Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When to test?

Default When to test?

When can you test for BFP? Anyone know much about the early preg test kits? Had any luck using them? Which ones do you recommend?

Nikki Guest

Sarah,

The earliest I ever got a BFP was at 12DPO. That was using a Fortel Ultra & a internet cheapie.

But there are ladies out there that have got BFPs much earlier. I think Angel got a +ve at 10DPO.

Hope this helps.

Hey Sarah,

Yup, I got a faint BFP at 10DPO (if you're interested in seeing just how faint, click on my ticker to see some pics of my BFPs). I used a Crystal Clear midstream HPT (but used it in a cup, not actually midstream LOL), I think on the pack it says you can test as early as 7 days before AF is due. I tested that early because I had to start on aspirin as soon as I found out I was pg, so I guess that is why you might be testing early as well? Anyway, I would definitely recommend the CC midstream HPTs.

Good luck!!

Sarah,

I got a BFP with this pregnancy at 10DPO and like Angel, it was with a Crystal Clear mid-stream test. That was with first morning urine. I got a bit excited and tested again later that same day with a Discover One Step mid-stream test and got a BFP with that one too (with afternoon urine).

Good luck! Hope to see you make the move to PAML very soon!

(When do you think you will test?)

Bec

Sarah

I was just wondering exactly that! You and I are only a day apart in our dpo & I was thinking it was going to be very hard not to test this month (usually have no problems with not testing until AF is due). Might be because I am charting and focusing on each day, rather than usually just waiting to see if AF rocks up (IYKWIM).

Im thinking should wait until at least 10dpo, which for me is Sat. Really hope you get that BFP!

Keen

well I tested this morning and got a BFN. It was probably too early. I am very confident that I am still getting my BFP this month (please please please). I had a dream last night that I had quads! 3 boys and a girl!
    When are you going to test Keen? I might leave it now until AF is due which is Monday.

Im thinking I want to be able to hold out until Tuesday, but doubt I will this cycle. Like you I just have this very very good feeling, but then that changed a little this morning when I got AF type cramping, but still doing my best to stay positive....

Sorry about you getting a BFN... bet it was just a little too early.

I went into the charting your cycle thread and checked out all the charts of successful conception and saw when they got BFPs, and none were earlier than 10dpo...

Fingers crossed this is the cycle for us!

Keen

I might even give in and try tomorrow again. Just want to know ASAP as doctor told my on Monday that as soon as I get a BFP I am to call him and come to the hospital so I can start my Heparin shots. So I figure the sooner I know then the sooner I can get everything under control. Have to wait and see how good my willpower is. Would prefer to wait til Monday. What about if we make a pact to both test on Monday morning?
    I had cramping the morning before I got a BFP with ~Lachlan~. DH and I were doing our groceries and he asked if I wanted a hpt, I said no as I had quite bad cramps already so AF was probably on her way. He put one in the trolley anyway. And the next morning I used it and it was BFP! So fingers crossed for you!

Funny how the cramping and all that messes with your head...

Im thinking yep lets make a pact to both test Monday morning. I'll definitely be in that.

Understand wanting to know ASAP to start the shots. I guess Im similar in having lost 3 now, want to do everything right from the very start (as best I can)

Keen

Cool, no cheating now! This is fun! I hope we both get to use those boarding passes on Monday!

Me too! for both of us! Wonder if there is anyone else thinking about testing that can also test with us??

Keen

kirsty Guest

Hey guys can I join you two & test on Monday?????

Here's hoping that we all see BFP's on Monday.

Yaye! The more the merrier! How great would it be if we all got BFPs on the same day?

Keen

kirsty Guest

It would be the best & would mean a bit of a wait at the departure gate to board the preggie cruise.

Here's to Monday

Hope you all get a on Monday.
    Good :luck:

Love
    Michelle

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Hi Sarah, Keen & Kirsty - I might test on Monday too 4 :luck: is lucky
    unless AF gets there before that - I am 8 dpo now (I think) - :bdust: dust: to us all
    hang in there girls -

Trish - you are the same dpo as me.... oooh will be so good! Strength in numbers hey girls!

Keen

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

hey Keen - I think luck is on our side
    I am not sure how they count days past O but just got my snugglepie signature back - yah - and it now says 9 - I have 26 day cycle
    we gotta get on that cruise soon

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast