Thread: Stopped Levlen 6 wks ago n no period yet

cutie Guest

Default Stopped Levlen 6 wks ago n no period yet

I stopped Levlen after 10 days of active pills. Now it has been almost 6 weeks. I had a withdrawal bleed few days after i stopped but no period since.

1) When will i ovulate again? Maybe it hasnt happened so I didnt get my period.

2) When I started the Pill, I didnt use other protection. Is it possible I conceived? But i was told since I had the withdrawal bleed then no.

I stopped the pill after the man I was dating broke up with me.

Hi Cutie,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your cycle after taking Levlen. Do you mean you only took the active pill for 10 days and then stopped it early?

I took Levlen for 9-10 years with only a few breaks and didn't have any trouble (don't know for sure I am ovulating though) when I came off it. Everyone is different though and it might have just thrown your cycle out a bit.

The only way to know if you are pg would be to take a home preg test or see your GP. I'm not sure about the withdrawal bleed meaning for sure you are not pg as bleeds and spotting can occur after falling pg, especially around the time that AF would have been due.

No one can say when you will ovulate again which is really frustrating. It might be a good idea for you to go back to your GP to discuss what's happening.

Good luck. I really hope AF returns for you soon!

cutie Guest

Tks. I'll give it another 2 wks n that would make it 8 wks. Then i go get it checked out. I heard many ppl get their periods around 30 days after stopping. Else a number have fallen pg within a mth.

funny you should say that as my first cycle off Levlen was 30 days and all the rest since then have been shorter by 1-3 days.

cutie Guest

30 days to AF? Thats what I thought so i m not following average. My cycle was quite regular prior to the pill.

Forgot to mention in the last wk, there were 2 days i felt so sleepy during the arvo while out. Yday I came home immed cos I was worried about driving home. Then I went to bed for a nap. No sore boobs. But bloating and gassy. No nausea.

Maybe you should POAS to check you aren't pg?

cutie Guest

Pardon me as I m new to the acronyms. What is POAS?

Today i came back after a meal with a friend. I was feeling so tired. I m hving some cramps in the pelvic region. My clothes r getting tighter every few days.

Hi Cutie

POAS is peed on a stick (home pregnancy test).

Sounds to me like you are most probably getting your period - most women find that they are different when not taking contraceptives.

But what you describe could also be pregnancy symptoms. I would suggest getting a home pregnancy test just in case as if you are more than 6 weeks off the pill but think that you may have got pg right away (am I reading that right?) then it would turn up on a HPT by now.

Good luck

brenjen Guest

I stopped taken levlen end of June, had period that lasted 7 days and then nothing? Doctor says nothing to worry bout but it's been 5 months. Have taken home pregnancy test and was negative and doc did blood tests but all clear.

After I went off the pill it took over 4 months to get a period other than the withdrawal bleed. My sister in law didn't get AF for over 8 months after going off the pill!! It is a pain when TTC, but has happened to a number of people I know.

brenjen Guest

so its good to know that i'm not the only one. i guess now its just a waiting game.