Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When will i start to show?

Yep, I've popped in a small way and I'm ten weeks now.

It's definitely not wobbly either. I can also "feel" my uterus when I raise my leg onto the bed to tie my shoelaces so I imagine it won't be long before it's right out there saying "helloooo ... look at me!!".

It does seem to vary widely between women. I know some people who haven't looked pregnant at all until they were almost due to give birth!

I was thin, but not skinny, when I got pg, and started show & wear maternity pants, at around 13/14 weeks.

There are some good maternity jeans out there that look just like regular jeans, they can be a bit expensive though.

Tiffany. Guest

My sister didn't really start showing until her fifth month! It was incredible. Whereas me, I'm showing already. I'm so excited!

My wobbly little pot belly is being pushed out I'm sure by the pg. But to everyone else, I think it still looks like my little pot. hehe. Need it to start popping out at the top! Then I'll look pg

I'm just over 20 weeks and I'm sure it has just grown over night - i have not put on any weight throughout my pregnancy and then I jumped on the scales this morning and low and behold there was an extra 2 kilos not there yesterday and I've lost sight of my feet all of a sudden..... 8-[

Besides I was what they call as "Pleasantly Plump" prior to pregnancy so maybe that explains why I haven't started to show until today.....

Either way - whether you're big or small someone will judge... :-s

getinmybelly!! Guest

People have noticed that my tummy is sticking out more. My 'darling' thirteen year old nephew mentioned it to me

This is my second which I have heard makes a difference and before I found out about being pregnant I had been doing over 300 situps a day so its probably just losing muscle as well.

I have actually lost weight the last few days :-s

I've had friends who didn't show with their first until 18 weeks (and that was twins!) and over, but even though this is my first and I'm only 13 weeks I haven't fitted any of my jeans for weeks now.

I'm only slight in build, average height, and put on about 3 kilos in the first trimester (no m/s and a huge appetite). I noticed when my baby moved up from my lower abdomen to just below my belly button after 10/11 weeks. Now I think it's higher still. I had to buy the belly belt (great for holding off having to get maternity pants), but at least the size of my belly is being left behind the size of my breasts at this stage!!

I have given up thinking I'm going to be one of those mums who doesn't pop out until 5 months though...

I'm currently 20 weeks pg, and I'm sort of just starting to show now, but you can't really see the shape of my tummy if I wear a loose fitting top or shirt. I feel a little insulted when I tell people that I'm pg and they tell me that I'm hardly even showing, but I'm just looking forward to when I'm noticeably showing, and I can proudly show off my baby bump.

I had an OB appt today and a lady in the waiting room asked me if I knew what I was having :shock: I must look bigger than I think LOL! Maybe thats a good thing! I think I am starting to show now, I have a little ledge that grows every day And also depends on when seth decides its renovation time...I swear he's got a jacuzzi in there with all the reno work going on!

*hugs*
    Cailin

clare076 Guest

I am just over 26 weeks now and last week I overheard a lady at work whispering "is Clare pregnant" Umm yeah. Either that or I have gone on one hell of an eating binge. (have put on 10 kilos)
    I was quite proud of my belly bump, but am getting sick of people commenting on my "neat little bump". I actually had a guy at work ask me if I had had the baby already???
    Now I am getting paranoid that my baby is small or not growing properly, whens my belly going to grow?

Clare

Jed Guest

Woah it's amazing how different everyone is and basically it's just a wsiting game. To be honest i'm hoping i don't pop out in the next 2 1/2 weeks as i'm a bridesmaid for my very best friend and the dress isn't the typ to hide bumps, even if you're not pg.

At that stage (fingers crossed) i'll be 12wks and i think already i'm starting to pop a little. My everyday black work pants are firmer then normal around the waist but my D/H hasn't noticed i'm bigger, maybe i'm looking to hard.

Anyway thanks guys for all your insight and bring on 10WKS!!!!

Jed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12