Thread: a little bleed

Default a little bleed

I have a question for some ladies, my SIL is approx 6 weeks pregnant and she just rang us quite upset because she just went to the toilet and found that she has had a small bleed (about a teaspoon). She has no cramping or anything she said there was a tiny clot but that was it, she hasn't kept bleeding? Does anyone know is this is normal? I told her to go to the hospital just to be sure but she doesn't want to?

Hi

I bled at 5.5 wks about the same amount but no clot - went straight to my docs though cos I have had 2 m/c's - I had a scan at 7.5 weeks and it still showed some implantation bleeding, that is what it was.

I hope this is all for your SIL, but because she also passed a tiny clot - I would be inclined to err on the side of caution and have it checked - I know it won't change the future but I would need to know that everything was still ok.

Hope that helps??!!

Sam

Joss,

I had bleeding at 6 weeks too. Just a tiny bit but enough to freak me out. I went to the doctor straight away I guess cos I wanted to set my mind at ease and everything was fine. It's usually implantation bleeding that early but I recommend getting it checked just for peace of mind xxx when mine happened I freaked but found out that it is really really common

I've heard that it is quite normal to have breakthrough bleeding around the same time you would noramlly get your period. I did but it was old blood (by the colour of it).

Like Sami - if it was a 'clot' and not just a bit of a bleed I would say to get it checked out. Keep me posted, I'll be thinking about you and your SIL.

Thanks ladies for your support and answers, but unofrtunately my SIL miscarried today as the clots just got bigger and bigger and she is now on strict bed rest to allow her body to.....do what it needs to do so to speak. My heart goes out for her, she just needs time to grieve.

:hugs::hugs:

I am so sorry to hear that Joss. My thoughts are with you both..... although your SIL probably won't want to talk about it, she should know that she isn't alone and if she would feel better (not the right word to use) to talk about it she has yours and everyone elses shoulder to cry on and there are lots of support groups out there.