Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in Ballarat? playgroup?

Hi all,
    Thought you may like to know of another playgroup in ballarat that I've just started going to. It is very relaxed and easy going and suitable for kids from 0-5. details below;

Where: St Columbus Primary School - Multipurpose Room, Gregory St Ballarat (off lydiard st)
    When: Mondays 9:15 - 11am
    Cost: FREE!!!
    BYO: piece of fruit for your child to share for morning tea!

The room is only newly built so is lovely & warm with plenty of toys, equipment for the kids and best of all is a decent sized room so the kids can happily run wild while still in your sight!

RenHinde Guest

ahh, this might be just what i was looking for...

i wont be able to go until after this bubs is born (11 more days) but i would love to after that... might help to know someone who is there already tho...

if anyone wants to add me on msn, [email protected] would love to chat

Hi ther RH- yeah always more than welcome, runs every Mon during term. I.m not on MSN but am on facebook if that helps
    find me under; rebekah fraser foster
    cheers
    best of luck with bubs- hope he/she doesn't make you wait too long!

smiles4u Guest

Talking

Oh THANKS a million REBEKAH for the info

If I ever have a Monday free I will be sure to pop by during school term to check it out

... If you or anyone else is ever interested there is a great (indoor only) playgroup I go to every Wed during school term ... Also has lots of toys, playdough & drawing area & massive play area !!

" St.Peter's Church Playgroup " 1307 Sturt Street (near Pleasant St, end) held in the hall in the lane way at the back of the church.

Wed 10am to 12noon.

No fee, though a coin donation is much appreciated.

Bring a piece of fruit for the children to share (& your child's own drink).

Free coffee, tea or milo for adults (& biscuits, sometimes cake).

Both Mums & some Dads there

Very welcoming & friendly atmosphere !!

Cheers from Lorelle (& 2 year old Cendrine) in Ballarat

Smile Moving to Ross Creek (Ballarat) - Play group

Hi, I have an 8 month old daughter and we are moving from WA back to Vic in 2 weeks. We'll be living in Ross Creek near Ballarat and I'd really like to get into Play group and to meet other Mums and bubs around the same age, as we don't any friends in Ballarat.

Hi emma,
    have just come across your post now.

I have been taking my 2 kids (2.5yo & 13months) to the playgroup at St Columbus Primary School on Monday mornings for the past 2 years and really like it there.

It is not affiliated with the school, we just use their nice & new indoor & warm multipurpose room. Very casual group of mums with kids ranging in age from newborns to 4yo. No weekly cost and you just bring some morning tea for your own children.

If you're interested in coming along for a look (no obligation) let me know and I'll make sure I'm there that week as I now work on some Mondays.

Hi Rebekah, thanks for that, fly out Thursday shall be in Ballarat Monday but won't that one 6th as busy unpacking. Once I'm set up I'll get on here, though am on facebook a lot more (terrible i know) under Emma Spong, pic of me and my daughter.
    Anyway shall write back again once settled in.

Many
    Thanks
    Em

smiles4u Guest

Wink

Hi Emma, ... I still go to the St.Peter's playgroup on Wed as i mentioned in my earlier post so if you ever wanna try it out let me know so i can look out for you ... or you for me as we wear a name tag (there are a few crawling bub's there)

Cheers from Lorelle & Cendrine (now 3)

no problems, Emma, hoe the flight goes well.
    Next week is the last week on school holidays so it wont start back until Mon July 13.
    Safe travelling!

Hi, have finally arrived in very cold Victoria and settled in at our new place in Ross Creek. Lorelle you probably won't get this post in time, will you be there next Wednesday? I'd love to get Eliza out to meet other little kiddies, she's now crawling everywhere and pulling herself up on anything she can. And Beckstar next Monday might pop out to the one you go to, can you tell me again which one that was?

Cheers
    guys

Emma

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Hi Emma ... hey i must say WELCOME to Vic ... and OMG it's just the worst time in Winter to arrive so i soooo feel for you, wow what an adjustment for you all !!!

I might (??) be at the St.Peter's playgroup tomorrow ... BUT next *** Wed 22nd of July *** i will be there with bells on as lucky you has picked the BEST day to go as there will be an ANIMAL FARM visiting (they did the same thing about a year ago, the donations towards playgroup each week last year had paid for it). I sadly missed it last year as it was the same day as my DP's Gran's funeral date.

The ANIMAL FARM will be there from 10am but i don't know until what time though as playgroup is usually 10 - 12. For the " Animal Farm " the playgroup is asking for a gold coin donation.

The Animal Farm will be indoors (as the playgroup is), apparently last year they laid a huge tarp down for the animals & the kids got to each have a turn in holding the baby animals & i think feed them too, So ELIZA will love it , so will my DD (she's now 3) ... EMMA don't forget to bring a camera to take pics of Eliza with the animals.

St.Peter's Church Hall is in the LANE WAY at the back of the church (just listen for the sounds of kids, that's how i found it the first time, LOL).

Address of the church is 1307 Sturt Street (Pleasant Street end of Sturt Street) !!

I always have my name tag on in bold letters LORELLE, so you shouldn't miss me. If not ask one of the older lady volunteers there & they will tell you which Mum i am there

P.S ... Tell Beck to come next week too ... As it most likely won't have an Animal Farm for another year if it happens again !!

Hi Lorelle sounds great will definately see you then next Wednesday around 10am whenever Eliza wakes, we're still in WA time with her waking up and going to bed.

Hi Beck, if you're interested too, in next Wednesday as per Lorelle's message about coming along to the animal farm. A bad phrase but a bit like killing 2 birds with one stone the 3 of us meeting.

Anyway will diarise those details and look forward to meeting up.

It certainly is cold too, my fingers are going to drop off LOL

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Your telling me Emma ... i was just coming back into the house before after getting my towels out of the drier in the garage and i actually thought of you & what a shock to the system it must be for you being so [email protected]@dy cold and my next thought was yeh i've been living here in Ballarat for 4years now & i still can't get use to it, brrrrr !!!

My DD's G8-G8 Uncle who lives around the corner to use has lived here for about 55yrs & even he whinges about the weather here ... Surprising local natives of Ballarat i thought that wouldn't no any different will have a niggle about the coldness, LOL

*** YES, Beck ... so hope you see our posts and come along next Wed (22nd)

(If i'm not there at 10, i will be there by about 10.20am at the latest ... i will be there until the end, so come anytime ok !!!)

cold cold cold, silly me still sitting at computer when I should be down near the fire and cleaning up and going to bed, though waiting to bed to get warm from electric blanket, thank god for that invention.
    I've got 3 layers on up top and leggings under my jeans and still cold....LOL

Got myself set for next week on the calender, really looking forward to it. Certainly won't forget camera...

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Hey Emma i went to playgroup today ... and i thought geez i better mention to you to rug Eliza up in really warm clothes & you too. Today i found i had to leave my coat on for the 1st time ever there There are heaters around the hall walls (one wasn't working today, hope they get it fixed as it's my fav spot to stand under to have a cuppa, LOL) but unfortunately it's an old building with an extremely high ceiling ... But in Summer it's fantastic

I meant to mention if Eliza eats fruit (not sure if she does at her age ??, like nibble on banana) ... Parents bring a piece of fruit for the kids to share (you don't worry about bringing any if Eliza's not going to eat any) . Also you can have a cuppa (coffee, tea or milo), biscuits & the elderly volunteers bake a couple of sweet treats

Last playgroup before Xmas is simply fantastic ... Xmas goodies everywhere, everyone brings a plate to share (last year was mostly sweets) ... the kids get to decorate a live Xmas tree ... & best of all Santa comes & gives the kids (all ages, babies too) a present

See ya next Wed Emma ... if you need to know anything else just PM or post msg here

P.S - I'm about 5' 6 tall with curly brunette hair (will either have bright green or purple short coat on). Cendrine has light brown longish bob style hair & brown eyes !!

Ummm cold will remember to rug up even though have been already.

Will bring some fruit, Eliza eats all sorts.

I'm 5"10 reddy brown hair just pass shoulders and glasses. Eliza you may recognise when we get there for her spikey blonde hair, still short but long on top and sticks straight up. If not she'll have a hot pink beanie on with a pompom and tassles down the side of it.

See you next week

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Was so wonderful meeting you Emma and your Eliza is such a pretty little girl, i so loved her gorgeous hair reminded me of Cendrine's at the same age although her's was darker
    I was heartbroken when i realised after i spoke with you that i had missed my only child's 1st pony ride & i had my camera all ready for it, .. oh well teach me for being friendly to others, i can only laugh now, LOL ... I have been happy to help out any newcomers to Ballarat as when i first moved here i knew no one & had no contacts of reference which i later found out that certainly does helps to know (wish i had come across BB earlier).
    The " Mainly Music " program run by the Salvo's i mentioned to you that Cendrine has gone to since 6mths old. Has a 10.30am session on a Tuesday and two sessions on a Fridays 9.30am & 11.30am (I go to). It's $3 for a 30mins sing & dance session & later a plate of nibblies for the kids & drink (and cuppa & biscuits for the parents). Every ten sessions a child is given a gift. Every Mother's day, special times like Easter & Xmas parents are given a little handmade thoughtful gift. If you are interested just ring the Salvation Army head office in Ballarat on cnr of Eureka St & Main

I mention the Walker St Playgroup & (Eureka) Mainly Music as they not advertised.

There is a " Mainly Music " in others areas like Delacombe & another area of Ballarat going North (not sure where) !!

Anyway, hope that info helps some ... be great when Eliza starts walking & is more mobile so much to look forward to in the years to come, many fun things to do & also together for you both. Oh which reminds me i think there is a Baby Gym that still runs in Vickers St Sebastopol at the communtiy centre across the road from the park (took Cendrine there until 15mths). I'm sure the Aquatic Centre has them there too !!

Cheers now & might see you about ... take super care & once again was so lovely to have met you & sweet Eliza

Hi lorelle,
    Thank you so much for your lovely email was wonderful to meet you (finally put a face to a name) and your daughter Cendrine was beautiful bubbly happy child.

I'm shocked to hear about the incident as I was totally unaware of all of it didn't hear anything. Terrible for you to have to be yelled at or spoken to rudely in a place where little kids play and are there to enjoy themselves and not to witness something like that.
    Will be interesting if they come next week; which we plan to. Yes it was different as majoirty of other kids are older then Eliza walking around. Don't think it really phased her at all was just happy seeing other kids playing and also she gets to play with toys she doesn't have.

I've also had 2 calls from other groups, one is the Smythesdale/Ross Creek one that's next Tuesday and the other I'm waiting on a call back, they are a group that have bubs from about 6 months to 10 months which will be good to have some around Eliza's age.

And please don't apologise for not saying goodbye, I was too busy wrapped up in Eliza's world and never saw you leave for me to come over and say thankyou and bye. I did see you outside when I left but didn't want to bother you, you looked in deep conversation with another Mum.

Thanks for all those playgroups ideas, will definately look into them and I do want to do the baby gym one, went along to one with a friend back in April when we were here for holidays in Kynten looked so much fun, Eliza may be right to go with crawling.

Hope next week is better for you and hopefully see you there.
    You take care too
    Em

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast