Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nausea and food?

Default nausea and food?

well i have had nausea he past week or so but yesterday monrnig and this moning its gotten worse and i know they say to eat and it will help it but the thought of eating is making it worse and i feel if i do eat then in going to vomit any suggestions?

beastie Guest

eat something before you get out of bed.
    zwieback or biscuits

Hi Renee
    I've heard that eating a dry biscuit first thing in the morning helps with nausea, so maybe if you do that first it might settle your belly enough to eat something else.
    Hope this helps.
    P.S. My EDD is also 31/07/07

Hi Renee
    I have had a few similar mornings.
    I have tried a few different things but what has worked for me is just a small handful of plain potato chips (we buy cheapest coles homebrand crinkle cut 12 pack for $3 a bargain!) before i get out bed! I have also found the nausea bad in the car on the way to work too so just a small pack available just in case.
    Not sure if there is any correlation but i have noticed the nights where I eat light dinner (eg chicken and salad or steak and steamed veges) at a reasonable hour (eg by no later than 8.30, I go to bed 9.30) i don't wake up quite so bad the next morning.
    I've found the ginger and lemongrass tea, brewed and cooled so its not hot when it hits you tummy helps alot too.
    Good luck
    Belinda.

beastie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bb77 View Post
    I've found the ginger
    oh jaa... i read it in newspaper *remember* just a few weeks ago
    ingwer is good for (against?) nausea.. after an operation as well
    Last edited by beastie; November 27th, 2006 at 11:54 AM.

Renee - go to the doctor and ask for some Maxalon tablets. They take a couple days to really kick in. The best thing I found was to actually let myself throw up. LOL - You feel SO much better afterwards. Eat things that are plain and don't have a lot of sugar. The one thing that I could eat no matter what is Vegemite Sandwhiches! Plain, boring, but good for you!!!

Celsie. xoxox

JOYS OF PREGNANCY!!Yeah im like that dont feel like i could spew but just yuck.. I find basic foods help ie vegemite on toast, cruskits, cheese on crackers seemed to help to. But i also just MAKE myself eat i never know what i feel like though which makes it hard but if i eat i feel soooo much better then when i dont eat... Good luck

I am the same as you - i cant even think of food ... when i feel like that it is enough to make me puke.

Try something you can eat qucikly and is easy to get down - the thought of dry biscuits dosnt thrill me at all....... i bought some but never once put them beside my bed.. hehehehe .

and Janeo likle you i force stuff down . bit e by tiny bite hehehehe feel much better afterwards.

bb77 - i am the opposite if i have alight dinner the night before i feel so sik in the morning....but if i have a midnight munchie attack i feel ok when i wake up.. i think that if your tummy is empty for to long it can make things worse.
    Last edited by meegm; November 27th, 2006 at 11:32 AM.

he he the only normal thing about being pregnant is that there is no such thing as normal!

what is zwieback?

beastie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bb77 View Post

what is zwieback?
    i havent found any translation... only zwieback as translation

i give you a pic

I find that food helps me, mainly dry biscuits with cheese spread or vegemite.

I have all day nausea at the moment, but it mostly makes me feel hungry....its a weird feeling.

Usually if I force myself to eat, like dinner if I am feeling sick at that time, I feel 100% better afterwards.

Is Zwieback toast???

Celsie. xoxox

I FOUND A FEW WEEKS AGO THAT SUCKING ON A LOLLIPOP WAS GOOD BUT NOW I CANT EVEN HOLD DOWN ANY KIND OF DRINK I HAVE BEEN TAKING THE MAXOLON BUT IT HAS NOT HELPED ME AT ALL IM GOIN TO DR AGAIN TOMORROW TO SEE IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE THEY CAN DO . TO START WITH I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS THE CHANGE IN THE HEAT THAT WAS MAKING ME FEEL SO SICK BUT IM NOT SO SURE I HAVE EVEN BEEN WAKING UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT FEELING REALLY SICK. BUT LIKE Celsie I HAVE FOUND THAT BEING SICK MAKES ME FEEL SO MUCH BETTER

Celsie, Zwieback is I guess the best way to describe, kinda like croutons but not little squares...also it's a different kind of bread. I haven't had it in years but from memory wasn't too bad. It's super crunchy.

Renee, you could also try sea bands which go on your wrists and have magnets which work on the accupressure points. I wore mine 24/7 except in the shower up until I was around 18 wks I think...only cos I wasn't game to try taking them off ...lol then I forgot to put them back on one day and didn't need them anymore. I found fruit to be helpful as well as vita wheats with vegemite. Hope your m/s clears up soon, I reckon it's the worst part of being pg!

I have found ginger beer to be FANTASTIC!! I never normally drink it but the ginger calms your stomach and the fizz makes you burp which is a relief when you have a permanent vomit bubble in your throat!!

I also found ginger beer to help a little!
    Also, I think I lived on milk arrowroot biscuits for the first trimester! And apples aswell.
    I also had oats, which I was usually able to eat without being sick.

Hope you feel better soon.

beastie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Celsie View Post
    Is Zwieback toast???
    no its not

Quote Originally Posted by Ozziehoffy View Post
    kinda like croutons but not little squares...also it's a different kind of bread.
    thats closely matched (could i say it this way?)

it tastes more sweet... but not too much

thats from wiki:
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zwieback is a kind of sweetened bread, usually fortified with eggs. It is initially baked as a loaf and then sliced and toasted forming a crisp biscuit or rusk. Its name is derived from 19th century German and is translated as twice bake.

Due to its long storage life it has been a fundamental food for seafaring and the military.

Russian Mennonite zwieback is a bread roll formed from two pieces of dough that are pulled apart when eaten. Placing the two balls of dough one on top of the other so that the top one does not fall off during the baking process is part of the art and challenge that must be mastered by the baker. Traditionally, zwieback are baked Saturday and eaten Sunday morning and for afternoon Faspa. Roasted zwieback will last indefinitely and were used for food supplies on journeys [1].

Nabisco brand also manufactures zwieback toast for toddler consumption.

Personally I find that fruit in the morning helps with m/s. I also feel like not eating but I know that's not the best thing for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast