Thread: Another December Bub!

Default Another December Bub!

It's taken a while, certainly longer than expected, but I am finally a Mum in training. Little Squishy is due on the 5th of December (though I am sure that will change).

I just wanted to share that with others who get just how big a deal that is. It sounds odd but even though everyone I love (with exception of hubby) is excited it takes all of 10 min for them to go back to themselves. I have only just found out (at home test yesterday arvo, Dr confirmed today) and have gone from a total high to "what happened".

The Dr didn't believe me but I insisted I do the test and hey I'm right. The real downer was when I was asked how old am I and did I plan it. Firstly I have seen this guy 3 times in the last two months with concerns about not being pregnant yet (great listening skills) and secondly who cares how old I am. As it happens I am 26 and known my husband since I was 13, enganged for 5 years and married less than 6 months - I think I know what I am getting into here. Definetly time for a new Dr.

As for the reactions of others I've had a mixed bag. My Mum has asked three times am I certain, no I made it up, of course I am certain. Dad wanted to remind me that I could still miscarry (what? thats supposed to help me?) and the inlaws wanted to talk about their cars and their youngest son. I am not sure what I expected but it all seems depressingly uneventful.

I do get it that this is big for me not them but I thought that given the gravity of the situation it might be a little different. I wondered if anyone else had that moment of "is that all?"

My family (Husband, Dogs and I) are happy and at the end of the day that's what counts. Though in all honest I think the dogs were just picking up on the enthusiasim of us both.That said I am over the moon and can't wait to meet this little person.

OMG what a shocking reaction from your family. Don't worry about them! It's WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Huge congratulations!!!

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy! Enjoy the ride!!!

Just wanted to wish you all the best!! It is SOOOOOO exciting And as Celsie says, don't worry about anyone else.

Enjoy the journey!

Default Thanks Celsie

Thanks for that, I'm glad I wasn't being strange about it all. I'm sure they will all come through in the end, I just didn't expect their reactions.

I can't change my family, just love them for what they are. BUT I will change my Dr, no love lost there.

Congratulations! don't worry too much about others, they will never be as excited as you are (except your hubby) although they should be somewhat excited for you!!! It's a huge deal! It's a miracle.... unfortunately these days there are many ppl wrapped up in their own little worlds that they can't stop even for 5mins to give you your 'moment'

Enjoy your pregnancy!!!

Hey! CONGRATULATIONS!

You have a right to be complete over the moon. Try making a little diary for the bub.....that way you can put down all of your excitement - and not have the worry of other people's reactions.

Not everyone gets favourable responses from the family/friends around them - and it's totally upsetting......but don't let them rain on your parade! It's ok to be totally and utterly thrilled!

When I was UTD with my 1st bub - only my Grandfather responded positively - and his response was "It's about time!"......lol. Now I have 3 gorgeous kiddies, and EVERYONE that meets them is green with envy at how fabulous they are.....it's sweet!

xx

Firstly congratulations on your pg!!!!

Im sorry that your Dr was so rude and that your family were so uncaring. You have every right to feel over the moon and excited. It would seem that your family havent experienced or cant remember the rollercoaster of TTC and finally getting that ever elusive BFP, so they cant grasp just how absolutely exciting and life changing it is for you. Im sorry your family couldnt share in your elation.

As for the Dr, definantly time for a new dr. A few years back I thought I was pg, and when the Dr was performing the urine pg test he asked me if I would keep the baby!! The test was neg and I wasnt pg, but I can tell you I never went back to him.

Just so you know, I am due 5 Dec as well. You are very welcome to join our Due in Dec Belly group.

Take care,

awww congrats, I'm sure everything will be fine ...

congratulations!!
    its such an exciting time dont let anyone dampen it

congratulations!!

Congratulations on your pg!!!!!!!!

As for the comments, it must be going around.... when we announced our news to my MIL & SIL over the phone as they are interstate, we got more "its still very early" and all the rest of it than actually excitement.....???? You would think that after 3 years of TTC and getting a BFP would be something to get excited about?? People just dont get it.. It was all made better when I told a friend who absolutely went ballistic and was SO excited. barhumbug to anybody who tries to take away our joy!!!

Have a wonderful and H&H Pregnancy..

I am due a few days before you on the 2nd December!

take care,

MIT - A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR FAMILY!!!!!

I would change doctors hon. It is a shame that your families did not share in the excitment. I am sure they'll get excited closer to arrival time. I learnt a long time ago not to place any expectations on grandparents, you'll just get dissapointed. As long as you and DH are happy then that is all that matters.

Default Thanks for the support.

Hi all,

Thankyou for all the support and love, I have managed to bounce back. I think it just took a little time to sink in cause its slowly starting to improve. It turns out that the families are telling everyone and are very excited, and the people who find out are excited - they just havn't called or emailed us to congradulate us. Odd but at least it explains the lack of response (we are interstate on our own at the moment).

BekZ - I have an appointment with a new GP in a practice closer by that has two female Dr's that we've heard good things about. They both look "Indian" so the "go to the Indian lady cause she's the best" was not too helpful. I just asked to see the most compasionate and understanding Dr of the two. We'll see but I can't imagine she will be as bad as the last one.

LisaC - Congradulations, you're just a few days ahead of me. Did you see the message from Diamond Girl? She recommended joining the Dec 1 - 15th Belly Buddies group. They're very nice and its good to see how your experince is in relation to others in the same boat. I knwo my mind has been put to ease so much (i'm getting the whole cramps thing and was so worried about m/c until others mentioned it too). Hope to see you there!

Big love and best of luck to all of us, no matter where we are on this journey.

Just want to say, "I AM VERY EXCITED FOR YOU!!!".

Congratulations!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

Congratulations!! Don't let anyone rain on your parade! Wishing you a wonderful, happy and healthy pregnancy.