Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A bit of a scary time for us ...

mards Guest

Any news Snod?

Snodgrass Guest

Well the short answer is we still don't know. I've stumped everyone from the radiographer to the gyno consultant!

We have 4 alternatives, none of which completely fit:
    Molar pregnancy
    Ectopic
    Miscarriage that hasn't come away yet
    Viable

I have no pain and have had no spotting since last week. My levels last Tuesday were 1100, on Thursday they were 640 but now they're up to 1680. That's not high enough for molar, but there are dark bodies in the uterus (could also be clots, which isn't necessarily bad). The rise in HCG points away from miscarriage. The lack of pain points away from ectopic. But they can't find a gestational sac, so that points away from a viable pregnancy.

I have to have another scan on Friday and more blood tests to see what my HCG levels are doing. They were initially going to give me a D&C today but they don't want to do that if there's any chance of viable pregnancy.

So I'm back where I started - any pain or bleeding and straight to emergency again!

So sorry to hear all this is happening. your in my thoughts, and sincerely hope that by next scan they can see a little bub. i will be [-o< for you.
    Roslyn

Oh no Snod, more waiting. Fingers crossed there is a sticky little bubba in there that's just a little bit camera shy

Thinking of you Snod!! I hope friday gives you some asnwers and some good ones at that!

Thinking of you

Tanya

Tigergirl1980 Guest

OMG how awful and still no answer. [-o< that everything will be ok.

Thinking of you, and keeping fingers crossed for Friday :hugs:

Snod I am so sad that you didn't get the answers that you were desperately seeking. I am still praying [-o< that it is a viable pregnancy. What is a Molar anyway?

I hope all went well on Friday Snod!

Tanya

Snodgrass Guest

Well, here's an update.

HCG was 1700 on 5/4, up to 2000 on 7/4 and yesterday were 2600. So they're rising too slowly.

The scans didn't show any gestational sac and they were thinking a molar pregnancy or ectopic or missed miscarriage (when everything stays inside) or (small chance) viable. The scan showed various dark blobs in my uterus.

This morning I saw the senior radiology consultant

Now I have only two blobs, which he says are sacs, and the hollow in my uterus is quite big (which explains why my tummy feels very hard). He has discounted ectopic (thank God) and molar and thinks the most likely situation is that the pregnancy has failed but stayed in there and there is still some "material" in there producing HCG. But he does think it strange that they dropped, then rose again.

There's still a small chance of a viable pregnancy, although he thinks that he should see a heartbeat by now. But because my levels are a bit weird, he's still not quite sure. If it's viable, there are two babies in there. Twins - eeep!

He thinks that all the blobs I had were in fact small sacs, so there were originally about 7 in there. The rest of them have disappeared (been absorbed) and the 2 that are there are getting bigger.

Because I'm feeling really well and there's no risk to my health even if the pregnancy has failed, I have to wait for a week and see him again on Wednesday 19th, after having more blood tests that morning. It's possible I may miscarry completely in the meantime. If so, I'm supposed to keep everything in a container and take it in.

Oh, and a molar pregnancy is when 2 sperm fertilise 1 egg and it multiplies rather like a cancer on the placenta. It looks like a bunch of grapes. Symptoms are grossly elevated HCG, increased nausea and vomiting and hypertension.

So we're just waiting. Again!

Oh sweetie big hugs coming your way
    Glad you are feeling well but Im really praying that the bub/s stick fast [-o<
    :bluestick: inkstick:

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwwwww still waiting, I hope that it turns out to be a viable pregnancy and your bubba/s stick.

Oh Tanya I truly hope everything goes well for you.

I have all my toes and fingers crossed for you honey. inkstick: :bluestick:

Fingers crossed for you girl!!! [-o< for you.

jess127 Guest

Snod hope you get some good news soon.

Fingers crossed.

Take care

Oh Snod, I am sorry that you have had to go through this , I am thinking of you and my fingers are crossed for next wednesday...

em.. Guest

snod, i really hope that this is viable and bub sticks..

will be thinking of you...

liz

Oh huni, my thought are with you at this hard and difficult time, I hope that there's a bubba in there for you. [-o<

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast