Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How far into PG did U get M/S?

Default How far into PG did U get M/S?

I was just wondering how many weeks into your PG did you start to notice m/s?
    Did is come on all of a sudden or did it creep up on you?

I'm towards the end of my 4th week and occasionally get excess saliva and a slight metalic taste. I'm just wondering if this might develop into nausea?

Hey charlotte,

I just found out i'm pg tho I haven't had the bt yet and am about as far along as you are! We're belly buddies! I haven't annouced it offically yet in the annouce thread yet tho, waiting for BT. (I have done 4 hpts on 3 dif days with 2 dif brands and have all been positive a good sign i think)
    I haven't felt sick yet, only had the AF like cramping. Not looking foward to the m/s. I read it normally kicks in about 6 wks.
    it doesn't develop for you.

I got to 8wks preg & thought that I was going to escape m/s altogether as I had felt any nausea - just very short of breath when doing household chores etc (felt really unfit all of a sudden!!!), but then one day I woke up, went to work & it hit about 2pm.... aaahhhh... felt like I was going to chuck!!! Then each day it worsened a little. I never felt sick in the mornings, it was always 2pm onwards. It's the smell of different foods that gets you & the thought of cooking made me want to be sick! (Never did actually throw up, just felt like it). It didn't go till about week 11/12.

Just try eat about 5 small meals throughout the day rather than big breaky, big lunch, big dinner.... trust me... if you're not already feeling really hungry, you soon will!!!! I remember the hunger pains being like nothing I've ever felt before.... had food in my mouth every 2-3 hours. Crazy!!! Oh, and I pretty much spent the 1st trimester asleep on the couch from 2pm onwards (that's when I'd get home from work). Between the sick feeling & the tiredness... I don't know what was worse!!! (sorry!)

Good Luck & hope you escape it!!!! Some do!!!!

EEJ: NIce to meet you. I'm going for BT on Monday. Thought I would give it a week to build up good hcg levels.

Jodie: Yes the hunger has hit and just had a 15 min nap on the couch.

Hi Charlotte, congratulations on your pregnancy! With my first DS morning sickness started at 5 weeks and with my second it started at 7 weeks. Both times it just came on all of a sudden. Hope you don't get it!

DD1 at 6 weeks til 22 weeks
    DD2 at 9 weeks til 17 weeks

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!.

This is my 1st pregnancy and i found out i was pregnant when i was 5 weeks 6 days and no joke the next day i had M/S. So i had M/S from 6 weeks until 11 weeks and had a little nausea for a few weeks after, but wasnt bad.

i had morning sickness from 4 weeks- that was what made me do the HPT in the first place as i woke up throwing up!

mummycate Guest

I got it at 5 weeks, and it slowly got worse and then started to ease off by about 12 weeks. I was doing a nursing traineeship, and having to get up at 4.45am to get to work on time was hell. I felt woozy, nauseous and extremely tired, like I never had enough sleep at night. Once I quit work and got to wake up when I was ready to, all I had was the nausea. I only ever vomited 4 or 5 times.

Congrats and good luck!

I got my m/s sickness at 6 weeks on the dot! Have yet to see the end of it though

Thanks you for all your replies. Nothing much has changed over the weekend. Off to see Dr today for BT.

Hi Charlotte
    Congrats chicky! Morning sickness with first preg started around 6 weeks and went all the way through till the day I gave birth and with this one hit at 5 weeks, fingers crossed that you don't have bad m/s

My morning sickness starts with that metalic taste in the mouth and lots of saliva and then descends into hell......lots of time communing with the toilet for me last time and this time so far too.

DD1 at 8 weeks til 16 weeks
    current pregnancy at 4 weeks til ???? hopefully no longer than 16 weeks!!! I am 7 weeks now and taking maxalon 3 times a day and thet keeps the vomiting down to about 3pm-10pm instead of all day

Good Luck

Tarsh

I have had morning sickness from about 4 weeks... it came on really gradually, with a little bit of nausea, then tiredness and hunger... and if I get too tired or hungry, thats it I'm in the toilet! It is slowly starting to ease up now. Still a bit yuck, but nowhere near as bad as it was at 5-8 weeks.

i was sick from week 7 to 13. 10 to 13 were like crazy sick all day sickness then just dropped off all of a sudden.
    i have had a few here and there mornings where if i dont eat within a hr of waking i will throw up.

Hi Charlotte!

Congratulations on the BFP! Great news!

I have just hit 9 weeks and only started getting m/s 2 days ago. Before that I had about 2 days when I was 5 weeks where I felt really off, and then I decided I didn't want morning sickness so I got into a stubborn/determined frame of mind and haven't had it at all until now. Even now I am putting it down to being out of my usual routine. I am only feeling it from late afternoon to when I go to bed, and it is just a yuck feeling. Only one spew so far and it was a much disliked food that set me off. Other than that I only experience the gagging when I smell something unpleasant - which seems to be raw meat at the moment.

I think the eating bit is the way to go because I do notice it gets stronger the hungrier I am, but the worse it gets the harder it is to get food down so don't let it get to that stage. Keep some snacks handy. I personally recommend a handful of almonds!!

I got my morning sickness at week6 and it came on VERY suddenly. Felt fine at about 2pm and by 4pm felt yuck. Felt yuck till week 12 and it finished almost as quickly as it started! I still felt tired and crazy hunger for the rest of the pregnancy but didn't feel sick again. Luckily I didn't throw up - just felt awful which i think is just as bad. Like having a hangover constantly but without havng the fun of having a few drinks the night before!

Well, I didn't even notice my pregnancy symptoms!! Before I found out, I don't think I felt sick, rather just more hungry. From about 9-10 weeks I definitely started feeling sick on and off, with occasional vomiting but mostly just the nausea and wretching It has mostly dropped off for me now (since about 12.5 weeks) and at the moment, I'm just more sensitive to smells.

I still get the metallic taste though and I think it's blood - I don't notice any bleeding but I do have sensitive gums and occasional nosebleeds so perhaps this might be the same for you?

Hope your M/S goes away quickly! I find that eating crackers first thing before doing anything else seemed to help me immensely, I still carry crackers in my handbag with me if I start feeling sick!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast