Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you eat all day?

Default What do you eat all day?

I was just wondering what other people eat on a typical day, now that you are eating for two. I'm trying to eat healthy and not over indulge too much, as I don't want to start out gaining heaps of weight. That said, i basically eat when I'm hungry (don't want to starve bubs either!).

So, my typical (work) day generally consists of something like:

breakfast: 1 weetbix with milk & a small amount of yoghurt
    am snacks: 1 piece toast (wholemeal) with vegemite & 1 banana
    lunch: 1 toasted sandwich (wholemeal) with spinach, tomato, avocado and cheese
    pm snacks: 1 apple
    dinner: usual - meat and veg/stir fry/pasta, etc
    other: I snack on dry saladas during the day if I get hungry and often have a glass of milk and choc chip biscuit after dinner

Perhaps I should also say that I'm faily small (about 5"1, 55 kg) and not particularly active.

Hey Gypsy

I've been wondering what everyone else is eating too. Here is what I ate yesterday (fyi I was 57kg when I had my last ob appointment 2 weeks ago). I try to eat low GI & organic foods (incl milk) where possible.

This was yesterday, Tue:
    Breakfast: 2 x bowls of muesli & 2 x slices of rye bread with peanut butter. Glass of milk.
    am snacks: apple & banana
    lunch: piece of meat & vege lasagne, 2 x kiwi fruits.
    pm snacks: soy & lin fruit muffin from muffin break, 6 x dried apricots, glass of milk
    dinner: corned beef & veg
    pm snacks: half serve of sticky date pudding with strawberries (don't normally have dessert but I went to my Mum's & she spoils me), 10 maltesers & an orange about an hour after that.
    Plus I drink at least 2L of water every day. I take folate & blackmores pregnancy gold.

Sound like a real greedy guts don't I?!?!? I just keep feeling hungry. It's mostly good stuff that I'm eating so I am not going to cut back unless I don't feel hungry. I don't usually eat this much but I just can't ignore that hungry feeling in my tummy.

Hi ladies,

Am not like you 2 skinny mini's ! I am a bit of a bigger girl and I have had a hard time keeping exercising (even walking) as I get nauseous if I walk fast or attempt to move too quickly! It is starting to subside a little so I am pushing myself to start walking again and will be joining a pre natal yoga class within the next week or so. Am trying to eat healthy and to keep the portions similar if not smaller than what I used to eat but eat more often. I also try not to keep eating if I know I am full, expecially at dinner as I find it hard to digest and I get crampy.

This is what I have been eating

Breakfast: bowl of Special K with a sliced banana and lite milk
    about 9am: small skim caramel latte & a treat from the coffee van ( usually banana bread but am going to stop this and have something more healthy!)

Morning tea: mandarin or apple

Lunch: usually soup & toast or left over from dinner last night and a yogurt.

Afternoon tea: apple with a couple slices of reduced fat cheese or mandarin (love mandarins at the mo, they really helped with MS as well)

Dinner: pasta/meat veg/stir fry. We sometimes have a late dinner so I might nibble on a few mini vita wheat around 4pm if I get peckish as I cannot catch the bus hungry or its a ride from hell!!
    Evening snack: 1 scoop of low fat ice cream or a cup of herbal tea and a couple biscuits or something along those line

An I try to drink as much water as I can, even if it means going to the loo 50 times a day

Moose

Moose - I have a really yummy (& easy) recipe for a low GI banana & walnut bread. It's made with wholemeal flour so it is quite a healthy snack. Let me know if you would like the receipe & will share with you.

That would be awesome AJC, I have some bananas in the freezer I need to use!

No prob - the book is at home so I'll post the receipt tonight.

Moose - didn't want to take over gypsy's thread so I've PM'd the recipe to you. Enjoy!!!

Thanks AJC, will try it out this week-end

AJC - can you PM me that recipe too please hun?! Sounds yummy

I generally eat the same as i was before, however I need to eat more than before as i get soooo hungry!! I have a tendency to put on weight pretty easily so have to be careful... I eat toast for breakfast with either banana or vegemite or baked beans i just alternate each day.... snacks i have salada's, i don't get alot of time to eat snacks at work unfortunately.... lunch i eat leftovers from last night's dinner yummy, and throughout the afternoon i'll snack on bit of yoghurt, or an apple etc... whatever is around but try to be as healthy as possible.... dinner is always healthy too. Veges, meat etc..... I'm so lucky DH always makes dinner and makes something really good!!!

No prob Ren - will PM you tonight. You are so lucky that your DH cooks, mine tries but I end up cooking most of the time. Which is a good excuse for him to do the cleaning up, he he he. Always a motive.

