Thread: Working out EDD.... a question....

Default Working out EDD.... a question....

I think I have the right idea, but just wondering about other opinions....

If I go by most conventional ways of working out EDD, I would be 4w3d along, and due on 03-08-08. But I ovulate later (not much, but still) so I have adjusted by 'last period' date, because I know (going by ovulation) that I am 4w today and due 06-08-08.

You probably think i'm silly to wonder over three days, but I am just wondering... when I go to drs appts. and stuff, should I tell them the adjusted period date, or the actual one? Even though its only 3 days, I just wonder!

P.S. You have my permission to laugh at me and tell me it makes no diference!

when u go to the doc they will work it out on their comp. i was given the 28th of may by the doc which was wat i got from working it out from my last period. then when i went for my 12week scan they moved my edd to 23rd may and i will expect it will change again when i go for my 19week scan.
    i would worry too much cause they will change it so many times anyways lol.
    i was reading some where yesterday that its only like 10% of people that actually have their bub on there edd. so being off by like 3 days shouldnt matter too much.

Haha thanks dan, and double thanks for not laughing at me!

as sassy said you dr will work it out for you but tell them you were charting or whatever and O didn't occur on cd14 etc...but the most accurate is a 12 week scan but not everyone gets them

dont worry no one will laugh at u. i have asked so mnay questions and i look back now and think they were so stupid but when u r young and it is ur first preg it is so hard knowing wat goes on and when. i just go tot he doc every month and ask wat do i do now lol.

I have the same problem as you Leasha. I know I ovulated much later than usual (nearly a week later), so by going by the EDD calculators that are on the web, my due date would be 16 July (give or take). U/s shows that the little egg is not that far along so I was given another EDD of 22 July (which seems more in line with my o date).

Either way, I found that most doctors only ask you when the first day of your last af was, and they work it out that way. And like sassy said, you will get many different EDD by the time yoou are ready to give birth.

Good luck and hope you have a H & H pg.

Dont forget next year is a leap year so may add an extra day in there.

I was told that your EDD is whatever they tell you at your dating scan. With DD the measurements at each scan gave me a diff date but the dr said they only go by the dating scan.

Drs generally work the EDD out by assuming every woman has 14 days from the first day of her period to ovulation. But as you say and other have pointed out, O may occur on day 21 or 25 of your cycle. If you know your O date, use that as your EDD predictor as it is more accurate. My O date was a week out and I just told everyone my adjusted date which the 20 week scan proved correct! They measure the length of the thigh bone to check your EDD at the 20wk scan- weird, isn't it?