Thread: Positive OPK's for 4 days running so far....

Sym Guest

Default Positive OPK's for 4 days running so far....

Anyone have any ideas why I would have OPK's coming up positive for so many days in a row?

I done a bit of research and most sites say to stop testing after you get the first positive OPK but I can't help myself, last cycle they were positive for 2 days in a row and I found that to be quite normal but 4 days in a row, what the??

Are you sure that they are all positive ie as dark if not darker and are you testing at the same time every day - in the afternoon not in the morning?

I have heard of some women who are pregnant getting a pos OPK have you done a preg test just to be sure

Even if they have a second line they are not positive till the second line is very dark. Disregard the lightest ones.

I had 3 in a row last cycle and did some googling, found out that because the hormone takes longer to clear from your urine, it can still be present after the surge - this is why they say to stop testing after you get a positive. AF's arrival for me confirmed that the 1st OPK signalled O.

Sym Guest

Thanks girls,

Test line is definately darker then the control line so they are positive. My temp was up this morning so I'm gathering I O'd yesterday (3rd day of positive OPK) which would work out OK.

I did read somewhere about the hormone taking longer to leave your urine after the surge, so yeah if I'm not pregnant this time I will only test til I get the first positive and stop wasting OPK's in my next cycle.

HPT is negative like I thought it would be, but hey no harm in testing. I do love POAS after all..

Congratulations, Sym! I just took a look at your chart to see how you were going.

Sym Guest

Thanks heaps, Kbowman!!

I'm so excited! I'm really hoping that we get a daughter this time round, we done the 3 day cut off so we will see what happens. I had a blood test yesterday and my HCG levels have gone from 46 to 1455 in a week so very happy about it all!

Also, congratulations to you! Hope everything went well with your ultrasound. Were you planning on finding out the sex of your baby?