Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A bit of a scary time for us ...

Hi Snod,

I just thought I would post this as someone who has had an ectopic to try and put your mind at ease - I hope you don't mind.

I found out 3 weeks ago that I was pregnant (did a HPT) at about day 17 into my cycle. Hadn't ovulated so new I had to be pregnant from my previous cycle so what I thought was my AF mustn't have been.

The bleeding that I had which came on the day my AF was due was quite heavy and really dark brown and it stayed around for 10 days (was only heavy for about 3 - 4 days). I just assumed I hadn't gotten pregnant and that AF was just being horrible. The only pain I felt was around what I thought was my third day of my period and it was quite horrible (but I get cramps so didn't think too much of it) and I nearly fainted.

The bleeding stopped after about 10 days but my boobs were still so so so sore (very unusual for me) so I did a HPT about 3 days later. BFP, so straight of to the Drs and she sent me for an early scan and a bloodtest.

They couldn't find the baby in the uterous so based on the results of my blood test (HCG Levels were about 7800 - I would have been 7 weeks and 1 day!) they realised they should have been able to see the baby, so went looking for an ectopic. I didn't have any pain except that one day.

To cut a very long story short, your HCG levels are still low, so probably too early to see the baby yet. Thats what they told me, the only reason they thought it was an ectopic was because my HCG levels were so high.

I'm hoping and praying that your DH has super sperm and that it is simply too early. What you are experiencing doesn't sound like what I did, so I really really really hope that is a very good sign for you.

Its a horrible thing waiting and I really wish you and your DH all the best.

Liss.

Oh Snod I'm so sorry I've only just seen this. [-o< you and your little bean are ok and sending you lots to :bluestick: inkstick:

Snod, sorry I missed this earlier, Im really [-o< that you and little bean are ok. Hope your scan goes well this week too.

Snodgrass Guest

Thanks Lissd - that's made me feel a lot better. I am very sorry to hear what happened to you - it must have been horrid.

I've had no bleeding since Friday except for a faint tinge when I've done No 2s (sorry TMI ). Still no pain and I did a really dark HPT today so I know our bean is in there somewhere.

I'm sure you're right and as time goes by and still no pain I'm feeling more and more confident.

Two more sleeps and I'll know for sure! \/

Fingers crossed for you!!!!!!! I pretty sure it will be ok!!!!! The ultrasound will put you out of your misery then you can enjoy your pregnancy.
    :luck:

Good luck Snod! I hope you have a little bean right were it should be

Tanya

Hope everything goes ok on Wednesday! Fingers crossed [-o<

mards Guest

Snod, any news?

Snod.

Im so sorry to hear this.. I know you from here and WC. I want to wish you luck tomorrow at your appointment and I hope all goes well, are they also measuring your HCG again?

Bel

Snodgrass Guest

So far so good. I haven't bled since Saturday and have had no pain. And I threw up today.

I think it's going to be okay [-o< Thanks for all your kind words - I'll post tomorrow after the scan.

sonsangel Guest

Great news Snod.
    Good Luck tomorrow I'm sure you will see that bubs is swimming around fine. Take Care.
    Will be thinking of you and check in tomorrow arvo.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you.

*Beccy* Guest

Snod ~ I don't know you, but please know that I am thinking of you and hoping for a fantastic scan for you tomorrow!

Beccy :flower:

Fee Guest

Good luck with the scan today Snod.

Snod I only just saw this post today (I never come in this section). So sorry to hear about your scare. I hope that your scan shows that everything is perfectly normal sweety.

Good luck with the scan Snodgrass

*TamaraP* Guest

Snod - I hope your no news is good news [-o<

Quote Originally Posted by *TamaraSP*
    Snod - I hope your no news is good news [-o<
    Me too! I'm quite anxious to hear how it is all going??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast