Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone in Ballarat? playgroup?

chris74 Guest

Default Anyone in Ballarat? playgroup?

Hi all,

We moved from Melbourne to Ballarat about 3 months ago and we have no friends or family here at all. I am looking at joining a playgroup or to meet other mums in the area.
    Its getting tough, as Im really missing just chatting or catching up with friends. Its especially lonely when my husband goes to work and Im at home with my 1 year old.

Would love to hear from anyone who may be in the same boat or would be happy to catch up in a playgroup so our bubs can play too.

Christine

kaptv8 Guest

Hi Christine, Have you been able to catch up with a few people in Ballarat now? Where abouts in Ballarat did you move to. I'm also in Ballarat (Top of York Street) I can help you out with a couple of playgroups and also information for the Toy Library if you still need some help. I have twins also 1 years old they turned 1 on the 12th July. You can contact me by email [email protected] anytime.

Mandm Guest

Default New to Ballarat from Melbourne with 11month old boy

Hi
    We have moved from Melbourne 6M ago and I am still finding my way with limited success. If there are any other new mums/soon to be, new to Ballarat who would like to catch up for coffee/walk general "meet the people" it would be great.
    Our little boy is 11 months so meeting other kids would be good for him too.
    Please email me at [email protected]
    Regards

Andreae2 Guest

Hi
    I've been in Ballarat a few years now, have two boys, 7 yo and 18 mth old. Would really like to be in touch with any mums who have a similar aged child/ren. I work part time, and would really like to make some new friendships. I am an older mum. Please contact me at [email protected].

Default New Playgroup in Ballarat

Hi there,

we have just finished our Mothers Group sessions at the MHCC and currently have about 10 of us that are hoping to continuing on meeting. Am currently looking for a suitable venue preferably in Sebastopol/Ballarat area.

Babies ages range from 2.5 months to 7months. Let me know if your'e interested in joining. The more the merrier.
    [email protected]

hi my names kassie-marie im 20yrs and have a 7mth old baby girl im dying 2 meet other mums and bubs. So if u can help plz let me know.

hey my partner i would really love 2 meet others in the same boat as ourselves. Im 20yrs and have a 7mth old so if u can help plz let me know.

Hi there Yates jasper,

I'm not sure what you might be after but my mothers group do Baby gym on Wednesdays at the Sebas Community health centre in Vickers st. The sessions are run by the YMCA and cost $4 per child. Sessions run during school terms only so we don't start back until the last wed in january. These classes are for babies aged 5mo - 18mo and our bubs have a great time.
    The bubs get to sing songs in the group and then play on activity equip which is set up just for their age group so it's great. You can just turn up from week to week so theres no big committments needed.
    Classes start at 1pm in Weds.
    Hope this helps. :-)

hey this helps alot and id love 2 join the mothers group but im alot younger and some ppl dont take 2 that. Let me know what u think? Im very easy going and would love 2 meet ppl.

hey age is no barrier at all. This year there were also about 8 other young mums who would come along each week. Their babies are now a bit older than ours so are moving up to the kinder gym sessions held at the aquatic centre instead for 2008. There would be no hassles in just trying it our one week and it ifs not what you're after then there is no harm done.

No that sounds great so when do u start back, last wednesday in jan, so that would b the 30th? Id love 2 give it a go thanx so much. Just look 4 the shy girl in the corner!

yep the 30th sounds right. I wont be there that week as I have to work but the instructors name is Barb and she is just lovely and very welcoming. As I said, nothing to lose, potentially heaps to gain. :-)

thanx so much its much appriciated! ill let u know how i go, should i call 1st?

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Hi Kass 20,

.... I did the Baby-Gym in Sebas up until about middle of last year !!! .... Oh, by no means worry about your age as when I went, there were just as many younger Mum's about 20ish as those about early 30's. I didn't go every week and when I did there were only ever about 2 to 6 Mum's there, so not many when I went BUT all the same it made no difference how many were there as your little one will get just as much fun just simply by being there and doing the activities, etc.

.... Also I can tell you no older Mum will judge as they are far too busy keeping an eye on their own little one. And if, you do feel there might be someone doing so they obviously are narrow minded or if not, possibly a little envious of you that they don't have the same stamina that they wish they had when they were younger.

.... I had a friend have her 1st bub at 15. She has spent a lifetime being bitter and twisted and a bit envious of others BUT these days she has found some peace within herself ... Took her a long time to realise no matter what wonderful career or amount of money you have or amount of overseas travelling you have done, not many people truely have all that they think makes them happy.

You know you are happy when you have your good health, a roof over your head, at least one friend or/and family member for company and whom cares for you ... And most of all you look into your little Annabelle Marie's eyes and see the love she has for you and how happy you make her. Who could ask for more !!!

Give yourself a done of credit for doing all the wonderful things that you do for your beautiful little girl : )

im not one 2 cry but no one has ever said such a nice thing 2 me b4.........im kind of speachless, agian that im not one 2 b speachless. You have know idea what the post meant 2 me how much u'v automaticly changed the way i feel about my situation, so thank u.

hey bec i went 2 baby gym, i was great! Will u b there next week?

Hey Kass,

Am so glad you made it to Baby Gym (BG). One of my friends Naomi that goes with her little girl Mykayla said that you were there last week- I had told her to keep an eye for you on the first week. Isn't Barb the instructor great fun.

As for me and my DS Harry making it, we won;t be back unfortunatly until Feb 13 as I am no back at work fulltime until I take my next lot of Maternity leave in mid April. So for noe I can only get there once a month when I get an RDO :-(

Hope to see you then and check out this gorgeous girl of yours!

hey beck it was great seeing u with that beautiful lil man of ur's hope 2 see u this week!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast