Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update

Default Update

Hey there,

I thought I'd continue on from the doctor rant thread here, as I have had finally some good news!

I got a scan done today and they saw a little bean with a heartbeat

I was supposed to be 6w3d according to gestational sac size last scan (no baby showed up ), and 8w according to LMP, but today due to baby's measurements I was dated at 5w6d. The heart beat was 99bpm (is this okay?)

The bleeding which had progressively gotten heavier since Sunday and freaking me out is due to a large bleed in my uterus which could be seen on the scan. It's not the baby and not really that close to it either, has anyone had that experience? The amount of clotting I've had must be due to that, although the doctor told me I was miscarrying for sure, I was happy today to prove him wrong

There's still a lot of blood inside from the mass rupture on my ovary, but it seems insignificant to the fact that I thought my baby might be gone.

So I'm very happy, I know I should still be cautious, but just one hurdle out of the way...at least we know we have a chance now.

Thankyou so much for all your support and messages to help me through this difficult time, especially after having the doctor tell me such bad news, it shows that there is still always hope

Congrats on the great news Tara!!
    99BPM sounds fine to me, as i was scanned at 6wks 3 days, and bubs heartbeat was 101 bpm. Everyday at that early stage, the heart gets a little faster. And by 12 weeks, bubs heartbeat for me was up to 157bpm. The sonographer told me it was fine, so i would not worry, you have had anough to worry about lately without adding to it.
    Fingers crossed for you hun that this little bubba is a sticky one, here for the long run

Just had a call from the doctor, says there's a reasonable size subchronic hematoma (sp?) and not to get too excited.

Any experience with this? Should I do or not do anything?

Thanks Lil_Aussie for sharing your experience, sounds like 99 isn't too bad

I forgot what all this worry was like

Tara,
    I am sorry for the dramas you are having..
    Subchorionic haematoma is a collection of blood under the placenta- or where the placenta is developing. This can increase the risk of miscarriage depending on the size of the haematoma. However, it doesn't make miscarriage inevitable.
    YOu are right to stay positive and hopeful - give your little one the best chance by focusing on healthy growing!

Thinking of you :hugs:

This sounds the same as the pg my sister lost back in November 04. I know its good to hear the suscess stories but I just thought I would let you know that unfortantly it can lead to a loss. My sister started to bleed at 10 weeks & went on to loss the baby at 14 weeks. It was very traumatic for her. She had a heamatoma (not sure where it was positioned) & it seems that when her uterus tried to get rid of it, everything was lost. Baby's HB was fine all the way through & was still detected just before she lost her angel. She went through a normal labour & birth which I think helped her on some levels.

Anyway, fingers crossed all goes well for you & that your little bubba sticks!

I had a small subchronic hematoma which went away (well I think it did). My ob said no sex and it was monitored. I had a very good pg and a perfectly healthy little girl. I hope things work out for you, try to stay positive and not worry.

Tara, I'm so glad you saw your little bean and heard the heartbeat. I have my fingers crossed for you that nothing goes wrong from here and that you have a happy outcome. Keep us updated and take care of yourself in the meantime and try to rest up. Positive thoughts and sticky vibes for you

JadeTara Guest

Tara, I have everything crossed for you that the bleed will rectify itself and all will be well. So exciting that you saw your healthy little bub, you must've been so relieved to see that heartbeat.

malimum Guest

Hey Tara,

Im so glad that u got 2 hear the heartbeat, i hope everything turns out positive, if you feel there is hope thats something positive to hold on to.

Im for you.....My thoughts are with you......Goodluck!!!!

bye
    Malimum

Thankyou so much for your kindness and encouragement .

I know this will be okay, it's just going to be a long road ahead yet. I'm finally seeing a new GP on Tuesday as well and hopefully will be able to get in to see an OB.

I've decided to not work for now (I mow lawns for a living) until the bleeding settles down. I know bedrest isn't scientifically proven, but I just don't feel right working when my placenta is starting to come away and I have this much bleeding. It's settle down a lot since I've stayed at home this week.

The pain comes and goes which is the most scary bit, more so than the bleeding, but every day more is another day closer to making it.

I have read that I have a 50/50 chance which seems like a good chance, I know there are possible complications with this problem although I am trying to ignore that side of it right now. Not because I'm not realistic, but because I honestly believe this will be okay, and to get through everyday, I have to believe it.

Thankyou all again for the support you've given me over subsequent threads now

ETA: I made a big step and made a ticker today! But I can't get it to show up other than the link lol

Tara, I hope things are still looking good for you

Hey RayRay,

I've been avoiding posting for a while...so many people are pregnant and I worry about talking about my negative experiences.

Bub's is still hanging in there, but i'm not my old positive self. I think Im worn down because of these couple of weeks of problems, everyday waiting for something bad to happen. The bleeding hasn't stopped, I've had godawful cramping and backache and it's all worrying. I've been holding off on going to the doctors because I'm scared to. I've got to find a new one and that alone scares me. I'm seeing one on Tuesday, then I will be 8w5d and they will take it more seriously. I'm hoping to get another scan done then.

I've lost my morning sickness symptoms very suddenly for the last two days, that alone has freaked me right out.

I'm sorry that I'm a negative person at the moment, my better judgement is not to type.

Hey tara, im sorry i have no advice, i hope this is a sticky one... I've heard that at about 4 and 8 weeks you can have symptoms of what would've been your period, maybe even some bleeding... SO maybe there will still be a chance. I have my fingers crossed for you sweetie.

malimum Guest

Im sorry to hear of your concerns Tara, hang in there, i hope all works out for you
    Good luck with the dr's appt on Tuesday.

Bye
    Malimum

Hi Tara
    Just wanted to wish you luck with your doctors appointment next week. Hope the bleeding settles down and bubs has grown nice and big.

My m/s stopped suddenly around 8wks too so don't worry too much about that.
    Take care.

Hi Tara, best of luck at your appt.
    I never had any m/s to start with so can't give you advice there.
    I did have bleeding and stabbing lower abdominal pain for about 10 weeks though, and things worked out ok.

malimum Guest

Tara, im sorry you are stiil going thru a difficult time still I am still that everyting works out u!!! Keep your chin, and stay strong

keeping my

Bye Bye
    Malimum

Hi Tara,
    Great to hear you are seeing a new dr, and hopefully everything will be OK.

Its really hard when dr's dont seem to do anything about a pregnancy before 12w. I had the same problem when I miscarried at 11w, and felt very alone with the public system. Even my great GP told me to wait a week before getting a scan.

About the only thing I can suggest is try to be a little optimistic about it all. You are one of the key people that can send positive vibes to your little baby, and it needs to know its got all the support in the world from you.
    Things could turn out wonderfully for you, so hold on to that hope.

If not - you will find a great deal of support on BB.

But I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast