Thread: Soooo Tired! What helps?

Default Soooo Tired! What helps?

HI Girls

I have been back at work for a week, and I am exhuasted. I am so tired it is ridiculous! I can't drink coffee so I am having a Berrocca instead, this doesn't seem to help that much. Does anyone have any fantastic sure fire (safe) remedy they could recommend!

Also, does anyone know how long the "tiredness" last for?

Thanks,

MT

Lol sleep!

Sorry, just being a smarta$$...

I actually found having lightly steamed veges at lunch helped so much... a real pick me up. It has helped the morning sickness too... if I am sick Shel cooks me veges lol. Last night it was all I ate for dinner...

I also go to bed at 8.30 (though usually its because I've crashed!) which helps the next day. If you have to get up early, go to bed early the night before.

A little nanna nap when you get home in the afternoon does wonders too.

Got he nanna nap, it's the only answer.
    I used to get staight home from work and sleep till dinner, then back to sleep about 9.30.

A short walk helped a little for me (some fresh air and excercise) but really the only sure fire cure was an afternoon nap. By about 4 months my energy returned but by 8 months I was getting pretty tired again (mostly becasue sleeping at nights was so difficult).

the nanna nap, the nanna nap, the nanna nap LOL!! I even used to have a 15min nap during my lunch break.

trying to keep your diet ok also (which i can never do and I'm sure that's why I suffer) I'm sure also helps

I was exhausted the first few months of my pregnancy. I found that short naps, around 20 minutes were really helpful- but no longer than that, it could actually make you groggier. Maybe some fresh fruit and a cup of tea. When I hit three months it was like a magical switch had been flipped and I all of a sudden had all kinds of extra energy.

Steph - I'm the same anything more than half an hour sleep wise and I feel really bad for a good couple of hours so I really have to train myself that once my eyes open for that first time not to let them close again or I will pay for it for the rest of the day.

kirsty_lee Guest

Nana naps help me... but unfortunately sometimes it doesn't get better. I've got about 12 weeks and 5 days to go until D Day and i'm still exhausted lol but yeah all i can suggest is nana naps...hope it gets better for you darl

The tiredness came and went for me (still is) I'm sure you are already doing it but a good multi vitamin can help. Other than that I can only suggest early nights and taking naps whenever you can get them.
    Last edited by satya; January 15th, 2008 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks Girls for all your advice. I think I will try and eat more fruit and vegies and see if that helps too.

Take care

MT

Hi MummyTwo - hope it eases for you soon hun .. I am the same and I have long work days - usually on train by 630 and not getting home till 630 so i nap on the trains and again like the other girls I nap when i get home while DH cooks dinner then i am normally in bed by 9pm at latest .... i usually hit a brick wall in the afternoon around 1.30pm - 2.00pm so i time my lunch break for then so i can get some fresh air if need be ... that and i often have quick 5 min loo naps - nothing can get you through the day like going to the loo and closing your eyes for a few mins lolol my mum even does this at work when she is tired !