Thread: small traces of blood after pap smear

Default small traces of blood after pap smear

I am 7 weeks and i had a smear test today i have just been to the toilet and wiped myself and got small traces of blood its not bright red ..

I am so stressing..

can the smear test make you bleed its never happened before.

Hi Meegm
    Yes a pap smear can make you bleed a little. Also it is not unusual to have some bleeding early in your pregnancy. If you are still bleeding in a couple of days, or if the bleeding increases and you start to get cramps, then it may be a good idea to get things checked.

i had the same thing happen to me after a pap smear at 6 weeks when I was pregnant with my second. All went on to be fine and it didn't last for more than 24hrs. I'm sure everything will be fine for you too.

Sorry you are having bleeding - what a fright. I have had a little bleed after a smear too so I imagine it's all fine. Quick question though - why do they give you a pap smear in early pregnancy? If there is a problem with the result what are they going to do about it? I personally wouldn't have one done during pregnancy myself so was just wondering why you'd have it done then.

I've been known to have bleeding after a pap smear when not pregnant at all - the cervix is really quite sensitive, and I think it gets even more sensitive during pregnancy, so not altogether unexpected.

Hope it clears up and it is just from the pap smear.

BW

There's nothing more I can say that hasn't already been said, so big hugs!

Celsie. xoxox

i havnt had anymore - so fingers crossed thats all it was..

I had to have it as i have previously had CIN3 abnormal cells and my alst smear test was may 06 before i got preggas with my DS 9 months old, so becuase of my history my GP wanted me to have one done before 12 weeks.. but i tell you i will never have another one while pregnant again .. no way in hell ..

i had the most gut wrenching fear .. it was like everything i had read and heard of happening was gonna happen to me... I didnt bleed at all with DS so when i saw something that was coloured - i freaked....

I am feeling a little better about it now .. I do have some aches in my tummy but they started after i freaked so i think stress made me feel things IYKWIM ....

But i have decided that if it continues ill go get checked.

Thank you everyone for answering me ...