Thread: Loss of appetite and bloatedness

Question Loss of appetite and bloatedness

Hi everyone!
    First, I am 7 weeks 5 days pregnant and am beginning to feel the loss of appetite. I could be super hungry but the smell, look and feel of food in my mouth makes me gag. I know that I need to eat so I've been forcing food down my mouth, but it just makes me feel so incredibly nauseous. What's a good way to lessen this feeling?

Second, in my 4th and 5th week of pregnancy I was extremely bloated - looked like I was already 5/6 months pregnant kind of bloated! A few days ago, I noticed that I've slimmed down a little in my belly area and am not as bloated....I still have a bloated lower belly but it is not as large and full like before. Should I be concerned that I've lost the bloatedness and not gained more? Because I miscarried in June, I am overly concerned about EVERYTHING.

Please share with me any of your thought or advice. THANK YOU!

Hi there,
    I am 10 weeks so not too far ahead of you and have noticed that when I do get hungry I eat a little and get full, I am not sure how to fight the nausea associated with food as mine comes and goes sorry.

As for the bloating, dont be concerned about that, some days I am really bloated and look pregnant (or just fat) and other days there is nothing there and everything looks normal, it is just bloating so it comes and goes as it would normally do.

Hope that helps put your mind at ease a little.

Hi,
    Maybe some dry crackers frequently or dry toast, maybe put a little vegemite on the toast, (it tastes the same on the way back up) is what i found worked.

Bloating, well i am always bloated. My stomach is starting to hurt atm coz i am so bloated.I try and steer away from gassy foods/drinks (but it doesnt always work). Dont stress its just a part of the pregnancy.

Have a happy and healthy pregnancy!!

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Sometimes I feel I'm really hungry, then when I eat I can't really eat much before feeling full or something. It's weird. I was bloated in the first few weeks, but I'm ok now.

=)

I have been finding that as well (I'm about 11 weeks) ... I'm sitting here, it's 2:15pm and I am not even hungry yet, haven't had lunch. I feel completely full but yet I feel like I should be eating...but as soon as Luke makes his lunch, I'll be hungry again

Bloatedness can come and go so don't stress about that. I read somewhere that eating apple can help with m/s. Don't know for sure cos I haven't had any yet so I didn't get to test the theory out. I've found that sometimes I feel hungry, take a few bites and don't want to eat anymore so I just stop eating. Forcing yourself probably isn't a good idea. Just try to eat frequently but small amounts would be a better idea I think. My baby has not suffered from me eating smaller meals and I've even lost a little weight (I needed to).

I have had the same problem. I have been so bloated I look and feel like I am going to explode! I have also lost my appetite due to the bloatedness. It is good to read this because it makes me feel a bit normal?? I am 7 weeks and bloating is my main symptom as I don't have many others.

I've had the same thing ,feel really hungry but the smell & thought of food makes me gag & yes i've had the bloating too.Just yesterday i felt really bloated but this morning it's gone again.
    Toast,celery,dry crackers,plain chips,pretzels,soda water & clear chicken noodle soup is what has been helping me deal with the nausea.Also apples & plain salad can b helpful too.
    I've been drinking soda water like it's going out of fashion,it helps to settle my stomach.The perrier is the best,also the most expensive but it works better than the other brands.

This is my first pg so not trying to claim to be an expert..
    I am hungry ATM but the smell and even looking at food makes my tummy jump. I've been really bloated on and off so i'm sure that is all ok. My GP said the bloating is normal and just caused by hormones changing and also because your organs are moving/stretching that can also cause it.
    My m/s has kicked in this week and the whole food thing is even worse now.

All part of the apparent fun so do not stress.

Poor snowchickie I know what you mean... mornings are not as bad anymore for me but they were hell a few weeks ago. I found that having a cracker or to as soon as I woke up seemed to overcome that initial sickness, and then a little while later I would have my regular breakfast (cereal or toast). Unfortunately crackers quickly start tasting like cardboard