Thread: Fingers Swelling??

Default Fingers Swelling??

Hi everyone

Im 9 weeks pregnant and just this morning couldnt put my rings on! Is this normal so early? My fingers are really swollen and I dont know why. My diet is pretty good, I try not to eat too much salt and drink lots of water. I started researching online and completely made myself paranoid about pre-eclampsia. So, just asking if anyone else has experienced this so early or should I head off to my GP to get some tests?

TIA,

Hayley

Jodie259 Guest

It's perfectly normal Hayley.
    I swelled up really early on in my first pregnancy. I never took my wedding ring off... but I noticed it was getting tighter and tighter. I asked my ob about it - and he said to remove it or they would have to cut it off.

That was 2 years ago - and 9 months after giving birth, I got pregnant again - and my fingers have not returned to pre-pregnancy. So my wedding ring is still in the safe

I'm sure it's nothing to do with your diet, or pre-eclampsia... it's just hormones & your body changing.

With both of my pregnancies - I had this weird thing happen to my lower legs. Apart from the swelling - if you pressed down on the shin bone - the skin would indent - and not spring back. So I could have all these dents down my shins. It even freaked my Obstet out... and sent me off for blood tests. But I was all clear.

So try to relax. You'll probably have a 12 week check won't you? You can mention it to your doc/ob then...but I wouldn't panic too much.

I agree with Jodie. It is normal. Dont worry hun.

Thanks for your replies, guys. The fingers have gone down a bit today, could fit the rings on around lunch time but Im sure they will be coming off again soon.

Yep very normal, my swell on & off through out the day!

Me too, really early on.. my rings would fit ok in the morning but would become firm and uncomfortable by afternoon. Now even on a cool morning I have no hope of even getting them on!!

2Bubs4Us Guest

i hade the same with DS, and i have it again with #2, my rings are on my chain on my neck, got them enlarged after DS was born, but still don't fit!