

s361768 Guest

Hi Tracey

That is a brilliant idea I should make it someone elses problem.

I am glad to hear that others are having the same probs with it as I am because I was starting to think that I was the one being tempremental.

I found that it helped me.
    Back when I was TTC Mason and I had no idea about anything it helped me to figure out I was Oing at about cd21 and was having a 35 day cycle, not having my period a week late every cycle like I thought.
    We were wasting our BD efforts on cd14. I had no idea when I was Oing so when I started using it and was getting a pebble pattern when I was supposed to be Oing I was just so darn confused that I kept using it every day until the ferns appeared and they got stronger and thicker.

I discovered that a good thick layer of spit on the thing and leaving it to dry on a sunny windowsill, or helping it along with a hair dryer, gave me a good accurate result.

Yep, been doing the big spit and on window sill. Still nothing but from previous months and regular cycle know that i usually o around day 15-16.
    I reckon that it could also depend on diet, excercise and general health.
    I have been sick with a virus over the last week, and i think that could interfere with readings.
    Any who, BD'ing all the time is kind of fun!
    Mrs G

s361768 Guest

On the website it also says that you can get ferning after your ovulation (transitional ferning) and just before and during menstration, Oh and if you are pregnant. So according to the genius who developed the gizmo you can get ferning pretty much throughout your cycle, which could mean anything... very confusing .

I think I am definitely going to put it on ebay and recoop my loses, see if someone else has better luck with it.

Karen

I will let you know how i go, but i am going to see if i can take it back to where i bought it and see if i can get my dosh back. I don't really feel that good about inflicting confusion on the sisterhood, especially when one is quite vulnerable and a little desperate (from my own experience) when on the ttc journey.
    mrs g

I went to the chemist and told them that i was not satisfied with the MB so they called the company, and even though the response was that i wasn't using the device properly, they refunded my money.
    $70 to spend on other things now. Hopefully some HPT's to advise me of a BFP.
    2 days to go until i test.
    Ciao

dannik Guest

Hi I have used MB and been very successful with it. Used it for 3 months to get used to how it worked then when we were ready to try; got pregnant that first month. I agree with Sushee you should definately leave it till it is bone dry, i would continually check it over the day to see if any thing changed but generally i would get an expected result within 30 minutes. When using MB you can tell the transitional stage from the day of ovulating, it became quite clear to me after using it for about 4 months (i think you need to get familiar with how to use it correctly). When adding the sample i would get saliva on my tongue and then lick the lens. I found this worked best. However you do have to wait longer this way there is more saliva on the lens so drying time is longer. When i became pregnant the ferns never went away.

I had used the urine OPTs as well as the MB as we are trying again now, but i have had no luck with the urine OPTs never got a positive ovulation indicator so i found using those quite frustrating.

I have a few friends who have been successful with MB and swear by it hence why i decided to give it ago, Good luck
    Last edited by dannik; June 6th, 2007 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Had to add more info about my experience

But when they tell you that reading it after the designated time dee4ms it a false reading then what's the point! Your back to guessing again!???

MrsG yay on getting avrefund & good luck with testing!

s361768 Guest

Hi Dannik,

reading a result after 30 min or checking back throughout the day is probably not a good idea. I was told that you should not read the lens after 10-15mins because the salts in your saliva start to crystalize. So anything that appears after the specified time should be taken as an inaccurate result.

LuLuLamby Guest

I bought one after coming off the pill and cycles being all over the place. Now at six months off but only four cycles, something is not right?

I got full ferning on day 15 and slight transitional on day 16 but I have not yet had a period and am testing tomorrow at day 42.

I would say it hasn't been a complete waste of money but not realy happy either.

Maybe it was a coincidence but Maybe Baby worked for me the first month of using it - we had been TTC baby #2 for about five months without having any luck using OPKs.
    I started testing with Maybe Baby on day 7 and got ferning on days 9 and 10, before I would even start with the OPKs (usually started on day 12).
    I thought it was a dodgy when the ferning continued for the rest of the month then realised why when I got a BFP!
    I think different things just work for different people, my friend only used one stick from her OPK and bingo BFP the first month TTC.
    When you're TTC you can't help but try every option - whether the advice is for or against it...just incase.

IKWYM Daisyblue, when TTC you are willing to try anything. I am using MB now and am getting ferning during my cycle, so who knows. We arent TTC yet just charting etc to see if I can find my o pattern.

Love

BecD Guest

Exclamation Maybe Baby Worked First Go For Me

Hi there, thought Id share my positive experience with MaybeBaby...
    I also bought it thinking id save money on the individual pee sticks... I charted my first cycle on it, putting a huge blob of spit on the lense before getting out of bed and did check it at least 1/2 hour later... I had text book results each day and on ovulation day I had full dark fully formed ferns (I get Mettleschmerz most cycles so its quite painful to ovulate but sometimes easy to know its happened)
    We were lucky to get pregnant that cycle... Unfortunately it wasnt to be and miscarried at 11wks... we're still trying but dealing with some sperm issues...
    I cant praise the Maybe Baby enough and at least you can sell it once you are done with it!
    Best of luck to all of us

Maybe Baby worked for me! We had been TCC for 3 months when I decided rather than DTD every night we should try and do it at the right time.

So I purchased the maybe baby, got the kind of fern picture (the picture when you are in the transition stage) we then went for it... and got our first

The only annoying thing was how you are not meant to test unless you have not eaten for 3 hours which means I could only test in the morning or just before bed (unless I'd had a night time snack!)

Hi Everyone

I bought a saliva ovulation predictor called Ovuclear. It works the same as MB, just a different brand, and half the price. I really like mine, and I got results that matched temping and CM. It takes me longer than 10 minutes to get the lense dry (which is the maximum they recommend) but I've always got the result I expected after 30 mins. I also lick the lens and use quite a bit of saliva.

HTH

Well I can't say I am too sure on Maybe Baby either. I brought mine to track my cycles as last month it was a bit haywire after the early m/c which I expected but I thought I would start tracking as of this month to make sure its back on track.

It is now the right time of the month for me and I am pretty sure I am ovaluting because I can feel it but according to Maybe Baby - I am not. All I see are pebbles no ferns!!! (Not getting alot of CM but its there and so is the pain in my side!)

So not sure what to make of it - I will keep using it because I am still going to wait a month or two before trying again so maybe Maybe Baby will improve!

Well I tested this morning again and today I had pebbles and ferns which is what is suppose to happen before ovalution. I would have thought I would have seen this yesterday cause I swear I was ovaluting and last night I got quite a few ovalution pains in my side.

But maybe I am a little late ovaluting this month. If so it seems to be reading me correctly!

Default MB Freebie...

If anyone wants a MB, I have one I no longer want (didn't take long!!!) I've found that I have so much estrogen that I constantly fern. Plus, using this daily is just adding to TTC consuming my entire life. I also hate trying to not eat for three hours in the evening to use it (works much better for me in the evening than in the morning). *sigh* I wouldn't be a very good sales person!

I am happy to give it away to anyone who wants to try it, especially if you want to collect from Brisbane city during working hours. I'll edit this post when I've given it away. Hope it helps someone else, all I ask for in return is babydust! PM me for details.

EDIT: MaybeBaby has been given away.
    Last edited by Maruschke; November 21st, 2007 at 09:42 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast