Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in Ballarat? playgroup?

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Oh what a lovely post Emma ... geez never thought someone i met once could make me feel so much better with such kind words !!! ... And i kinda feel awful as i realised my words came out wrong (was having the repercussions of my brain working from the Wed incident, LOL) as i noticed my mentioning I don't go to playgroup to make friends, augh that must have sounded so terrible to you (??) ... what i meant to say with my normal brain working, LOL is that i go to playgroup not with the main intention of finding friends ... oh, feel better i got that out right now but what a bonus if we do as at Cendrine's 3rd birthday party i looked around and suddenly realised i had more adults there whom i had met at playgroups & other activities with her over time here in Ballarat ... & basically through having had Cendrine i may not have been fortunate to have met them here. So, in having said that Emma you will certainly have lots to look forward in meeting new people coming into your life just as i have over the past 3 years of Cendrine's life. But i'm guessing you would know that as you are very approachable & are clearly very friendly which makes for many to be drawn to you & it also helps to have a such a cute bubba like Eliza ... I laugh now when i think of it as Cendrine had severe colic for first 5mths months & all she would do is scream ... Um, i didn't look approachable with screaming bub so lived like a hermit for those months BUT i sure made up for after

By the way, that sounds great with the other playgroup with bubs about the same age as Eliza. I did something similar at the same age with Cendrine, we went one activity with children similar age & another where children were older. She loved both, it was just as long as there were toys & people were about she was simply happy. I've been told the baby/toddler gyms at Aquatic Centre is great ... I emailed them ages ago & they sent me info on costs, etc ... they were very helpful

Must go, gee you will think i'm gonna send a post this long everytime ... I won't be at playgroup next week as i'm trying out MOPS, just the timing as a friend has been asking me to try it as she goes ... if i like it i might go to the Wed playgroup once a fortnight ... So, Emma you take super care & will see you at playgroup week after if your there or sometime after that !!! ... Cheers for now xox

P.S - Found a new good hairdresser yesterday whom works from her home just around the corner from my house she even let me have Cendrine there what a bonus, she even had toys & popped on a dvd for her (& even made her a sanger, how nice) ... so my week turned out pretty great after all, LOL ;-)

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Hey Emma ... thought i'd drop you a line here (hopefully you might get to read it) & ask how you are settling in

By the way, going off the beaten track here BUT if your ever after a Dentist i tried one here last week (i divorced mine in Melb after 17years, thought easier to get one here ... more handy IYKWIM) ... BB member Nai (Naomi) whom lives in Melb recommended this female Dentist as her family that live here go to her. The Dentist's name is Anne Stewart, she is very friendly & informative (unlike my other Dentist) ... I must admit there fees are higher than the norm Dentist which i hadn't realised until i got a quote for my filling i'm having done next week (lucky me hasn't had one in years, ..touch wood, LOL).

Also if you haven't already gone to the Daylesford market that runs each Sunday, there is a cheery greek man (?) there that sells very fresh & very cheap dried fruit & nuts. I couldn't buy sultanas again from the supermarket ... his sultanas are so juicy, Cendrine can't get enough of them. Also there is a dry fruit & nut mix i'm also gonna get a ton of next trip to the market

A man at Trentham market sells fresh Garlic Crush in a jar (not preservative stuff) made in Ross Creek

Anyway, cheers for now & i'm sure we will see each other about again ... take super care of that gorgeous lil' lady of your's Eliza

Hi Lorelle, I did take note that you weren't there today, I acutally wasn't sure if we were going today, didn't last week as little brother had knee surgery so big sister babysitting him.
    There are 2 more new people I meet today and very nice people too. One is Siobhan she has a 2 1/2 yr old boy Ethan and a 7 mth old girl Cerena (i think that is her name I know it was an unusual one) and the other lady I can not remember her name but her daughter is 14 mths and Sophia. She has only been in Ballarat for a month and Siobhan I think couple of months. So I am glad I went along. Playgroup went well, NO DRAMAS.
    nOW i'M GOING TO HAVE A GUESS AT WHO THIS PERSON YOUR TALKING ABOUT. iS SHE YOUNG AND THIN AND HAVE BLONDIE BROWN HAIR UP IN A PIGGY TAIL.????? And sorry just realised I'm typing in Caps, couldn't be bothered delting it and re-writing it.

Anyway hope you two are well, and do hope we see you some stage back at playgroup.
    Em

P.S - Thanks for the details of the dentist and the food etc.

Hi again Lorelle, just want to apologise for the crappy email, I'm tired and was on the phone same time writing this.
    See there was a few spelling mistakes.

More to my previous email, we have settled in nicely all unpacked and this is now our "home" and it really feels like it too. Nice to be close to everything and be able to have Mum come here for a few days and it be just the girls.

Anyway I do hope again that you are well and hopefully soon will see you again at the playgroup. Try not to let her get to you too much, I'm know there's others like me that'll be there for you.

Em

smiles4u Guest

Hi ya Emma, Yeh i get like that can't be bothered fixing up spelling mistakes, caps, etc LOL

Yes, Kathleen said there were two new Mum's today, i love how the volunteers still get excited when new Mum's join as such. I feel so wrapt for you Emma that you got to meet them & obviously have just having moved here in common, gee you must have gone home feeling so great about that

Well, enough of my yaking, LOL ... i will come back i'm pretty certain as i secretly would miss the Xmas party for the kids if i didn't. Thankfully Cendrine hasn't questioned about playgroup yet but she does mention some kids there names.

If you don't see me about in Sept it's cause i'm heading up to the Maroochydore for a long deserved holiday (i feel ungrateful as i wish it was an overseas trip ... oh, i miss the traveling o/s) ... but will be ideal for Miss C. Also for just one day i'm catching up with two gals i met overseas on a Contiki tour years ago (one is flying from Sydney to Qld for the day/night & the other lives Brisbane) ... i've called it the " 3 Amigo's get together " as we travelled Mexico together at one point ... Should be a few laughs

Cheers now Emma, & stay behaved at playgroup ok , harrr ... hugs from Lorelle & Cendrine xOx

P.S - How wonderful you are feeling settled so soon ... that is just brilliant it's feeling like HOME !!

Hello, I am also new to ballarat i have three children two at school and one at home i have been living in ballarat for 5 months I to know no one here too.. we should meet for coffee one day ???[/

Hi "boardinballarat",
    I'm Emma and I've been in Ballarat, well Ross Creek, for 5 weeks now, feels a lot longer though. I have a 10 month old daughter Eliza, if you are interested I've started going to a playgroup on a Wednesday at St Peter's Parish in Ballarat off Sturt Street (pleasant Street Sth). You'll see on the cnr of Sturt and Pleasant is a petrol station and just next to it on pleasant is a one way sign go down their it'll take you past the hall where playgroup is and pop you out on another street (not sure of the name) that's where I park. It's a gold coin donation and just bring a piece of fruit to share. I've met some very nice people there and last week there were 2 other new people also new to Ballarat area. It starts at 10am til noon. Not sure what I'll be wearing however will definately have my cream coat on has fluff around the hood and I have glasses, and about 5ft 10.

Hope you can make it, otherwise I'm interested in catching for a coffee.

Hi emmakate
    Thank you for the invitation to playgroup on Wednesday i just have one question my daughter is 4 is she too old for your play group ? if not we would love to come tomorrow ill be wearing a white hoody with fur and blue jeans and i have blonde hair, it will be up..and my name is Tracy.... lol

Sorry emmakate but i will not be able to come to play group tomorrow as i have to go to Melbourne sorry again hope to catch up with ya soon for that coffee

Hi Tracey,

that's not a problem there's all sorts of ages, Eliza would be one the youngest other than that they are older, another nice lady I met Lorelle (she'll be reading this) LOL she has a daughter who is 3.
    Happy to catch up for a coffee any time, have fun in Melbourne off there Saturday for the day, scary never been in Melbourne by myself, thankfully taking the train up, can't get too lost.

Emma

Hi Lorelle, how are we?

smiles4u Guest

Wink

Hey Emma (gee i keep wanting to call you Em, bet you get that heaps ) ... Just popped in first time in a couple of days here, LOL withdrawals for me ... kind of got hooked after about 6mths of being on here
    Got Dentist appt tomorrow morn, lucky me ... oh well i haven't done too bad seeing i haven't had a filling in years, strangely i actually don't mind going to the Dentist ... always been a teeth freak (IYKWIM). Told my lovely GP about 6mths ago that i think Cendrine's teeth are yellow & she had to stop herself from laughing at me (mind you my partner Adam thought my worry was just as hilarious as the GP).
    This new Dentist i've just started going to said she recommends children to have their 1st checkup at about 3 - 3.5years of age, she said 2 years of age (like i thought) isn't necessary ... so will get Cendrine in for an appt when we get back from Qld later in Sept.
    By the way, speaking of Adam he 'might' take Cendrine to playgroup tomorrow while/or after i've been to dental appt depending if he needs to do any work via at home (he works Melb in IT). If he does go he has only been once before so if you see a Dad looking like a fish out of water (also he is mindful of 'that' lady so he might be scoping) ... he seems a bit shy but he certainly is easy to talk to if you see him about (So yeh, not 100% sure 'IF' he is going tomorrow ??) .

Emma, i highly recommend catching a V/Line train down to Melb on our own if your able to, just nice to have a break from the Mummy mode ... i do it about every 2 - 4mths, such a relaxing trip on a early Sat morn looking at all the country scenery & sheep, etc or buy a magazine at the kiosk on the train station & have a good read ... , i usually catch the 8.12am, i think it is ?? ... so get there in time when shops are open, etc ... !!! I was only there this Sat with Cendrine as Adam had to do some work in Richmond. She just loves all the people & trams there.

