Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Maybe Baby Tips & Discussion

Bonkaz - curious as to how you are going? Reason is that the last time I used MB was when I fell pg last year. I had been using it everyday for the last 2 cycles and I usually got around a week of ferning (so it worked but was too hard to find the critial ovulation day) - but the month I fell pg I kept getting ferning until 12dpo when I finally found the courage to do a test and got a BFP. I only just saw you're post today, haven't checked this thread in a little while.

Hi there i have just started using maybe baby and i would guess that you ovulate when it first started occuring around half way of your cycle. Apparently you can show ferns a few times throughout your cycle but its only the one in the middle that matters. Also i have found inconsistencies when using it at night. It says to wait 3 hours after eating but even if i tested it 3 hours after eating (it would be what i think as wrong test) as it didnt match the morning one. The first test i did as soon as i bought it from the chemist after 3 hours of eating was showing partial ferning and i was only on day 10. The next day nothing.....just dots! Now i am on day 16, i tested last night after not eating for 3 hours and got partial ferning. Tested this morning and nothing....

So my opinion is only test in the mornings....

Why is it so hard to figure out???

Quote Originally Posted by candy85 View Post
    Hi there i have just started using maybe baby and i would guess that you ovulate when it first started occuring around half way of your cycle. Apparently you can show ferns a few times throughout your cycle but its only the one in the middle that matters. Also i have found inconsistencies when using it at night. It says to wait 3 hours after eating but even if i tested it 3 hours after eating (it would be what i think as wrong test) as it didnt match the morning one. The first test i did as soon as i bought it from the chemist after 3 hours of eating was showing partial ferning and i was only on day 10. The next day nothing.....just dots! Now i am on day 16, i tested last night after not eating for 3 hours and got partial ferning. Tested this morning and nothing....

So my opinion is only test in the mornings....

Why is it so hard to figure out???

I used MB for about 6 months, ferns, no ferns, blobs, ferns and blobs. I had 2 blood tests recently and because of PCOS I don't even ovulate!!! IMHO MB is a bit...well, better not complete that sentence. Lets just say that if 2 blood tests say I don't ovulate and the MB says I am, then I'm a little skeptical. Good luck to you anyway.

Candy, I found that i had to let the saliva dry for at least 45 mins in order to get the correct result. hth

Default Maybe Baby not for me

I found this in the Pharmacy and gave it a try. The 2nd month I realized that it looked the same when clean and after putting saliva on it. Luckily I had the receipt and the Pharmacy took it back. I was very unimpressed with the device. I found Clear Blue Easy much easier to use - however, I had to order it from the US and it is quite expensive - but it seemed to be accurate. However, we have discovered other issues and are just in the middle of our first IVF cycle - fingers crossed.

Question Ferns all the time

Hi everyone, Ive been using maybe baby for 5 months and found it co insides with other tests. This was the first cycle however of TTC and since ovulation (day 15) Ive been ferning. Really large black ferns. AF is due in 3 days so its a little early for a HPT. Has anyone else had this?, Could I be PG?. The ferns look like big crosses to me.I also test in the morning before breakfast and leave for around 30 mins.My breast are a little tender but they always get like that when AF is coming to town. Any thoughts would be great.

Cheers , Carol

tegan1986 Guest

Default mabe baby

i have been using mb 4 2 months and ths month i ovalated on day 15 and now on day 26 period due 29 days my bbt is 97.7f and has been elevated for about 12 dys andi have had full ferning from day 21 jst wouding has any1 else had full ferning is it because period is nely due plz help???

tegan1986 Guest

i am in the same sitution i dont no?

MKT Guest

I really am soooo unimpressed with MB...wish I hadn't waisted my money...going to try and chart temps now

mellonbrad Guest

Smile Maybe baby

Does anybody have a maybe baby they are wanting to sell?
    Going to start ttc and would desperatly love blue baby dust this time and thought this may help sway the stork a little, but will be thrilled either way.
    thanks

Thank god I'm not the only one that cant get proper results from MB! Very dissapointed esp the amount of $$ it costs. I thought that there was something wrong with me!! I wouldn't recommend it

Tegan,

You may be pregnant well you probably know by now.....since the post was on sept 15 would luv to know!

Fiona - sometimes it works for me other times it doesn't ...lucky I also chart my temps and check my CM otherwise just relying on MB won't help you...one of the girls here has recommended an OV Watch...google it...apparently it works but it costs money so haven't convinced myself yet that I need it...

Hi Mannie,
    Yeah I'm gonna try charting my temps & CM as well. What do u need to do with charting ur body temps?

Thumbs up Worked for me

I used MB for 3 cycles to get used to using it. I found that I had pebbles, transitional ferning for 2 days, ferning for 1 day, transitional ferning again for 1 day, pebbles; just like it says on the instructions. I realised that I was ovulating 3 days earlier than I thought which is useful to know! 4th cycle we decided 'get serious' and were successful first time around! BTW the ferning stayed and got darker after the initial ferning so I kind of knew I was pregnant even before we tested.
    Let's just hope it's sticky....

mellonbrad Guest

Smile maybe baby

Congratulations !!!!!!
    I know have a MB and have only tested for 1 cycle and seems to be doing what it's suppose too. I am really just trying to confirm the timing as we would like blue dusting this time as we already know it sticks as we have 2 little pinkies already( Any baby would be perfect) Best of luck

Mellonbrad

IN SHORT - I found it a big waste of $$$ and would NOT recommend it.

When I first bought it and got it home I used it it seemed to work OK, but since then I haven't been able to get it to work for me - I've tried everything (different amounts of saliva, different times of the day, letting it dry longer than normal etc).. I am only ever getting blobs, or nothing at all!

I have just bought a 40pk Combination Pack from Oracle - :fingerscrossed: these one's tell me something useful!

Texas_Bell Guest

Default Mixed feelings

This is my first month using a Fertile Focus saliva microscope. It is not the Maybe Mom but it has the same concept...just cheaper. I'm facinated by the product. But I've gotten ferning patterns in two stints this month. On CD 7-11 I had noticeable ferning and then it transitioned to non-fertile; I'm now on CD 15 and I got a non-fertile this morning, but I had egg white cervical mucous, so I re-tested and got ferning.

So I now wonder.....what is going on?? I read a study that was done in Canada that says ten percent of women ovulate twice or more per month and I'm wondering if I could be one of those women with 2 waves of ovulation. I just don't know.

I'm not going to throw in the towel yet, but I'm a little confused.

alida Guest

Default Constant ferning

Hi all
    I am very new to this. Went off BCP 6 months ago and have not had AF since then. Have had constant ferning on my MB since I went off BCP. Have decided from all the ferning that I must have v. high oestrogen levels which is probably stopping me from ovulating. Decided to try 'Vitex' which apparently helps with oestrogen-progesterone balance. Have been using OPKs but still no sign of ovulation. My patience is starting to wear thin! Had a hormone BT today so hopefully that will shed some light on the subject.
    Has anyone else had problems with constant ferning and no ovulation? If so, do you have a solution?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast