Thread: Those who use(d) the pill for cycle regulation

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Those who use(d) the pill for cycle regulation

Just a quick question - how long do/did you have to keep taking the pill to regulate your cycle? I am just wondering how long I need to keep taking the pill for. My cycles are heaps better now but I am worried if I come off it they will be heavy and horrid again...

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I took it for 3 months and now im back to 28 days again

31, 27, 28

Kelly,

I was on the pill in an attempt to regulate for many years.

Accupunture has been the best thing to assist with the yucky heavy stuff so much so I didn't have alot of pain with my endo this time. Hope this helps but I have been pill free since

OoOh fingers crossed then I am about to start my third month!!!

Linda - at least thats something else I can try if the pill doesnt work.

Thanks for sharing ladies
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

My cycle is only regulated while I'm taking the pill. As soon as I stop, it goes back haywire with cycles anywhere between 60 and 110 days in length. That's my PCOS kicking in though, so probably a different situation to yours Kelly.

Kelly,

I'm the same as Linda - the pill never hepled me (although i was a lot younger when I was on it, and that was before I had Luke)... but acupuncture has been a miracle for me - definately worthwhile, especially if you want to be pill free Which was a big YAY for me!!!

How often do you have acupuncture? Does it need to be ongoing?
    Kelly xx

Acupuncture doesn't need to be ongoing unless youhave an ongoing problem. If you have never had a regular period it may take a while to sort out but if it is just a case of post partum issues you will most likely just go for a while till it sorts itself and that will be it ( till you have no.3 and start the cycle all over again....hehehe). I got my cycle from 56 dyas to 28 within a month and it has been regular 28 -35 cycle ever since with only acupuncture for maybe 2 months once a week. You may not even need that much.

'Regular' acupuncture is roughly fortnightly... I went weekly initially, but my cycles were out of control.

Everyone I've spoken to that have started ac for cycle regulation has had success within the first month - and that was me too - and I was probably worst case scenario at the time

Your therapist will tell you what he/she thinks - fortnightly is great anyway to help with all the other lovely stresses you have as well!

Sounds good - might give it a bash as it has to be better than pill popping! Thanks ladies, glad I asked
    Kelly xx

Kelly my session go from once a fornight/month works really well to realx me as well session range from 40min to an Hour and also very good with other stuff to like headaches etc and even DH is going for his back and the sceptic loves it

I'm another one voting for acupuncture The number of sessions you need will depend on who you see and how quickly your body responds. Good luck!

there is a doctor who does accupuncture at the alfred - who bulk bills apparently.