Cheers for now & chat to ya later Emma xox

P.S - TRACEY, yeh come along ... I only got to chat to Emma for a short time but YES she is lovely (and Eliza is just the cutest) ... When i 1st started going there were more 4 year olds but that can always change ... There is a sweet girl named Jess whom is 4.5years old (she has blonde hair & glasses, comes with her Dad Kenny) & there is Gabrielle (his Mum is Shani) i think he is 3.5years old. Yeh, my daughter turned 3 in May and she loves being around kids a bit older

Default incrusts patrick

Hi Lorelle,

Em is fine everyone calls me Em. I'd say I usually say Em when I feel comfortable with someone, lucky you hey!!!

I'll keep me eye out for him if he comes tomorrow, and will be looking forward to the day you come back LOL

Dentist, ewww I should go for a check it's been a WHILE. Hmmm I'll sit on that one

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Let you know how it goes ... have had a consultation with this lovely Dentist but it's another thing to have some drilling done, let you know if she's gentle

... Yeh, i will be back at playgroup at some point, will let you know when later on (just don't know when yet) ... I miss a couple of people there & having a natter with volunteers Kathleen & Denise in the kitchen ... Em, if you like any sweet slices that they have made they will gladly give you the recipes

Catch ya later lovely lady xox

hello again
    It wasn't much fun going to Melbourne i only went go go pick up our other car that has just come over from Perth so it was straight there and back .but i would really love too come to the next playgroup is it every Wednesday ? if so ill be there it will be nice to have a girly chat and get my lily out the house playing with kids around her age lol. My husband has just gone back to work so its just me and the kids again for a couple of days yeh
    anyway i hope to talk soon

Hi Tracey,

The playgroup is every Wednesday 10 til 12, was a good day today lots of little ones and then later on the bigger kids arrived. And today we sangs songs at the end and the kids played with musical instruments, that was a first for me.

Anyway, see you said you picked up your car which came over from Perth? So I'm taking it your from WA? How funny if true, we have just moved back here from WA (Bunbury). Lived there for just under 6 years, decided to come here to be closer to family now we have Eliza.
    And does your husband still work over there? Is he FIFO? My husband is he works on a gold mine in Agnew (near Leinster) 8 days away 5 at home, was 6 but he has to fly out a day earlier to get to work.
    Anyway basically at the moment I'm free Mon, Tues, some Wed arvos, Thurs arvos and Fri and of course the weekend. I am thinking of getting into something else, maybe the library where they do story time, but not sure.

Anyway talk soon.

Cool red

Hello
    Yeah me and my husband are born and breed in WA we moved over here for work in the LGL gold mine here in ballarat But as you probably know that has closed down.So now he is working at Stawell 8 n 4 .I moved over here so he could be home every night and now we are back to him being away again so as you could Imagen i am a bit ****ed...
    Anyway enough of that.I am signing up to start Avon tomorrow so that will give me something else to do here that and all of the puppy training .I got a puppy last week so we are off to puppy school .

smiles4u Guest

Wink

Em & Tracey gee you two have something big in common there with Hubby's working mining industry

Hey Em, ... Ads survived playgroup yesterday although he was bit overwhelmed by the 'recent' topic by volunteers & others as like me we would rather forget about it. But at the same token he thought how lovely the volunteers care so much ... Also he was surprised not many were there in comparison when he came once before sometime last year & that there are not as many older children. I had to explain that 'those' older children have all started 4year old Kinder this year. It's funny seeing Cendrine being an older one there now as when she 1st started i would have to put her in bright coloured clothes as she was so short i struggled to see her.

He said she just loved being there yesterday after a couple of weeks absence & she was talking about playgroup ALL day yesterday & her ' friends' there, so i'm glad Adam took her.

Wanna laugh i asked him if he met a woman from WA, he said "Nah " but in the next breath he said he met a lady named Emma, LOL So if it was you Em he thought you were really lovely.

I said to him, OMG hope you didn't breath on anyone ... as he is getting over a sore throat

Well, without yaking here too much longer ... dental appt went brilliant, wow this Dentist is just so wonderful, extremely gentle & explains absolutely every minute detail to you so your not in the dark about anything ... So, if you ever need one here & are interested in seeing her yeh look Dentist Anne Stewart up (she has a gorgeous soft soothing Glasgow ascent too)

Cheers now xox

P.S - I've been thinking of taking Cendrine to Story Telling at the library again as last time she went when about 2 she wouldn't keep still & kept sitting on the ladies lap while she was trying to read, oh so embarrassing ... Reckon she would be better now & she has a fascination with libraries as she has a book titled ' Big Bird goes to the Library '.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast