Thread: Timing of OPK's

Default Timing of OPK's

Hi everyone,

What time of day is best to do OPK's? I am thinking of getting the clearblue digital one. I saw it in the chemist the other day - it either gives you a happy face when you are coming up to O or a sad face if you arent, thought that was pretty cool and far easier. No need to try and figure out if the line is darker than the other

I am not temping this cycle so thought I would try using OPK's to pinpoint O. My cycles are still a bit screwed up

Anyway your comments and suggestion are most appreciated.... TIA

EDITED: Oh and what day do I start using them from? say if I assume 28 days, last months cycle was 23!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrr... stoopid body! lol

Last edited by nagromeyk; November 14th, 2007 at 05:48 AM.

It should say in the packet when to start testing. It all depends on what length of cycle you have. As mine is all over the show i started rather early and tested every second day or so as I didnt want to miss it. I o'd on day 20 and my last cycle was 45 days if that helps.

Also I tested first thing in the morning as i drink a lot of water and thought that would give me the most accurate result.

My FS gives me OPKs, and tells me to test from about day 12/13, though if you have short cycles maybe it would be worth testing from day 7? They also say use the second pee of the day afte it has been in the bladder 3 hours, as LH is usually produced in the morning, and the FMU generally isn't strong enough...

I don't know if thats standard, but thats what my FS does anyway.

Use CM as well, as OPKs don't work for everyone!

ok girls well I went and brought a digital clearblue O kit like I said I was going to.
    Started testing like a week ago, still havent had a smiley face yet

I only have one test left. When I look at all the tests (I only kept the last 3 days tests) the 2nd line is appearing to be getting darker but is still no where near as dark as the control line. Should the tests just keep getting darker or have I missed 'O'? Does the LH only surge for a short period or does it need time to build up in your body? This is confusing and frustrating, I knew I should of kept temping lol..... but just wanted to relax about it this month.

I have kept the tests so could post a photo I guess....

Sasha... Sometimes you *can* miss it, if you test in the morning and the surge is in the afternoon... because I think it only lasts a little amount of time.

BUT if they're getting darker day by day, then I'd say you're coming up to O, unless you're pregnant (some people reckon OPKs can beused as pregnancy test LOL!). I'd say keep using them... even if you have to spend some money on more, it'd be worth knowing when O is...

Do you / have you had any EW or watery CM?

Leasha - I have had Watery CM the past couple of days..... I dont usually get EWCM.

I might buy some cheap ones that way at least I can POAS to my heart's content and that way at least I will know for sure when I 'O' this cycle.

Decided just now to stop taking my vitex tablets, I have read some more information on it and am now starting to think maybe it is delaying 'O'.

I am CD16 today and last month I O'd on CD14 .... hmmmm?? Arent our bodies crazy things lol

EDIT: ahhhh screw it i have decided I will test again tomorrow or sunday and if it still hasnt given me a positive i am gonna forget about it! i thought it would be easier doing OPKs but yeah they are just as stressful as temping! Might give up everything next cycle... might give up TTC altogether...... it just gets so damn frustrating!
    Last edited by nagromeyk; November 23rd, 2007 at 09:46 AM.