I'm another small girl and i packed on the weight with #1 (23kg to be exact... i know..... its alot) so i admitt im alot my careful about how much and what i eat but i'm like Renstar, i eat almost everything i ate before i was preg and only more if im hungry.
    I do occasionally have a snack which is usually a sweet or yoghurt about 8pm to settle my rumbling tummy (DP always eats the leftovers for lunch and i cant stand reheated food)
    This is what i ate Yesterday;
    Brekkie- 1 bowl of Light 'n' Tasty (triple berry) and alot of choc milk (750ml) lol
    Morn Tea- nothing (was at playgroup)
    Lunch- H/made pizza & 2 peices of Vegemite toast
    Afternoon Tea- Cup of tea
    Dinner- Vege's and Chicken
    Late Snack (2 rows of Crunchie choc)

I feel so unhealthy compared to all you guys. lol

Ha at the moment oranges - i just polished off 4 in a row....

me,im eating fruit or raisin toast 4 brekkie,sometimes fruit,salad sandwiches,vegemite rolls or a pasta and tea just light food and snacks and more fruit,oranges,kiwis,banana's,apples,etc,cant eat a lot as i feel sick,oh and a souvlaki from my friends dads fish n chip shop!!but am struggling with food and usually i love my food..and FYI i am stacking on the weight and yet not over indulging,,except for the odd butternut snap bikkie here and there
    Bon xo

This is my usual diet and it really hasn't changed that much.
    Breakie: Rice bubbles with warm skim milk and a bit of sugar (I am struggling to loose the sugar).
    Morning Tea: Nothing or some McDonalds cookies (my craving I am afraid) and a skim hot chockie.
    Lunch: Vegimite s'wich or salad s'wich or bread and cupa soup (not usually that hungry at lunch).
    Afternon tea: Muslie bar or snack size chockie (sometimes both).
    Dinner: stir fry or chicken and salad or vegies and steak or tuna rissols and veggies (TA chinese once a week, I have the braised chicken and vegies in a tub with boiled rice). Its my treat.

I am only a shorty too. I am 5f1 and although I weighed 58kg when confirming pregnancy at 4 weeks, I am 11 weeks and was weighed last week at 57kg, but I have not really been sick and I have still been exercising at least twice a week at the gym. I think its just because I really dont eat big meals and I mainly pick all day. I can happy just having bread for lunch most of the time. But I go for the Bakers Delight Low GI bread its great.

I am eating so much lately.

I am 5'3 and weighed 54kg about 6 weeks ago - i have no idea if i have put on any weight but i wouldn't be surprised.

Breakfast: Bowl of hot porridge or cornflakes & 2 pieces of wholegrain toast with jam (gluttony, i know!)
    AM Snack: More toast with jam or just butter AND yoghurt and piece of fruit either banana or apple (sometimes don't have the toast)
    Lunch: Baked beans & cheese and bread, Pie, dinner leftovers or McDonalds
    PM Snack: Piece of fruit or slice of bread, sometimes i have a bowl of porridge!!
    Dinner: Lots of cooked vegies & Meat, Stirfry, pasta etc.
    Evening Snack: Nothing really unless hubby buys chocolate or icecream - maybe once a fortnight.

Drink: I have one coffee in the morning, maybe a tea or hot milo in the afternoon and another hot milo in the evening. Some water throughout the day - but i don't drink alot. Naughty me!!!!

My diet is pretty bad at the moment.

I really need to start making my lunch and bringing it to work so i don't rush off for Macca's when i'm starving at 1pm!

I'm gonna be a little porker

Haha to Jellybean01, atleast you admitted to eating Macca's for lunch, i've stayed away for about a week and a half and i never take lunch as i can't stand reheated food so i usually sneak macca's or red rooster (naughty me i know) i dont feel so bad admitting it now though, everyone else who's posted eats so healthy, makes me feel guilty, but i just cant stand to eat salad or pasta everyday, i like the treats in life.
    I had h/made pizza again for lunch today x2 they were so good, i love how my sister made it
    She feeds me lots, i hate cooking lunch, if it was up to me i'd eat toast or pasta (they r quick and easy)

This is an interesting thread. I am also a bit worried about gaining weight as I seem to have special abilities in that department!! I think I have already put on 2kg since before being pg and I am only 5 weeks tomorrow I haven't changed what I eat all that much but I am now snacking at every morning and afternoon tea and I used to go for hours without food and without feeling hungry. Can't do it anymore. Every 2 hours I get hungry.

Todays effort:
    breakfast: bowl of cereal (other options lately have been yoghurt and fruit or vegemite on toast or vegemite on crumpets which btw I've never even thought of eating before but it has been appealing this past week so I guess thats one new thing).
    morning tea: A few (2) small 'just nuts' museli bars (they're yum and not too big). (Other options 100g tub of vaalia yoghurt)
    lunch: yoghurt (but not if I have already eaten it). Small 100g tinned tuna on a couple of saladas. A green apple.
    afternoon tea: usually more museli bars or another tin of tuna (plain) but today I felt like an apple so I had a green apple with dried dates when I got home from work.
    dinner: Tonight, left over tomato and red lentil soup. Might have some multigrain toast with it. Other nights commonly its pasta, chicken curry, grilled meat/fish and steamed veg. Last night it was beef stroganoff on rice.
    Dessert: Don't always have it. Maybe 4 times a week. Icecream. Chocolate. Fruit.

I have stopped drinking coffee. Drink lots of tea though - between 2 and 5 cups per day! Around another 1 to 1.5 litres of water on top. I get thirsty if I go more than a couple of hours without drinking.

Kirra - that home-made pizza sounds delish! Might have to make some this weekend

I love hearing what everyone eats everyday! Even though its my job (Im a nutritionist) I still love it! (guess I choose the right profession!)
    Most of u guys sound like u have good diets, but just had to warn everyone they really shouldnt be having coffee everyday, try and just have it every other day instead. Also Kaz76, your diet is really good but are you aware that tuna should really be avoided during pregnancy as it has high levels of mercury? Having a tin once a fortnight is fine but it shouldnt be eaten everyday. Smaller fish or chicken would be better.
    Hope nobody minds me preaching to them! :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast