Thread: Engagement ring. On or Off?

Default Engagement ring. On or Off?

When should I be taking off my engagement ring due to swelling? Will it get stuck on if I don't?

I you are anyhting like me, then you'll know when it is time to take it of. I don;t remember how far along i was, but i got REALLY puffy hands and feet, and it felt like my fingers were going to fall off if i left them on. Once my wedding and engagement rings were off, i kept them on a gold chain that i wear all the time, coz i didn't want to just leave them lying around. Once I had DD, the swelling didn't go down immediately, so it was about 4 weeks or so (i think) before i could put them back on again.

long story, short - leave them on until it is painful

I agree
    I had mine on right up until I was in labour but I had to take them off as we ended up with an emergancy ceaser so they had to come off
    Good luck
    xo

I found that with both my wedding and my engagement rings on, my finger was swelling and becoming painful by about 8 weeks. I was also scared that if I left it on too long I would have to get it cut off and I wasn't in for that! So I took just my wedding ring off and it relieved the pressure enough to keep wearing my engagement ring (I chose to keep on the engagement ring as diamonds are far more valuable than a plain gold band!!). But I will go by my instinct as to when the right time is to take off the engagement ring. Probably if I can't get it off a couple of days in a row I will take it off and put it on a chain. But also bear in mind that we are in the heat of summer so our hands will be swelling more now than in a few months time when the weather gets cooler. So that may mean that I may get away with my engagement ring a little bit longer!

my fingers seem to go up and down all the time at the moment, but when my engagement and wedding ring feel tight, i take them of and put them on a necklace that i wear, that way i still have them with me.

With each of my PG's I had different swelling, with my last DD I didn't swell much and so I didn't need to take it off. A word of warning though, make sure you put it in a safe place or buy a sturdy chain to wear around your neck, I had taken my ring off before I went in to labour with my DD#1 and put it in my jewelery box. I had only been home from hospital for a couple of days and had not put my rings back on, when we were burgled, they went through every nook and cranny in our house and stole my ring

I had no swelling at all .
    So i have no need to remove my rings even during labour and birth.
    I could easily pull them on and off at any time.
    So it is individual. NOt everyone swells.

Thanks heaps.
    When/If I have to take them off I'll wear it on my necklace. Id be to paranoid Id loose them otherwise

I kept mine on until i was asked to take it off b4 going in for my c-section as i didnt swell at all. If u notice ur feet or fingers swelling, take it off then...if u cant, i hear butter works well

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I'm in my 3rd trimester and am still wearing all of my rings. On some days I do have to take them off coz they're uncomfortable, but that's only usually needed for an hour or 2. I think every person is different.

I'm 17 weeks and no sign of trouble yet.

I took my engagement ring off the morning I went to the hospital to be induced as I didn't want to lose it while I was in there. So I'd leave it on until it was uncomfortable to wear and then if it gets to that point take it off then.

I rarely wear mine - it's big and got caught on things. Then my fingers became too swollen and I had to wear DH's engagement ring rather than my rings. Then DS started to use it as a teether. Then I put it "somewhere safe" - haven't seen it for months now (any ideas?).

Your body will let you know when it's time to take the rings off.

I don't have problems with my fingers swelling, just my ankles.

My fingers didn't swell too much, but I did know when to take them off.. There was no way I was having the rings cut off . I put them on my necklace that I never take off.

I am really not alot of help, would have kept mine on until i noticed tightness.

Please, please make sure though that when you do that they are safe.

When i was pregnant with DS my wedding and engagement ring disappeared, i was and still am devastated I dont remember taking them off (swelling hadn't become an issue yet) and i cant find them anywhere, its been a year now and still not shown up!

I took mine off last night, it's probably just heat-related but they were starting to get really uncomfortable on my finger I miss them.

My fingers were getting swollen in my third trimester. I ended up going out on a really hot day in January and spent the whole day at the Zoo in the boiling hot. I took my ring off at some point during the day and couldnt get it back on. I was about 32 weeks. I couldnt wear them again until a couple of weeks after Claire was born.

I'm sure you'll know when to take them off.