Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleeding

paradise lost Guest

Hey Trish,

I've been keeping an eye on you over here, thought i'd hop in now!

I know at least 2 women who got pregnant, their period was late but they were SURE they were going to get it because they were crampy/spotting, but no, little bubs was just getting dug in deep. One had this at/until 5wks the other was travelling, super-busy, and it was only when she realised the pains/spotting she still had when her period was 3 weeks late were probably stretching (it was her 4th). Both had healthy little boys.

Good luck and lots of

Hana

Oh my, how slow am I! So Sorry I have missed this Trish & I hope things are going ok for you.

Biggest hugs in the world & fingeres crossed for you.

tiggy Guest

Trish,
    Only just found this, hun. Thinking of you.

Default Trish

Hope you're feeling much better, are so many reasons why you could be spotting - My sister had her period for the first three months - didn't know she was pregnant untill she was 4 months gone!!!! Best of luck though, I know it's hard at this stage and I'm wishing you 'speedy answers' to your scary questions. xoxoxoxo

Thanks girls. I had repeat bloods done yesterday. Feeling like a pin cushion. I get the results back on Monday. Forgot to ask Dr about a repeat scan. Will do it when I call her tomorrow, hopefully I remember to do so.

~Belinda~ Guest

Hi Trish

I am praying for you today. I hope everything is ok and you get your blood tests back tomorrow and all is fine.

Thinking of you.

Trish that hcg result is great. REally good. It is too late for an implantation bleed but if you have a little haematoma there that is very likely where the bleed is coming from.
    Rest as much as possible. Drink lots of water. Take extra folate (more than the recommended doseage. Eat folate rich foods (especially strawberries - many older midwives suggest strawberries when bleeding in pregnancy ).
    MOst of all know that you have a whole LOT of women praying, hoping and barracking for you and your little one!

Aww Thanks a heap for that Deb. I havdn't heard that about the strawberries, and I am bad, I never take pregnancy vitamins, can't stomach them. But I was looking at some Elevit yesterday, they look more manageable.

If I can get their on well wishes alone I think I am home free

Debbie Lee Guest

Glad to hear your HCG levels are good, Trishy Hugs.

Thanks princess. Hows your bubba going ?

~Belinda~ Guest

Trish, hi, I've been taking Elevit now for almost 2 months. I took it a whole month before I started trying to conceive. A lot of my girlfriends who have had babies recently swear by Elevit. It's not too pricey if you go to CHEMIST WAREHOUSE. They had them there for $19.99 for a 30 pack. I opted for the 100 pack for $48. They are a good investment in your pregnancy. If you get ELEVIT from a normal chemist, they are dearer so see if your area has a CHEMIST WAREHOUSE.

My sister also has a cleft palate little boy I don't think she took folic when she was pregnant.

Google Elevit and Blackmores and see the difference between them both. I think Elevit has higher levels of some things. Anyway, I feel it's not too hard to swallow, Caro is right, a little bigger than a panadol cap.

I'm praying for you though Trish and I hope you get the all clear from your doctor tomorrow. The fact that your HcG levels are that high is a major positive I believe!
    Last edited by Lucy; April 22nd, 2007 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bindy~ View Post
    [COLOR="magenta
    My sister also has a cleft palate little boy I don't think she took folic when she was pregnant.
    I didn't think cleft palate was caused by not taking enough folate? I thought Folate was to prevent things like Spine abifida (sp?)?

Hey Trish, if you're not too keen on pg supplements at this stage, you can always just take Folic acid, the tablets are teeny tiny, and it's very cheap. I took them along with a pg supplement for the first 16 weeks so I was getting extra folate.

I'm with the others, I take Elevit too, and it's not bad at all. Only one a day, and it's not a bad size. The difference I felt when switching to it was incredible, I was so much less tired etc!

Good luck hun, more well wishes coming from this direction, I'll be anxiously awaiting your results too

FJ, I think it has been shown that folate can also reduce the risk of cleft lip/palate.

~Belinda~ Guest

Hi FJ, yes it may have been a contributing factor of cleft palate unfortunately that's what sis said but that was 11 years ago now (so long ago!)

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hanging out to hear about your results tomorrow, still have everything crossed, praying and hoping that things will be ok.

~Belinda~ Guest

Goodness me B456, constipated! Awful. About 3 of my mates have been on Elevit and I am also on it. No constipation for any of us - lmao with your comment I guess that is what makes all our bodies so different. Trish, all you can do is try Elevit and see how you go.

Good luck for tomorrow! Thinking of you.

Brooke, that happenned to a friend of mine as well.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast