Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: When to test?

Big girls. I was truly hoping for BFP's for you all this morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is still time for a BFP for those of you who haven't had a visit from AF yet.

Kirsty, extra hugs and a slap to AF for you. It really sucks when she turns up when she is so unwanted.

Love Bec

P.S. Sarah, do you have any idea how long your luteal phase (the time between O and AF) usually is? 14 days is pretty standard for a lot of women, so there is still time yet!

my cycle is normally 28 days. my temp has dropped slightly too.

cant believe how upset I am about this. had for some reason been totally convinced this was going to be my time.... af still hasnt come but it feels as though she is on her way.

:hugs: to us all.

Keen

Are you going to test again in the morning keen?

Nope. Cant believe I let myself test so early this time. I usually have a rule of not testing before af is at least 1 week late, but for some reason was just so convinced of this cycle.

I know its not over until af arrives, but does feel as though she is coming up the garden path (IYKWIM)....

Do you plan to test again, tomorrow?

Keen

Tested again, but still no good. I think I will buy a different brand and test again on Thursday if AF still away. I'm convinced I had a bad batch, it was Fortel Early Preg Test (red box) Is this ever possible?!

dont know Sarah, guess its always possible.

my temp dropped again today, so am not holding out any hope anymore. Oh well.... AF still hasnt come though, which is strange (although can feel her practically knocking at the door now)

Still have everything crossed for you.

Keen

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Keen - like you I wouldn't have tested early for the disappointment factor -only did because knew I was going to Dr OBG.
    Still no Af but like you I know she will be banging down the door any minute. My temp still dropped slightly this am too - not as much as other cycles but I feel cramping too.
    I haven't a hope but for you & Sarah - hang in there.
    Sarah I tested with early First response but got BFN and internet cheapie too BFN . Haven't used Fortel
    Now a matter of waiting and playing same games next month - only supposed to go on the scout family camp the weekend I expect to O - so should be fun trying to b'd in a caravan - asked Dh which one will 'bounce' the least (and maybe have to go and check out a secure site away from others or else take the tent and put DS in another tent).
    Something to look forward too !
    Felt positive this month with high temps too.Trying not to let disappointment for us all get me down.
    pay no attention to my ticker changes automatically but probably right IYKWIM

kirsty Guest

Am still hoping that you guys, Sarah & Keen, may still get your BFP's. It would be nice to see some of us move on. Got my fingers crossed for you.

Hey guys just needed somewhere to get some stuff off my chest. I went to see my old boss in hospital today, she had a baby girl on Saturday. I have come home so teary. I didn't have a hold. Usually I am all over new babies and you can't get them off me, but for some reason I couldn't hold her. All I could do was look at her and think this isn't fair!
    This is the first of many new born babies over the next couple of months for my friends, I just hope it gets easier than today.
    There was also a baby boy in the nursery that was born at 24 weeks and was going home soon. I think that might have had more affect on me than first thought.
    Sorry to bore you all with this but it feels better to get it out.
    Still no sign of AF.

Melinda Guest

Oh you poor thing. I imagine that you found the hospital visit quite overwhelming by the sounds of things, and I think that considering everything you have been through, that's totally understandable! Don't be too hard on yourself; it sounds like a very difficult situation. Remember this was the first time that you've had to be in this situation since your loss, so it is probably going to be worse than any subsequent times.....that's probably why you found it so confronting.

I know that it feels so unfair, but just believe in yourself.....there's a little miracle just waiting for you around the corner.

Thinking of you......

Sarah, sweetheart, so sorry to hear of your being so upset. But totally can understand why you would be. Try not to be so hard on yourself though, ok. You wouldn't be human if you didnt get a little upset over something like that.

matey. Hang in there.... you'll be having people come visit you to meet your gorgeous new baby very soon, Im sure of it! You have to because I need a whole stack of friends to take me with them, k!

AF arrived for me on Wednesday, so back to the TTC game (like you ever get to leave it!). My brother and his wife have a baby due any second (actually they are 5 days over!) and as much as I cant wait Im going to have to do all I can to not cry my eyes out...

Keen

kirsty Guest

Keen & Sarah, am sending both of you atm. New babies can be really difficult to cope with. Even though you may think you will be able to handle it the reality is quite often the opposite. I found that seeing a new baby (or even a PG woman) ~ especially in the months after losing Alex ~ really bought it home to me that we wouldn't be experiencing the joy of a pregnancy or the excitement of welcoming a new member to our family. I would love to say it does get easier, but at first it takes a while, but eventually the bad days do get less. Please don't be hard on yourselves as grieving takes time, even when you think you are starting to move you can often find yourself right back at the start of it all for some unknown reason. I still have bad days & they can be a struggle, but I so far have managed to cope & not turn into an absolute madwoman (DH might not agree with that though).

I am beginning to dread Easter atm as Easter Saturday is one year since we lost Alex. I am trying not to think about it too much, but then I work in a store where as soon as you walk in the door there is a huge easter egg display, so that kinda brings it back. We are still trying to think of something special to do for our little man that day, although it may be a bit difficult as DH will be on nite shift that weekend.

Anyway sorry to hijack your post & ramble, but the short of it is I'm thinking of you both.

Hi Keen, AF came to me last Wed too, so looks like we're cycle buddies yet again. Hopefully soon we can be pg buddies! Well AF has now left me, hooray. I am thinking and hoping that I will be back to a 28day cycle now. My last Af was kind and didn't hand around long, sorry if TMI. My one before that was nasty, but that was from my first cycle after ~Lachlan~. I am hoping that it will work this month so I can be pg be ~Lachlans~ due date. It would be nice to have something to look forward to around that time. Did you have a nice weekend?
    Kirsty- You are more than welcome to hijack our posts anytime! I hope you are well. Have a good weekend?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234