Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: very confused......

Default very confused......

Hi girls,
    yes it's me again. You guys must be getting sick of me by now. But I need advice. Af is late (AF cycle changed with IUD insertion and removal and I am going by past cycles, she is only one day late), I did a HTP this morning (which I am wondering if it is invalid as I didn't sleep last night, I worked a night shift, only had an hrs nap once I got home before I tested?). Anyway, it came up with the test line almost right away, but that soon faded and looked to be gone. Well when I checked it later, it's def there, very fine, thin pink/purple line and I have been staring at it off and on for the last few hrs. I immediately retested, but using a new sample and that is negative. After my 2hr nap this afternoon, I retested....once again BFN. With me, I usually don't get BFP's untill AF is WAY overdue (with Jess 10wks was 1st BFP HPT).
    I don't know whether to take it as a BFP, a BFN, should I let DH know about it? or should I wait till I know for sure? I so wanna call my sister, but I also feel DH should know before she does..... I can't just drop everything and go get a BT as I'd have to drag two babies up there..... HELP! I don't know what to do and I am going crazy with this heartburn! (had it non stop for 2wks even rennie isn't helping!).

Kerrie - you poor thing...it sounds very confusing! I'd give it a couple more days and then test again. But if you have the heartburn concern as well maybe just go to the dr to see about that and get a BT done at the same time. Can you get someone to mind the girls for you?

Maybe you can tell DH that you would feel better seeing the dr as you've had enough of the heartburn and then tell him that you are also a bit late, AF wise, and so you'll get that checked out too. Hope you get it sorted...and no we're not getting at all sick of u - that's what bb is for

thinking I might duck into coles on the way to work tonight and pick up an early PG Test and test with FMU Tmw morning when I wake up (from my sleepover part). If I pick up a multiple pack I can retest the next few days if I need to....

Oh, I forgot to add, I had spotting two weeks ago, which I questioned in the post pregnancy thread.... I went to the Dr then as I was thinking it was breakthru bleeding from minipill. Dr suggested it wasn't strong enough for me but confirmed I have no real options other than hoping it is strong enough. Am once again wondering if it was implantation or similar.... Usually I know my body, but first the IUD stuffed my cycles around and now the minipill is making it hard for me to work out...

I know. Wait and see. But I'm impatient! I wanna know now (stamping foot like a 3y.o child)!

12bliss Guest

Maybe you should try one of those digital HPT's with FMU? Let us know how you go!!!

well, still no af and getting all BFN's. But this morning I have been crying non stop over nothing really. I feel like I don't know my body anymore and I hate not knowing what is going on. Before the IUD and the mini pill, I knew when I O'd and I knew when I was pg with Jess. I knew when something was up. Now I am just confused all the time and I hate it. I hate that if I am pg, it will mean our plans change and I basically stuff things up for us. Even is my new employer will let me keep the job and work untill I am 38wks! I hate that I feel like such a failure atm.... I keep thinking I am going to lose DH as I am sure he doesn't want a depressed wife, but atm I can't help it! I hate myself.

Fire Fly Guest

God Kerrie, your poor darl. .
    You sound exhausted to me. I do know where your coming from though as youve been in my posts. I hated the mini pill as i didnt feel signs of ovulating with it either. The month i went off it though i fell. (not what you want to hear atm, sorry). I think the pill plays havoc with your body.
    I think you should go and talk to Dh and release it off your chest. It is his problem to so as they say 'a problem shared is a problem halved'. Im sure he will be very supportive and it may even be a relief to know whats been going in the last couple of days.

Those digital tests that bliss suggested more accurate? I didnt even know they existed. But maybe if they are spot on it would be worth trying one of those. Unless you have already.
    Good luck and try not to stress. Have a glass of wine or something.

I wish I could have a glass of wine or something. But I don't drink. Besides which I have been feeling sick all morning (I usually get evening sickness when pg so prob just emotions etc) and have two babies to look after, add to that that I work evenings 4 days a week, including tonight, a drink is pretty much out of the question..... I avoided playgroup today as I couldn't stop crying. I rang my sis to explain I wouldn't be going and was crying on the phone to her. I just feel so useless and stupid atm....like even my body is clueless and misbehaving....

Fire Fly Guest

gee you need some support at the moment. Is talking to your DH not an option? Do you think that would make things worse.
    I know you arent ttc#3 again so is that the reason your so upset, apart from the fact that your hormones are running rampart.

Kerrie i think you have already answered your own questions about your body though. And the fact that you had spotting a few weeks ago. It all sounds like you are pg again. Can your sister look after the kids while you go get a blood test. Even though its a huge pain in the rear to do you will have peace of mind once its done and you have the results. If it is indeed postive then you and DH can start dealing with it.
    I dont know what else to say to help you out. Sounds to me like you need a break to me.

Chin up.

My sister lives over an hr away and has two little ones to look after herself so I don't want to put her out and ask her to come over (also the house is a mess as I have been too tired to vac and mop after working and keeping up with the washing up and clothes washing etc).....

but thank you so much for ur support......I think I will have a nap once the kids are in bed.....ho9pefully I will fell better after that....

Fire Fly Guest

Hey thats what family is for, to lean on if you need help. I know id do it in a flash if mine asked.
    And i dont think the state of your house is going to faize her one bit, id say she will totatlly understand actually.

Hope the nap does revamp you a bit, a long hot lavender bath would be great to. Lol i know i know, its nice to fantasize though isnt it.

*LOL* Yep, I'm actually going to wake up my little bub now, and go to my old dr (at least he understood me a bit better, even if he is now 30mins away). The new place I go to (since we moved) the Drs seem to be all "I just want to get thru as many patients as possible" they just don't seem to care about people as individuals. Makes me feel uncomfortable going there.... I think my old Dr would ring me with results too so....

Ok....better get off my ass and go. Will let Dh know I am going too.

Fire Fly Guest

Well done!.Let me know how you go. And good luck.

Kerrie - Just want to say good luck - I can imagine how overwhelmed your feeling and hope the results come in quickly so you know whats happening.
    I think talking to your dh would be a great idea just to take some of the pressure off you!
    and
    DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE HOUSEWORK!!!!!!!

get results tmw lunchtime....thanks soooo much for your support. I feel a little better now, just knowing my Dr is on my side...

Hi!

Let us know how you go!! Sometimes a supportive dr can make sooo much difference. Have you talked to dh?

I had already talked to Dh about it when I got the faint +ve, but I had told him it's probably a false one my cycles are screwy so he didn't think anything more of it. He didn't put two and two together, the fact I've not wanted to eat at dinner time cause I am feeling off nor the boobs being twingy nor the spotting.....heck I still don't know. I honestly can't tell you if I feel pg or not as the last few cycles, my cycles have been 25days, 31, 20, now I'm sitting on 30 again (not including the spotting two weeks ago). When my 31 day cycle happened, I had all the pgcy symptoms too. So maybe it's just my body atm. But I want to know for sure IYKWIM? I want to know what is going on. What is causing these whacky cycles!
    Anyway, Dh went mad at me for not talking to him about what was bothering me. Now he knows and I find out in a few hrs and have talked to a dr, he see's how much better I feel because I have support. Yes our plans will be stuffed up for a while if I am. It will mean having to have a serious talk with my new boss and saying I'm willing to work to 37 weeks, and go back to work once bub is 5 months.....if I can keep my shifts.... and hopefully that will mean we don't fall too far behind and can keep on track renovation wise...I don't know. I should just leave it and try not to think about it till I have the results. It's probably just my body screwing with me.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast