Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: things brewing?

Default things brewing?

Is anybody else picking up on something big brewing - more than usual at this time of the year.

Quite a few of my friends are getting a feeling that something huge is about to happen, that the universe is going to deal out some karma, that people will learn not to play with things they really have no knowledge of.

Yes I know Yule is this weekend, but it is more than that, it is more significant that "just" a sabat, even tho Yule is a significant one in the wheel of the year.

So who else is feeling it???????

Quite honestly, I'm out of tune with the universe since having my son 11 weeks ago. Interesting thought though and I will try to examine this idea over the coming days and let you know what I 'feel'...

Are you thinking another 9/11 or something? We've had a few things this year with floods/earthquakes etc which have already dealt out some harsh 'happenings' in this world... We've also experienced some awful murders/neglect cases recently - maybe that's it? Or it might be building up to something worse. I hope not.

paradise lost Guest

YES! I almost put this post up myself! For WEEKS now. And yes, it's the same feeling i got pre 9/11, though at the time i thought it was ME who was going to die (because at 21 the biggest "death" i could think of was my own )

It abated a little when i was coming up to ovulate and hasn't yet come on hard again. I can't drink alcohol at all right now. It tunes me out of the sense, so when i sober up just now it's like being hit by a train!

Hope whatever it is comes soon, i'm not really having fun!

Bx

I had to stumble across this post didn't I....
    I have been feeling things 'building up', thought something might happen during the olympics (solar eclipse and all that), started to relax & bang here I am.
    I could be way off base but I something is brewing on all levels, personal & universal.

I got goose bumps & tears welled when I started to reading this thread... am I missing something?

I too have had this feeling- but i have had it SINCE 9/11- thought that would be start of all things changing....

Hmmm, maybe something will happen with the upcoming US presidential elections.... def time for a change there.

On a personal note-recently giving birth to my long awaited son was a huge thing for me that had been brewing for 5 years- i consider his birth a sign of better things to come.

*bump*

anybody picking up something brewing? It is only a few weeks before Samhain (northern hemisphere) and Beltane (southern hemisphere).

There are quite a few of the girls I regularly work with that are starting to get almost heavy feelings in their guts that something will happen at the end of this month - heck my belly feels like it has had a brick in it since last week.

Do you think it might be something that happens as a result of the stock market crash - flow on effects?

Any idea what punkin?

what we're picking up is that it will be on the magical realm, funny thing is that at least 2 of us are picking up that it will be from samhain energies and not beltane energies but will be in the southern hemisphere - but then again a lot of people work to the northern hemisphere wheel of the year in the southern hemisphere.

We're almost thinking that there will be some karmic retribution dealt out to those who need it. One of my friends is picking up some of the older "god/desses" will be coming out to play, more primeval beings from ancient religions (ie Sumerian etc). I just know my tribal guides are getting worked up, this morning before I meditated it was like a mexican standoff in my room between both tribal sides of my bloodlines - two of the boys were eyeing each other off, but it wasn't frightening, it was almost like they were trying to decide who will take the lead in protecting me.

I can also feel one of my totem animals pacing.

Sharon - its an interesting thread this - DH and I feel things too.

however, its more of "waiting" feeling now... not a build up anymore.. we're just waiting......

(Although DH has Oct 23/24 in his head...)

I find this interesting too. Although i don't feel anything right now, i must be a bit out of touch and concentrating on other things, like growing a baby!

Is it something bad you all feel? Call me paranoid but i hope not.

Have mild feeling of there being no future, not as bad as I have experienced in the past though. The last time I felt it was the weeks leading up to my sisters death.

For us a lot of things have been falling in place, even DH (who is not spiritual at all) has commented at how well things are working out for us. It is not perfect, there are a few hiccups. Little things are still hard, but the big things are great.

I feel it! I think that Karma is ripening - I think that energetically our world is maturing - the image I get is like a bag of "things" being shaken up and spilled out - I definitely think its Karmic...

This is what one of my girlfriends said about it
    It's a reckoning, a shift, it's the best words I have for it at the moment....
    Her totem animal is also going a bit nuts - usually our two animals go off and play together but both of ours are close to us, mine happens to be sitting under my desk at the moment and it isn't comfortable - he was outside before but has come back inside.

Yes, I've felt it building for nearly a decade. The frequency of a feeling that a large part of society as we know it is about to either crumble or be shaken has now climaxed to the point that it's kinda teetering... yes, waiting... and life for me has kinda gone into that slow-motion that happens when you are dealing with the start of a crisis. Like when Dh and I were driving along and saw the car infront of us clip a parked car and then flip... geeze it really did happen in slow motion.... DH pulling over... me running to the car... checking underneath to see if the elderly couple were ok... so slow... then other people joined me and started acting stupid (panicking etc and then real time re-commenced). Things shifted from wondering if it was just a personal build-up to a global build-up at about the time of 9/11. Now it's undoubtedly global. I see the Financial Crisis as being "symptomatic" rather than IT. I have been "seeing" vegetables growing on nature strips (the strip of grass between the footpath and the road). Like people have been using the land to grow food in the suburbs. I also have this overwhelming urge to collect every piece of wood/dead branches/ prunings. I feel like I want to squirrel everything away. I feel like that I am going to get to know my neighbours alot more closely...

What ever is going to happen I kinda feel a strong ambivalence: strongly attracted and frightened at the same time. I just hope it doesn't mean the end of internet connection and the loss of my BB friends.
    Last edited by Bathsheba; October 13th, 2008 at 03:29 PM.

I think we humans HAVE to become more intouch with our inate spirituality. As humans we are compassionate and kind - yet as a race we are acting AGAINST our inate natures... We are getting a shake up - we have chosen (as a race) to turn our backs on our true nature - we are getting a "good kick up the butt"...

Bathsheba - I hope it doesn't mean an end to the internet!!!!!

I have been feeling worried sick to my tummy for a while now but havent know why, I can seam to shift this feeling of thing going wrong and the sence of doom hanging over our heads, but not been able to do anything to stop them.... I just want to feel happy again, I cant sleep even asked my sprit guides to show me what to do in dreams but havent been able to remember what my dreams are... lol.... ( I am not normally a very spritral person so this is all very new and weird for me... )

As I was mopping the floor last night I was listening to an interview with the author of Affluenza (I can't recall his name) but he was saying a lot of things that made sense to me. One thing he said was that most people (especially in the media driven Western world) have lost their "inner freedom". We've been convinced that affluence will bring us more personal freedom but it hasn't... it's taken away our resourcefulness, creativity and independance of thought (as many of us are caught up with keep up with the Jones). So if whatever happens means less affluence then that's ok by me (very into Nana-technology here anyway as opposed to nanotechnology)... though I can't help thinking how many relationships will be put under pressure if we we lose the abilty to seek retail therapy. I sense that less people will be participating in a "workforce"... and that more time will be spent on the homefront... how hard that will be for people... to actually spend more time with their families.... day in day out... without the "escape" of going to work. I think it will ultimately be positive... but many people are going to struggle with the new changes as they unfold.
    Last edited by Bathsheba; October 13th, 2008 at 04:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast