Thread: Growing Pains???

Natalia23 Guest

Default Growing Pains???

Hi There,
    Im 6wks 4 days, first time preggers but have had the worst abdominal pains/cramping which leave my abdominal muscles feeling very strained and sore, I saw my GP and my HCG lvls are normal and no spotting so isn't a miscarriage but couldnt tell me anymore? some people have told me it is because im quite small currently going from a size 6-8 but I have not heard of this before... has anyone else had these stretching growing pains and so early on?

Hey there Natalia,

congrats on the PG! I have friend who's quite slender, and she had very bad cramping through her first trimester - I don't remember exactly when it started, but I think it was quite similar to you. She was quite worried about it at times, and went to have a scan. Similar to you, she also had no spotting. She's gone on to be absolutely fine (30+ weeks now!), so assumed it was just one of the odd little "joys" of PG!

All the best for a H&H PG!
    Cheers,
    Belfie

Maybe your body is adjusting to the changes in hormones atm? It is a crazy time for your body, really. Hopefully someone with some professional knowledge will be in soon to talk to you. Congrats on your pregnancy and all the best for a H&H 9 months!

Natalia23 Guest

Thats comforting thanks Belfie, I have been pretty concerned about it and its so nice to hear Im not alone! happy PG to you also

I had the same thing but for 17 weeks... You will be fine.. my OBGYN says totally normal!

Im only 4wks pregnant and have been having cramping were it hurts to cough and sometimes uncomfortable to walk, i asked my doctor today if it was right and she said its completely normal, so ive stopped myself from stressing about it and am just going to enjoy the ride

hi
    As the others have said, it is completely normal. Just bubby making room in there and getting comfy!!

NATALIA... I still get bad cramping & I'm nearly 19weeks. My friend also had horrific cramping until 12wks. She just managed with a hot water bottle. She's now nursing a beautiful baby boy.... Maybe it's a boy thing.... Good luck.